AGL
post Jan 12 2018, 01:00 PM
Post #26

1st team stalwart

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 2356

QUOTE (Rookery Hill @ Jan 12 2018, 01:04 PM) *
Morning all,

1/ Programmes. .. Our club sec has told me someone has already ordered 30. .. I'll have a word and make sure someone is knocking programmes out in the Rocks Bar around 2 ish. .. Otherwise all I'd say is don't leave it to the last minute.

2/ Someone asked earlier if we do bingo, the answer is sadly no.

3/ Quite happy to answer the sugar daddy question. .. To my knowledge the club doesn't have one single backer, but do have two or three major sponsors, and a number of lower level people helping out.

4/. Sorry if I upset AGL, didn't realise you had supporters coming from all over.

Yeah we are a bit like United, we have glory hunters based all over the country.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rookery Hill
post Jan 12 2018, 01:21 PM
Post #27

Debut

Member No.: 12906

QUOTE (AGL @ Jan 12 2018, 01:00 PM) *
Morning all,

1/ Programmes. .. Our club sec has told me someone has already ordered 30. .. I'll have a word and make sure someone is knocking programmes out in the Rocks Bar around 2 ish. .. Otherwise all I'd say is don't leave it to the last minute.

3/ Quite happy to answer the sugar daddy question. .. To my knowledge the club doesn't have one single backer, but do have two or three major sponsors, and a number of lower level people helping out.

4/. Sorry if I upset AGL, didn't realise you had supporters coming from all over.

Yeah we are a bit like United, we have glory hunters based all over the country.

Yeah, but Mau U's come from all over the bleedin world !!!!

Hope to see a good game, weather forecast looks OK through tomorrow. ... Just hope the wind don't get too strong up the Thames estuary as it can spoil games.

+Quote Post
SueC
post Jan 12 2018, 03:55 PM
Post #28

Best DC Exiled Poster for 2007, 2008 & 2009
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 110

QUOTE (Rookery Hill @ Jan 12 2018, 01:21 PM) *
Morning all,

Hope to see a good game, weather forecast looks OK through tomorrow. ... Just hope the wind don't get too strong up the Thames estuary as it can spoil games.

Probably about half the Chester attendance at a game like this will be from our strong contingent of Chester Exiles - look out for our banner! I'll be coming up from Wimbledon, taking the Dartford Crossing route.

Oh yes, thanks for the heads-up on the programmes.

--------------------

+Quote Post
AGL
post Jan 12 2018, 04:34 PM
Post #29

1st team stalwart

QUOTE (Rookery Hill @ Jan 12 2018, 02:21 PM) *
Morning all,

Didn't worry about that - the team we have this season doesn't need wind to spoil a game.

+Quote Post
Rookery Hill
post Jan 12 2018, 07:23 PM
Post #30

Debut

Just had a heads up from the bar that they'll have complimentary hot bangers and spuds on the bar from 1-30 tomorrow.

Add that to live football on the TV's in the bar, and club price beer, it really would be rude not to eh.

+Quote Post
manchester blue
post Jan 13 2018, 09:38 AM
Post #31

Squad player

Member No.: 9815

QUOTE (Rookery Hill @ Jan 12 2018, 07:23 PM) *
Just had a heads up from the bar that they'll have complimentary hot bangers and spuds on the bar from 1-30 tomorrow.

Add that to live football on the TV's in the bar, and club price beer, it really would be rude not to eh.

that's great cityscarf.gif guiness.gif

ps we do have surpporters all over the world guiness.gif

+Quote Post
3mm
post Jan 13 2018, 10:47 AM
Post #32

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 91

QUOTE (manchester blue @ Jan 13 2018, 09:38 AM) *
ps we do have surpporters all over the world guiness.gif

We have sup port-ers, sup beer-ers, sup lager-ers, sup anything-ers really guiness.gif wink.gif

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!

+Quote Post
3mm
post Jan 13 2018, 10:59 AM
Post #33

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Member No.: 91

Wonder what team we'll have out today?

Whoever plays in defence, reckon they'll need to watch Tom Richardson who scored his first hat-trick when they beat Aldershot 4-0 in the last round. Having said that, he was sent off on 1st January in their game v Concord Rovers, so I wonder if he'll be playing today.

Presume Sam Higgins will lead their attack anyway as he's the club captain and been the top scorer for last two seasons, and 15 goals from 22 games (I think) this season.

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!

+Quote Post
archie thomas
post Jan 13 2018, 06:26 PM
Post #34

1st team captain
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 6230

all the best . good luck in the next rounds guiness.gif

--------------------
dances with wolfs
we whistled and we sang till the sealand end rang and we won the heart of the sealand end.

champions 2010-2011 champions 2011-12 champions 2012-13

high on a hill stood a lonely goat . higher up the hill stood a bloody big wolf. .. 0-2 TO THE PUB TEAM

134 goals .. ALABI 17 GOALS SEASON 16/17

+Quote Post
AGL
post Jan 13 2018, 08:12 PM
Post #35

1st team stalwart

QUOTE (archie thomas @ Jan 13 2018, 07:26 PM) *
all the best . good luck in the next rounds guiness.gif

Thoroughly deserved. Good luck in the next round. Told you we are dire.

+Quote Post
Rookery Hill
post Jan 14 2018, 08:37 AM
Post #36

Debut

Thanks for your best wishes, and all the best to your club as you battle to avoid the drop.

Was a pleasure to welcome you all yesterday, what a decent and knowledgeable bunch of people. ... Don't be too hard on the lads who had a go at your players at the end, thought there were a few of your players who really looked like they'd rather be somewhere, anywhere else, and I'm sure we'd have been p**sed off if we'd travelled all that way only to be let down.

