Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Time to get rid of Bignot
Che Guevara
post Jan 14 2018, 11:41 AM
Post #1

Castra Devana

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 1198

Never thought id say this, but with the dire threat of relegation looming, and a short contract to pay off, id be tempted to release Bignot and get a short term replacement with one task - to keep us up.
You can tell Bignot has lost the plot in his interview, I cannot accept that level of negativity off a paid employee, God know what he must be like away from the camera.

Relegation for this club would be a disaster, and one we would struggle to recover from. Time for the board to be decisive.

This post has been edited by Che Guevara: Jan 14 2018, 11:45 AM

--------------------
Neil Young: You WERE the caretaker here.

Harry McNally: I'm sorry to differ with you sir, but YOU are the caretaker. You've always been the caretaker. I should know Sir - I've always been here.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Spider Mellor Sc...
post Jan 14 2018, 01:18 PM
Post #2

1st team sub

Member No.: 11096

QUOTE (Che Guevara @ Jan 14 2018, 11:41 AM) *
Never thought id say this, but with the dire threat of relegation looming, and a short contract to pay off, id be tempted to release Bignot and get a short term replacement with one task - to keep us up.
You can tell Bignot has lost the plot in his interview, I cannot accept that level of negativity off a paid employee, God know what he must be like away from the camera.

Relegation for this club would be a disaster, and one we would struggle to recover from. Time for the board to be decisive.

On another thread you say you have not been to a game this season. So you want the board to spend money they probably do not have by sacking the manager when you have not paid once to see the club ?

+Quote Post
Churton Blue
post Jan 14 2018, 02:15 PM
Post #3

Squad player

Member No.: 4879

Not convinced by Bignot as a manager yet but he has been in charge for 17 league matches and inherited a terrible unbalanced squad.

Nine away games have yielded 1 win 6 draws and 2 defeats.

Eight home games have produced 3 wins and 5 defeats.

If, and I think it is a big if, we beat Gateshead and Hartlepool next week we will have averaged a point a game away and a point and a half at home under Bignot.

Over a season that would be 69 points from 46 games. Would that be poor enough form to get a manager the sack ? Time will tell I suppose.

+Quote Post
Che Guevara
post Jan 14 2018, 04:50 PM
Post #4

Castra Devana

QUOTE (Spider Mellor Scores @ Jan 14 2018, 01:18 PM) *

On another thread you say you have not been to a game this season. So you want the board to spend money they probably do not have by sacking the manager when you have not paid once to see the club ?

The cost of relegation would far out way the cost of paying up the remainder of his short term contract. Its not the results per se, rather the acceptance by him we are doomed, where's his inspirational leadership that is required for any manager to succeed ?

As for my attendance, been going since the late 80s, but of late I Just cant be bothered with the dreadful atmosphere, crap football and general negativity around the club. I have found other things to do, and whilst I still look at for our results, I think my days of attendance are in the past. I doubt I'm alone in that !

This post has been edited by Che Guevara: Jan 14 2018, 04:55 PM

--------------------

Harry McNally: I'm sorry to differ with you sir, but YOU are the caretaker. You've always been the caretaker. I should know Sir - I've always been here.

+Quote Post
Spider Mellor Sc...
post Jan 14 2018, 06:02 PM
Post #5

1st team sub

Member No.: 11096

QUOTE (Che Guevara @ Jan 14 2018, 04:50 PM) *

The cost of relegation would far out way the cost of paying up the remainder of his short term contract. Its not the results per se, rather the acceptance by him we are doomed, where's his inspirational leadership that is required for any manager to succeed ?

As for my attendance, been going since the late 80s, but of late I Just cant be bothered with the dreadful atmosphere, crap football and general negativity around the club. I have found other things to do, and whilst I still look at for our results, I think my days of attendance are in the past. I doubt I'm alone in that !

I think the club would be crazy to sack Bignot. I pay to go to every match and might stop going for the remainder of the season in disgust, but will be back next season.You have no intention of going whatever the club does this or any other season. Why should the club take any notice of your opinion ?

