Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Burr sort it out,ur avin a Laff!!!!!
weluvcity
post Jan 9 2016, 05:05 PM
Post #1

1st team sub

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 380

He couldn't sort out a pack of smarties,time to go....I,ve been following the blues sine 1978'and this seasons dross is the worst I,be ever seen,utter rubbish,why don't you sign players from the Sunday league ffs,cos they might be better then the dross we have at the moment,so that tells ya the standard we have in this side at the moment...utter utter DROSS!!!!!!!!!!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
nicksonmatt
post Jan 9 2016, 05:25 PM
Post #2

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 1289

I wasn't at the game so find it hard to comment on the performance. The only thing for me is that we have a massive shout for a penalty turned down on half time which should have resulted in their keeper being sent off according to reports.

Feels like we are just not getting that bit of luck at the moment but I've every confidence in the manager, coaching staff turning it around.

Hopefully a distraction next week with two home cup games against lower league opposition. Hopefully this will provide us with two wins and some much needed confidence.

--------------------
Chester F.C established 21st May 2010.

+Quote Post
Harry Lime
post Jan 9 2016, 09:59 PM
Post #3

1st team regular

Member No.: 4989

QUOTE (nicksonmatt @ Jan 9 2016, 06:25 PM) *
I wasn't at the game so find it hard to comment on the performance. The only thing for me is that we have a massive shout for a penalty turned down on half time which should have resulted in their keeper being sent off according to reports.

Feels like we are just not getting that bit of luck at the moment but I've every confidence in the manager, coaching staff turning it around.

Hopefully a distraction next week with two home cup games against lower league opposition. Hopefully this will provide us with two wins and some much needed confidence.

Don't share your confidence.

I've thought for a few weeks that SB has no real idea how to turn it around. His only plan seems to be bringing in more young loanees, hoping one clicks.
Wouldn't have thought putting a load of kids into a struggling team in this league is the way to go.

I believe SB has lost the ability to get the best out of his unbalanced squad.

Ask yourself how many players has SB actually improved during his time here.
Ask yourself how many players appear to have regressed during their time here.
Surely that is a good way to judge a manager and coach.

+Quote Post
C Block Ultra
post Jan 9 2016, 10:10 PM
Post #4

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 164

QUOTE (weluvcity @ Jan 9 2016, 05:05 PM) *
He couldn't sort out a pack of smarties,time to go....I,ve been following the blues sine 1978'and this seasons dross is the worst I,be ever seen,utter rubbish,why don't you sign players from the Sunday league ffs,cos they might be better then the dross we have at the moment,so that tells ya the standard we have in this side at the moment...utter utter DROSS!!!!!!!!!!!

Worst you've ever seen... Were you in hibernation during the Mike Pejic and T***y S***h management spells ???

--------------------
C BLOCK.... IT'S LOUDER THAN WAR !!!!!

+Quote Post
mused
post Jan 9 2016, 10:12 PM
Post #5

1st team captain

Member No.: 1634

QUOTE (C Block Ultra @ Jan 9 2016, 10:10 PM) *

Worst you've ever seen... Were you in hibernation during the Mike Pejic and T***y S***h management spells ???

The bankrupt SV team was turd too!

--------------------
If I had the wings of a sparrow. If I had the a**e of a crow. I'd fly over Wr**h*m tomorrow and s**t on the bastards below, below!

+Quote Post
Tricky Ricky
post Jan 9 2016, 10:24 PM
Post #6

1st team sub

Member No.: 2191

QUOTE (Harry Lime @ Jan 9 2016, 10:59 PM) *
QUOTE (nicksonmatt @ Jan 9 2016, 06:25 PM) *

Don't share your confidence.

I've thought for a few weeks that SB has no real idea how to turn it around. His only plan seems to be bringing in more young loanees, hoping one clicks.
Wouldn't have thought putting a load of kids into a struggling team in this league is the way to go.

I believe SB has lost the ability to get the best out of his unbalanced squad.

