Total Votes: 1
Guests cannot vote 
Rio Doherty
post Aug 7 2021, 10:35 AM
Post #1

Rio Doherty

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 12774

Our lengthy pre-season campaign finally comes to an end today as we make the trip to South Cheshire to play Nantwich Town away in our last pre-season friendly of the season and our last away pre-season friendly of the season where we look to make it three wins in a row. Although our one division advantage sees us as favourites for this clash, it will still be our toughest away match of pre-season as Nantwich have been putting together a strong team for the last few seasons, while they have always been difficult opponents to play against over the years. Having attended every match thus far, unfortunately I canโ€™t make this one as I am currently on holiday in Torquay until Thursday, although to make up for it I will be heading off to Plainmoor later on to watch Torquay United entertain Chippenham Town. Iโ€™m not too bothered about missing Nantwich as I visited the Optimum Pay Stadium for our Cheshire Senior Cup tie there in 2019, but I will still be cheering us on from South Devon.

Our last match was on Wednesday night as we drew 0-0 at home against Bolton Wanderers XI in what was another very pleasing showing. The first half was dominated by The Trotters in possession, but whenever we received the ball we were entertaining to watch as on both flanks we were lively, while in defence we were excellent to fend off any pressure. During the half we went ever so close to finding the lead, as Anthony Dudley somehow hit the post when clean through on goal. Therefore, we headed into the half time interval with the score still goalless, which was testament to our courageous defending. Meanwhile, our showing in the second period was even better as we created even more chances and were much more confident and comfortable on the ball. Unfortunately we couldnโ€™t convert any of those opportunities into goals, but a goalless draw against a Sky Bet League One side consisting of a few first teamers is a credible result.

Nantwich Town play just one league below us in the Pitching In Northern Premier League Premier Division where our fellow Cheshire counterparts will look to finally secure promotion to the Vanarama National League North this season. The Dabbers have gone so close on many occasions in recent years, and last campaign they were unlucky again due to their season being ended early due to Covid. Although Nantwich were sat in 15th by the time their campaign was brought to an early close, they had played far fewer games than everybody else and had one lost one of their six encounters, thus they are more likely to be in that play-off picture again this time out rather than being in a false position like last season.

We have done the right thing this year in allowing us to have a full week to prepare for the new season following our last friendly, so given our pre-season schedule has been far larger than other clubs (the equivalent to 1/4 of a league season), hopefully after today our lads can rest up and prepare cautiously for Curzon Ashton. For those who are going today enjoy the game, as it should be an interesting and competitive encounter against a Nantwich Town outfit who are no pushovers. Up The Seals!

๐™Ž๐™˜๐™ค๐™ง๐™š - Nantwich Town (Saunders) 1-2 Chester FC (Williams, Glendon)

๐˜ผ๐™ฉ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ฃ๐™™๐™–๐™ฃ๐™˜๐™š - 313 (84 Chester FC)

๐™ˆ๐™ฎ ๐™ฅ๐™ง๐™š๐™™๐™ž๐™˜๐™ฉ๐™š๐™™ ๐™ก๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™š๐™ช๐™ฅ:
Gray
Roberts Livesey Williams Cowan
Hardy Weeks Glendon Johnston
Dudley Stephenson

๐™๐™ž๐™˜๐™ ๐™š๐™ฉ๐™จ - tickets for this clash are available online by clicking on the link below ๐Ÿ‘‡:
nantwichtownfc.ktckts.com/event/nanpsfcfc08/pre-season-friendly-chester-fc

Also, tickets are available to purchase on the gate too, which are as follows:
Adult - ยฃ8.00
Concessions (Over-60โ€™s and Students) - ยฃ6.00
Junior (Under-16โ€™s) - ยฃ3.00

๐™‡๐™ž๐™ซ๐™š ๐™˜๐™ค๐™ข๐™ข๐™š๐™ฃ๐™ฉ๐™–๐™ง๐™ฎ - for those who canโ€™t attend todayโ€™s game, you can listen to the match on Seals Live for free from 12:55 by clicking on the link below ๐Ÿ‘‡:
mixlr.com/chesterfc/

COYS!

--------------------
Once A Blue, Always A Blue
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rio Doherty
post Aug 7 2021, 04:42 PM
Post #2

Rio Doherty

Couldnโ€™t make this one so I canโ€™t really judge on how we performed, but before people read into this result two seasons ago we lost at Colne and got hammered at FC United Of Manchester yet in the end we were just two matches away from securing promotion, so a bit of perspective is needed. A shame we lost but on the whole we have still had an extremely encouraging pre-season, so itโ€™s important we now move away from today and prepare ourselves in the best possible way for next Saturday. Iโ€™m delighted to hear the reports about Josh Askew featuring again though, because he shown lots of promising signs in his short stint previously, so Iโ€™d be thrilled if we can sort a deal out for him as we still havenโ€™t really got a recognisable left back in place yet.

On the other hand, I spent my afternoon at Plainmoor to watch Torquay United beat Chippenham Town 3-0 in another pre-season friendly. The first half was very scrappy with a persistent wind, resulting in a head tennis contest, although The Gulls were very unlucky to not be in front considering they struck the crossbar twice. Torquayโ€™s dominance paid off in the end though, as they bagged three second half goals to deservedly win against a Chippenham outfit who were woeful in defence. Iโ€™ll be back at Plainmoor on Tuesday night to watch Torquay entertain AFC Bournemouth Under-23โ€™s, before I travel back home on Thursday just in time for the big kick-off.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rio Doherty
post Aug 10 2021, 02:05 PM
Post #3

Rio Doherty

My match vlog from Saturdayโ€™s game between Torquay United and Chippenham Town:
https://youtu.be/Gg-cI-lalmI

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rio Doherty
post Aug 17 2021, 04:24 PM
Post #4

Rio Doherty

Last Tuesday night I went to Plainmoor again to watch Torquay United beat AFC Bournemouth Under-23โ€™s 4-0 in a pre-season friendly, as at the time I was still on my week-long holiday in Torbay. It was a really entertaining match of football because even though The Gulls battered The Cherries in the end, the youthful Bournemouth side played some impressive stuff with the scoreline being a tad harsh on them. Here is my match vlog of the game:
https://youtu.be/O9wXsxsPMxc
Hope you enjoy it, while also last Tuesday I passed all of my A-Levels which means I will be off to study Sports Journalism at the University Of Chester from September. Thank you to everybody who reads all of my reports and watches my videos as it means a lot to me, while thankfully all of my hard work in producing content such as that is now paying off.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th November 2021 - 02:44 AM