+Quote Post
Che Guevara
post Jan 14 2018, 06:18 PM
Post #6

Castra Devana

QUOTE (Spider Mellor Scores @ Jan 14 2018, 06:02 PM) *

I think the club would be crazy to sack Bignot. I pay to go to every match and might stop going for the remainder of the season in disgust, but will be back next season.You have no intention of going whatever the club does this or any other season. Why should the club take any notice of your opinion ?

Jeez, wind your neck in, who said the club should listen ?, is this not a forum of debate ? Can people not have an opinion ? I'm a former season ticket holder, I'm a CFU member and have gone to the majority of games since 1989, but just decided to move on. I was merely stating my opinion that Bignot lacks the leadership qualities required, he'll be gone at the end of the season anyway.

This post has been edited by Che Guevara: Jan 14 2018, 06:23 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gizmo's Dad
post Jan 20 2018, 06:38 PM
Post #7

1st team legend

Member No.: 2738

QUOTE (Che Guevara @ Jan 14 2018, 05:50 PM) *

Well said! I’m in that mind set myself I’ve only been once, my son has season ticket and he can’t be arsed either, but the early games I missed was due to a close familybereavement but I can’t see any entertainment in this team! There’s no looking forward to games anymore, it’s just doom and gloom we need a leader who can kick some a**e and make certain players earn our money!!

--------------------
Saint Milner's Day. 14/02/1995

'WE'VE GOT OUR CLUB BACK' AND WE ARE NOT LETTING IT GO!

+Quote Post
Fathead The Glad...
post Jan 20 2018, 08:06 PM
Post #8

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 1749

Bignot is all talk I'm afraid, he has not pulled the club around at all from the same trajectory it was on with JMc. Why did we select him in the first place? A fresh face is required, otherwise the club will forever be accused of being Ok with relegation.

--------------------
North Wales Chester FC Supporters Group

+Quote Post
3mm
post Jan 20 2018, 08:46 PM
Post #9

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 91

When Marcus got the job, first thing he said was "it's all about results", and he's not getting them. Today's line-up and formation didn't look convincing from the off. James wide and Shepherd in the middle for example, why didn't we switch them, they both looked out of position. And taking the new lad off at half-time, what's that going to do to his confidence?

If he stays he has to do what he said he had to do, otherwise, what's the point?

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!

+Quote Post
chester2004
post Jan 20 2018, 09:15 PM
Post #10

Youth team

Member No.: 12773

Whooper was right all alone Bignot is worse off then McCarthy he's clueless same crap each week

+Quote Post
Gizmo's Dad
post Jan 21 2018, 12:50 AM
Post #11

1st team legend

Member No.: 2738

Change is needed we all agree I’m sure, get someone like Graham Barrow! crowds will swell, if we do! a big decision is needed urgently!!!

--------------------
Saint Milner's Day. 14/02/1995

'WE'VE GOT OUR CLUB BACK' AND WE ARE NOT LETTING IT GO!

+Quote Post
JamesDee
post Jan 21 2018, 08:25 AM
Post #12

JamesDee

Member No.: 3729

QUOTE (Gizmo's Dad @ Jan 21 2018, 11:20 AM) *
Change is needed we all agree I’m sure, get someone like Graham Barrow! crowds will swell, if we do! a big decision is needed urgently!!!

Not with McCarthy's legacy. Changing the manager doesn't necessarily change the players and their approach to the game as we have seen with the appointment of a McCarthy replacement. Bignot is/was/still is stuck with McCarthy's lot whoever Bignot may obtain on loan. Solve the player's attitude and capability problem first - if that is even possible - such is the McCarthy legacy on the club and the lack of action by the then Board members who should have sacked him before the lsst summer's season and he brought in his choices of new players. There is no quick fix for this kind of problem.