Ask yourself how many players has SB actually improved during his time here.
Ask yourself how many players appear to have regressed during their time here.
Surely that is a good way to judge a manager and coach.

Was going to post something similar to this, think you've hit the nail on the head, think sadly, he's the wrong manager for our level of budget. Give him a decent budget and he would be able to get a decent enough midfield and attack to paper over a leaky defence.
As you rightly say, how many players has he brought in that have impressed? Heneghan and Hannah that's about it. We were lucky last season to have Matty Hughes and McBurnie on loan for as long as we did.
I have only managed to get to 3 games this season. Bromley (A) Lost 3-0, Altrincham in the F.A. Cup, Lost 1-0, and Macc at home Lost 2-0. In all these games I came away not knowing what our tactics were meant to be. No fighting spirit from the players, no passion from the touchline. I was confused, the players must be confused, the manager seems confused as well.
Look at Halifax, Southport, what's their budget, now making a fist of it and dragging us into a relegation battle.

--------------------
John Squire....Axe legend!

+Quote Post
rimmersring
post Jan 10 2016, 12:00 AM
Post #7

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 10799

we are getting very near free fall, all the signs are there, poor team, poor manager, lack luster play, disharmony, little effort, no money and no confidence...and a board that's floundering on the rocks..... huh.gif the next three games are going to be crucial.......

+Quote Post
1midfield genera...
post Jan 10 2016, 12:19 AM
Post #8

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 8334

There is no doubt there are some distinctly average players, in the squad.
However, we should have enough quality, in there not to get dragged, into a relegation battle.
If certain players are unsettled, then move them on.
There is little doubt that most players, this season, have underperformed.
In our position, now, the main priority, is to tighten, the defence, pack the midfield and make sure that we don't get beat
Organisationally we need to improve., it is not 'rocket science'.
We are desperately, lacking an 'old' head, in the midfield, to do just that! (Organise and lead, the team).

+Quote Post
iandyChesterCity
post Jan 10 2016, 06:12 AM
Post #9

A balanced view.
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 1562

You simply cannot keep blaming the players, this is a better squad than last season, under performing due to constant formation changes and baffling tactics from management. I will accept the odd few have struggled for form at times but at any club the responsibility is with the manager go pick a team and set them up to play to their maximum

--------------------
Defender of the people...

+Quote Post
MOC
post Jan 10 2016, 08:15 AM
Post #10

Deva Chat Predict-a-Score champion 2015-16

Member No.: 13

QUOTE (rimmersring @ Jan 10 2016, 01:00 AM) *
we are getting very near free fall, all the signs are there, poor team, poor manager, lack luster play, disharmony, little effort, no money and no confidence...and a board that's floundering on the rocks..... huh.gif the next three games are going to be crucial.......

At least you can't whinge about us being stuck in mid-table mediocrity anymore...

+Quote Post
Billy W
post Jan 10 2016, 08:29 AM
Post #11

1st team captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 2156

Burr is the best manager in the league - look at his record with us.

First season - we get relegated (ok he was only with us half a season) and lucky to be reinstated
Last season - struck lucky with loans of Hughes and McBurnie otherwise would have been relegation candidates
This season - loans not worked out for him and definitely relegation candidates.

Yep, best manager in the league.

+Quote Post
Billy W
post Jan 10 2016, 08:31 AM
Post #12

1st team captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 2156

QUOTE (iandyChesterCity @ Jan 10 2016, 06:12 AM) *
You simply cannot keep blaming the players, this is a better squad than last season, under performing due to constant formation changes and baffling tactics from management. I will accept the odd few have struggled for form at times but at any club the responsibility is with the manager go pick a team and set them up to play to their maximum

Spot on.

+Quote Post
DT on the Wing
post Jan 10 2016, 08:50 AM
Post #13

YTS Trainee

Member No.: 7367

Money is so precious, I think as fans owned we have every right to question the manager to make sure we achieve value for money. I hope the board representing us are doing this.

