Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Josh Askew, Re-signs For Chester FC
Rio Doherty
post Aug 20 2021, 12:01 AM
Post #1

Rio Doherty

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 12774

Left back Josh Askew rejoined Chester FC from Clitheroe on an initial short-term contract yesterday after impressing on trial. Over the moon to hear this news, as this reminds me very much of the Shaun Tuton saga a couple of years ago when he signed for Spennymoor Town just a week after playing against us on the opening day, while in this case Josh has returned to us having signed for Clitheroe just last week. I think it’s a very clever piece of business though, as Askew basically joined Clitheroe to just bolster his match fitness upon his return to us after his trial, so hats off to all parties. At first I was baffled as to why he moved to a team two divisions below us, but now I’m delighted Josh has returned as he looked very impressive in his previous short stint here. Hopefully he will be here for the long haul now though as we’ve desperately needed a proper left back for a while, so in that sense our squad is sorted just in time for the new season, while it’s bursting with excitement and quality as well. Not only is Josh a great footballer though, but having listened to his refreshing interview on The Seals Podcast he’s such a breath of fresh air off the field too, thus this is exactly the type of culture we must continue to maintain. I’m really looking forward to watching Josh in person rather than on a live stream this season, so hopefully he’ll settle well and really kick on here. Welcome back to Chester FC Josh 🔵⚪️🔵⚪️!

This post has been edited by Rio Doherty: Aug 20 2021, 12:11 AM

--------------------
Once A Blue, Always A Blue
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th November 2021 - 02:07 AM