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Jan 21 2018, 11:32 AM
Post #13

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Member No.: 8970

QUOTE (JamesDee @ Jan 21 2018, 08:25 AM) *

Not with McCarthy's legacy. Changing the manager doesn't necessarily change the players and their approach to the game as we have seen with the appointment of a McCarthy replacement. Bignot is/was/still is stuck with McCarthy's lot whoever Bignot may obtain on loan. Solve the player's attitude and capability problem first - if that is even possible - such is the McCarthy legacy on the club and the lack of action by the then Board members who should have sacked him before the lsst summer's season and he brought in his choices of new players. There is no quick fix for this kind of problem.

Sorry JD Have to disagree, if changing the manager doesn't change the players approach then why did we get rid of Macca ? I don't buy this " its maccas team" nonsense, Sorry Marcus but you aint doing it for me mate, you talk the talk but cant walk the walk I'm afraid, I've heard ducks fart but you are by far the biggest Duck we have ever had

+Quote Post
whopper3
post Jan 21 2018, 01:34 PM
Post #14

Youth team

Member No.: 12909

On the fascist deva-chat thread I said at the start Bignot should not get the job.

I repeated this a few times and BIG SI the bully boy banned me.

I have been proven right.

Bignot is a bulls**tting clown. Maguire should be sacked. he has form at killing clubs. eg Stockport.

we are going down.

It didn't have to be this way.

+Quote Post
3mm
post Jan 22 2018, 12:28 AM
Post #15

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Sooo, lots of rumours in Chester pubs tonight. I won’t repeat them, but will just say that whatever happens, should anything happen, or even if nothing happens, it’s makes you realise it’s us, the supporters and season ticket holders who are ultimately the most important people at the club. We’re here for the long haul.

--------------------

+Quote Post
JamesDee
post Jan 22 2018, 12:40 AM
Post #16

JamesDee

QUOTE (EltonblueS @ Jan 21 2018, 10:02 PM) *

Sorry JD Have to disagree, if changing the manager doesn't change the players approach then why did we get rid of Macca ? I don't buy this " its maccas team" nonsense, Sorry Marcus but you aint doing it for me mate, you talk the talk but cant walk the walk I'm afraid, I've heard ducks fart but you are by far the biggest Duck we have ever had

The Board eventually got rid of McCarthy because they realized far too late that he was useless. Have you forgotten that it was Sharpe who got him those wins that secured life in the Conference National League and his continuation after Burr was sacked? To continue with McCarthy after his new team selections during the past summer would be certain relegation but his player selections live on and are incapable of playing the football we require under whoever was appointed after McCarthy. Apart from Whopper very few rejected Bignot's appointment. There was / is no spare funds in the kitty to build a team this season after McCarthy had spent all of what was available. And the situation just gets worse with falling gates on falling gates and with losses in the FA Cup and FA Trophy that could have been used as levers of encouragement with extra payouts to players if we had won in games but even that possibility was lost. There are no carrots left to be held out a encouragement and those players who remain are hardly Cestrians who could play with pride for the shirt. Relegation now looms large after the delayed decision-making on McCsrthy by the then Board before last summer. Bignot took on a very difficult situation as would anyone who was appointed manager of the lot he took over from McCsrthy.

+Quote Post
nytram
post Jan 22 2018, 03:00 PM
Post #17

Youth team

Member No.: 3415

Surely the manager and his assistants can see what abysmal decisions the players are making on the pitch. On Saturday no Chester player tried to turn and run with the ball to put the opposition on the back foot. We kept on passing back or huffing the ball up this style of play always puts the opposition on the front foot and ready to attack us. Second half two subs were made mahon and Crawford coming on. These two players made a huge difference both looked to go forward mahon turning players and Crawford with lots of forward passes. Now I don't think that anybody in management told them to do this it was the players themselves. Mahon because that is the only way he plays and Crawford because that is what he has been taught in the academy. On Tuesday if those two players are not in the team at the start it is the team management who fail to see how to get opposing teams to panic when we have the ball. At the moment everyone knows we are not creative and attack us at every opportunity. I wonder what input calum has in the teams style of play. As he is responsible for the youngsters coming in to the team surely his philosophy should accord with the first team. At the moment I don't know whether there is that communication. We need to get players to turn and attack and the rest of the team to go forward as soon as we get the ball. Afterall that's how opposing teams play. So let's get the great football song back on Tuesday. Attack attack attack attack attack.