To be fair to Burr he made a significant sum for the coffers last year, so must be keeping in line with the budget. I do have 3 main critism of Burr

1. Tactics look outdated and completely lost the passing style this year as well.
2. Inability to motivate players for 2 halves, if we play well it's only over 45 minutes
3. Failure to develop younger players, Thomson, Richards, Peers etc. Henneghan is already a class above our level and both Higgins and Mahon are struggling this year.

Only opinion but feels like Burr is having an easy ride given his contract, we just can't afford to sack him. Should another club come for him, may be best for all to let him go.

Braintree and Macc prove that a good management team will deliver, frustrating thing for me, fans are there but apathy has shaved 500 per game off the gate, if somehow we turned it around on the pitch the catch 22 around money and playing budget would happen.

A very disappointing season and the trapdoor is looming for us!

+Quote Post
waggoner
post Jan 10 2016, 09:15 AM
Post #14

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 3538

I watched the Eastleigh v Bolton highlights yesterday. Saw the ideal man to get us the goals. A fan ran the length of the pitch to get into a goal scoring position, had a tap in if they have passed it to him. I think he is a sunday league player, mayby we should sign him? rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
iandyChesterCity
post Jan 10 2016, 09:39 AM
Post #15

A balanced view.
Group Icon

QUOTE (DT on the Wing @ Jan 10 2016, 08:50 AM) *
Money is so precious, I think as fans owned we have every right to question the manager to make sure we achieve value for money. I hope the board representing us are doing this.

To be fair to Burr he made a significant sum for the coffers last year, so must be keeping in line with the budget. I do have 3 main critism of Burr

1. Tactics look outdated and completely lost the passing style this year as well.
2. Inability to motivate players for 2 halves, if we play well it's only over 45 minutes
3. Failure to develop younger players, Thomson, Richards, Peers etc. Henneghan is already a class above our level and both Higgins and Mahon are struggling this year.

Only opinion but feels like Burr is having an easy ride given his contract, we just can't afford to sack him. Should another club come for him, may be best for all to let him go.

Braintree and Macc prove that a good management team will deliver, frustrating thing for me, fans are there but apathy has shaved 500 per game off the gate, if somehow we turned it around on the pitch the catch 22 around money and playing budget would happen.

Attendances are another thing entirely. People blamed mid table mediocrity for the fall in attendances, now we're in a relegation battle they should go up given previous KJB arguments. They won't, because the race to the conf prem has destroyed any chance of real growth or community asset.

--------------------

+Quote Post
iandyChesterCity
post Jan 10 2016, 09:57 AM
Post #16

A balanced view.
Group Icon

QUOTE (Billy W @ Jan 10 2016, 08:31 AM) *

Spot on.

Worsnop

Higgins
Heneghan
(Kay) Sharps /Astles
Hunt

Mahon
Rooney / Burnley lad / Shaw when arsed
George
Lloyd

Hattersley
Hannah

Sorry but this team is easily good enough to compete if well drilled and motivated. Lloyd and Mahin will give creativity from the wings, Hannah will get you goals assisted by Hats and George will naturally sit which means you don't need 3 central midfielders. Just play 4-4-2, balanced creative and as long as you drill the team right it can be tight at the back.

It will at least be a team you can get behind.

--------------------

+Quote Post
waggoner
post Jan 10 2016, 10:10 AM
Post #17

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 3538

QUOTE (iandyChesterCity @ Jan 10 2016, 09:39 AM) *
QUOTE (DT on the Wing @ Jan 10 2016, 08:50 AM) *

Attendances are another thing entirely. People blamed mid table mediocrity for the fall in attendances, now we're in a relegation battle they should go up given previous KJB arguments. They won't, because the race to the conf prem has destroyed any chance of real growth or community asset.