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Jan 22 2018, 05:26 PM
Post #18

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

QUOTE (3mm @ Jan 22 2018, 12:28 AM) *
Sooo, lots of rumours in Chester pubs tonight. I won’t repeat them, but will just say that whatever happens, should anything happen, or even if nothing happens, it’s makes you realise it’s us, the supporters and season ticket holders who are ultimately the most important people at the club. We’re here for the long haul.

think the rumour is that we are skint, what we are prepared to do about it may be the problem, will be an eventful meeting on Thursday that's for sure

+Quote Post
Bambi_CCFC
post Jan 22 2018, 09:03 PM
Post #19

The MIGHTY MIGHTY Chester....

Member No.: 1490

QUOTE (EltonblueS @ Jan 22 2018, 05:26 PM) *
QUOTE (3mm @ Jan 22 2018, 12:28 AM) *

think the rumour is that we are skint, what we are prepared to do about it may be the problem, will be an eventful meeting on Thursday that's for sure

All this heresay flying about is more evidence that the board is totally failing at a supposedly key aspect of a fan owned club - communication. As owners we've a right to be kept fully informed of the goings on. I know we have this meeting on Thurs but it appears our financial plight is not a recent development and we should have been informed at the earliest opportunity.

Theyre not balancing the books, the McCarthy situation was a fiasco and they don't communicate anywhere near enough. What good are they doing?

This post has been edited by Bambi_CCFC: Jan 22 2018, 09:04 PM

--------------------
Northern Premier League Division One North Champions 2010/11

Northern Premier League Premier Division Champions 2011/12

Conference North Champions 2012/13

Supporters Direct Cup: Winners 2011
Peter Swailes Shield: Winners 2012
Cheshire Senior Cup: Winners 2013

+Quote Post
Lobster
post Jan 23 2018, 08:15 AM
Post #20

Just one fool among the shower
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 203

QUOTE (EltonblueS @ Jan 21 2018, 11:32 AM) *

How is that nonsense? Macca spent the largest budget the club has had to date and assembled a poor, lopsided team. Bignot is now stuck with these players and has very little to work with in order to change it.

McCarthy's summer dealings were absolutely disastrous, and included:

- Taking our best midfielder all but out of the squad and turning him into a rookie assistant manager. This player has now had to leave the club because his salary is swelled by a managerial role he's no longer doing
- Handing out two-year contracts to players who aren't good enough and are treating the place like a retirement how
- Extended the contracts of players with a track record of poor performance. How Chapell can still be on our books for a third season I do not know. Liam Davies is another very good example - didn't look up to the standard last season, but was given a six-month extension, quickly turned into a 12-month one. On what basis? He's recently been looked out to Leek Town, a full three levels below us. They hardly played him and sent him back after a month.
- Signing no wingers. For all the talk of McCarthy's meticulous preparation and research, did it escape his attention that we've got one of the biggest and widest pitches in the whole country?

Perhaps even more damaging than this is the "we've done enough" mentality he established. This is why the players are unfit, why they show little hunger to follow up one good performance with another, and why they can't get out of a cycle of losing and conceding soft goals right at the end of halves.

Now, Bignot isn't blameless and is clearly struggling, but surely any assessment of him needs to be quantified by considering the mess he's inherited? It's all but pointless to blame him for the situation, and to advocate sacking him and depleting resources further when we're still going to go down anyway, it doesn't make sense to me.

+Quote Post
Derry Blue
post Jan 23 2018, 08:25 AM
Post #21

I am Irish!

Member No.: 11668

QUOTE (Che Guevara @ Jan 14 2018, 06:18 PM) *

Jeez, wind your neck in, who said the club should listen ?, is this not a forum of debate ? Can people not have an opinion ? I'm a former season ticket holder, I'm a CFU member and have gone to the majority of games since 1989, but just decided to move on. I was merely stating my opinion that Bignot lacks the leadership qualities required, he'll be gone at the end of the season anyway.

Well said. Here we are again - you're not entitled to an opinion unless you fit their required image of what or is not a fan. Next they'll be querying whether you were a boycotter or not.

+Quote Post
JamesDee
post Jan 23 2018, 08:38 AM
Post #22

JamesDee

QUOTE (Lobster @ Jan 23 2018, 06:45 PM) *
QUOTE (EltonblueS @ Jan 21 2018, 11:32 AM) *

How is that nonsense? Macca spent the largest budget the club has had to date and assembled a poor, lopsided team. Bignot is now stuck with these players and has very little to work with in order to change it.

McCarthy's summer dealings were absolutely disastrous, and included:

- Taking our best midfielder all but out of the squad and turning him into a rookie assistant manager. This player has now had to leave the club because his salary is swelled by a managerial role he's no longer doing
- Handing out two-year contracts to players who aren't good enough and are treating the place like a retirement how
- Extended the contracts of players with a track record of poor performance. How Chapell can still be on our books for a third season I do not know. Liam Davies is another very good example - didn't look up to the standard last season, but was given a six-month extension, quickly turned into a 12-month one. On what basis? He's recently been looked out to Leek Town, a full three levels below us. They hardly played him and sent him back after a month.
- Signing no wingers. For all the talk of McCarthy's meticulous preparation and research, did it escape his attention that we've got one of the biggest and widest pitches in the whole country?

Perhaps even more damaging than this is the "we've done enough" mentality he established. This is why the players are unfit, why they show little hunger to follow up one good performance with another, and why they can't get out of a cycle of losing and conceding soft goals right at the end of halves.

Now, Bignot isn't blameless and is clearly struggling, but surely any assessment of him needs to be quantified by considering the mess he's inherited? It's all but pointless to blame him for the situation, and to advocate sacking him and depleting resources further when we're still going to go down anyway, it doesn't make sense to me.

Thank you Lobster for the detailed evidential support for the position I was taking. I agree fully with what you have written, especially that Bignot is not blameless BUT that his problem is mainly from what he inherited. Sacking him and making the problem even deeper will not solve the problems of THIS season. Let Bignot get us out of it IF HE CAN.

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Jan 23 2018, 10:36 AM
Post #23

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

QUOTE (Derry Blue @ Jan 23 2018, 08:25 AM) *
QUOTE (Che Guevara @ Jan 14 2018, 06:18 PM) *

Well said. Here we are again - you're not entitled to an opinion unless you fit their required image of what or is not a fan. Next they'll be querying whether you were a boycotter or not.

not sure what you mean, this forum like every other is about opinions which everyone is entitled to, just because they differ from yours doesn't mean we don't value or respect your opinion, in my case this is actually to the contrary, I often change my opinion once I have seen different views, at the moment my opinion is Marcus has not improved the club whatsoever, in time that may change, if he keeps us up by some miracle it will definitely change, but for me at this moment in time he's no better than what we had, which I agree with hindsight was very bad

+Quote Post
paulus103
post Jan 23 2018, 11:40 PM
Post #24

Youth team

Member No.: 11862

Who is out there that is better than Bignot?
And can we afford to replace him and hire somebody else given the low attendances?

+Quote Post
3mm
post Jan 26 2018, 12:46 PM
Post #25

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

QUOTE (paulus103 @ Jan 23 2018, 11:40 PM) *
Who is out there that is better than Bignot?
And can we afford to replace him and hire somebody else given the low attendances?

Q1. good discussion-in-the-pub question that guiness.gif
Q2. Nope. Replace him? We can barely afford to pay him by the sound of it.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2018 - 04:05 AM