In my opinion.The total unwillingness of the board/CFU. To listen to common sense is to blame for falling attendances and little community interest.
We keep suggesting on here various things to improve crowds and community awareness, but very little gets done. We need a CFU message board
or forum (mainly because the CFU see D/C as a hostile entity).
Maybe some sort of regular feedback from the board would help?. We could of course all turn up at CFU meetings (which we don't). It is a fact that
attendances at the said CFU meetings is poor to say the least. As a result of this of course, the information appears on here 2nd or 3rd hand.
Yes i know that the CFU do publish the minutes of meetings, but these only show some of what was said and not all of it.
If we had a CFU forum EVERYONE who is a CFU member could see what was said/done, and would deffo show more clarity and lead to less chinese
whispers. I look forward to the CFU forum starting around 2022 with interest rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
russ45
post Jan 10 2016, 10:21 AM
Post #18

groundsman

Member No.: 3617

QUOTE (Billy W @ Jan 10 2016, 08:31 AM) *

Spot on.

You couldn't have put it better, the only game Ive seen this year where we looked like a good side was Halifax away, since then we have nose dived(cant comment on the wxm game as I wasnt there) and the comment the other day posted on here sums it up for me, I wont be back until things change.

--------------------
When I watch you Chester, I go off my head....I just cant get enough, I just cant get enough...

+Quote Post
Yin
post Jan 10 2016, 10:27 AM
Post #19

Squad player

Member No.: 10837

Out of interest,does anyone know if Sam Hughes is still out on loan ?.

+Quote Post
Astro
post Jan 10 2016, 10:37 AM
Post #20

Youth team

Member No.: 11580

I've seen much worse.

A problem is the general improvement of the squad hasn't moved on in the last 18months, instead of more quality we've had a bigger squad of more distinctly average players.

We're now taking gambles on players like Astles, also see Wayne Reily, gambles we can't afford to takes.

+Quote Post
Arrogant Blue
post Jan 10 2016, 10:42 AM
Post #21

3 in a row

Member No.: 133

The best investment this club could make is a "settlement agreement" for Burr so he can spend his Saturday afternoons in Tessuti exchanging fashion tips with Gary "sexy hair" Mills. Hopefully this would see the same effect that has taken place at Halifax and Southport.

Rumours going around though that Kidderminster want Burr back. Please be true!

--------------------
One love, we don't need another love. One love, one heart and one soul. We can have it all, easy, peasy, ooh ho ho!

+Quote Post
MPW
post Jan 10 2016, 11:16 AM
Post #22

1st team captain

Member No.: 1056

QUOTE (Yin @ Jan 10 2016, 10:27 AM) *
Out of interest,does anyone know if Sam Hughes is still out on loan ?.

He's back I think

+Quote Post
Dee Dan
post Jan 10 2016, 11:52 AM
Post #23

Debut

Member No.: 11657

I've defend SB to the hilt until very recently as I thought we were lucky to land him when Youngy left...I'm now starting to think it's not a good fit and if we're in a relegation battle I'm not confident he'll pull us out of it!

Can see him managing a club much higher up the league though.

+Quote Post
Gizmo's Dad
post Jan 10 2016, 12:42 PM
Post #24

1st team legend

Member No.: 2738

QUOTE (nicksonmatt @ Jan 9 2016, 05:25 PM) *

According to Dee the ref bottled a crucial decision which could have well resulted in a sending off and a penalty, weve been given red cards and pens against us for similar offences this season! Is it luck or bad refereeing, hopefully we can progress in the trophy and get a bit more cash, I still believe SB will keep us safe but beyond this season only time will tell how we move forward!

--------------------
Saint Milner's Day. 14/02/1995

'WE'VE GOT OUR CLUB BACK' AND WE ARE NOT LETTING IT GO!

+Quote Post
AGL
post Jan 10 2016, 02:34 PM
Post #25

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 2356

QUOTE (Dee Dan @ Jan 10 2016, 11:52 AM) *
I've defend SB to the hilt until very recently as I thought we were lucky to land him when Youngy left...I'm now starting to think it's not a good fit and if we're in a relegation battle I'm not confident he'll pull us out of it!

Can see him managing a club much higher up the league though.

Youngy may well be back on the market soon. Stockport lost to Telford yesterday and are adrift of the play offs.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th December 2019 - 09:37 PM