Trust you all got home safely, maybe our paths will cross at some time in the future, all the best.

+Quote Post
RioTheBallBoy
post Jan 14 2018, 08:56 AM
Post #37

1st team regular

Member No.: 12774

I wasn’t involved in it, but I was next to the incident as I was standing by the tunnel. I must admit the lad did start it by questioning Hannah’s performance, but I’m not going to name any names as their is no need to and I know the lad well. It was nasty what was said though. Hannah replied ‘’F-you’’ to him, which all in all was a disgrace. The 14-year-old lad paid his hard-earned money to travel all that way and did not deserve to watch that performance, let alone have a derogatory comment said to him by a professional footballer. It got a little out of hand in the end but it was very sad to be near the incident. It’s even more upsetting to see players arguing with fans.
Hannah is a fantastic player on his day and he is at least one of the players who cares, but he should know better not to say stuff like that. If it’s his emotions then that’s a little understandable, although it wasn’t a nice sight.

This post has been edited by RioTheBallBoy: Jan 14 2018, 09:00 AM

--------------------
Once A Blue, Always A Blue

+Quote Post
RioTheBallBoy
post Jan 14 2018, 08:59 AM
Post #38

1st team regular

QUOTE (Rookery Hill @ Jan 14 2018, 08:37 AM) *
Thanks for your best wishes, and all the best to your club as you battle to avoid the drop.

Was a pleasure to welcome you all yesterday, what a decent and knowledgeable bunch of people. ... Don't be too hard on the lads who had a go at your players at the end, thought there were a few of your players who really looked like they'd rather be somewhere, anywhere else, and I'm sure we'd have been p**sed off if we'd travelled all that way only to be let down.

Trust you all got home safely, maybe our paths will cross at some time in the future, all the best.

Good luck in the next round ‘Rookery Hill’. Your fans were a lovely lot and when I was walking around the village John Coventry the manager even stopped me to have a chat. All the best.

--------------------

+Quote Post
AGL
post Jan 14 2018, 11:51 AM
Post #39

1st team stalwart

QUOTE (RioTheBallBoy @ Jan 14 2018, 09:59 AM) *

Good luck in the next round ‘Rookery Hill’. Your fans were a lovely lot and when I was walking around the village John Coventry the manager even stopped me to have a chat. All the best.

Did I also spot John Still there yesterday? If he was checkimg us out for the Daggers game it must have been a short report - yup, they're still crap.

+Quote Post
RioTheBallBoy
post Jan 14 2018, 09:21 PM
Post #40

1st team regular

QUOTE (AGL @ Jan 14 2018, 11:51 AM) *

Did I also spot John Still there yesterday? If he was checkimg us out for the Daggers game it must have been a short report - yup, they're still crap.

You sure did spot John Still. I seen someone who looked like him too, and got told that it was him when I was in my way back.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rookery Hill
post Jan 14 2018, 09:47 PM
Post #41

Debut

QUOTE (RioTheBallBoy @ Jan 14 2018, 09:21 PM) *

You sure did spot John Still. I seen someone who looked like him too, and got told that it was him when I was in my way back.

He's quite keen on our no5, Marvin Ekpiteta. .. Could have been killing two birds as it were.

+Quote Post
AGL
post Jan 15 2018, 10:48 AM
Post #42

1st team stalwart

QUOTE (Rookery Hill @ Jan 14 2018, 10:47 PM) *
QUOTE (RioTheBallBoy @ Jan 14 2018, 09:21 PM) *

He's quite keen on our no5, Marvin Ekpiteta. .. Could have been killing two birds as it were.

The number 5 was the best player on the pitch - big, athletic, won everything in the air and organised the defence. You have a real prospect there - hope you get some decent money for him. Don't suppose he will move up North? Can offer you a couple in return

+Quote Post
shunter blue
post Jan 16 2018, 07:13 PM
Post #43

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 9054

QUOTE (Rookery Hill @ Jan 12 2018, 12:04 PM) *
Morning all,

Thanks for your reply Rookery and hope you go all the way in the Trophy.

This post has been edited by shunter blue: Jan 16 2018, 07:14 PM

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Jan 17 2018, 12:22 PM
Post #44

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Member No.: 8970

QUOTE (shunter blue @ Jan 12 2018, 08:29 AM) *
QUOTE (Rookery Hill @ Jan 11 2018, 05:54 PM) *
QUOTE (EltonblueS @ Jan 11 2018, 04:55 PM) *
QUOTE (Rookery Hill @ Jan 11 2018, 03:44 PM) *
Don't worry about the crossing (unless you're coming in via M25 from the south), Essex is north of the river chaps.

so would that be the same side as Thurrock services or the other side, this will effect the route taken to avoid toll charges, so if its the same side as Thurrock services one would go down the M1 left on the M25, however if its the other side of the bridge one would take the m40/m42 route past Oxford and then go right on the M25 towards Gatwick

Definitely come round the north side of M25, then take A13 towards Tilbury, which is the last turning before the Dartford Crossing. ... Pretty sure that's the way Google Maps/RAC/AA would send you as well.

Hi Rookery Hill. No disrespect to this site, but the busier site is called New Deva Chat. Why don't you pop over. It's very friendly since our
main troll was banned.
One question

Do you have a sugar daddy?

with hindsight me thinks rockery came to the right site ? eh Shunter

+Quote Post
Jumpy
post Jan 17 2018, 12:53 PM
Post #45

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 1907

QUOTE (AGL @ Jan 12 2018, 08:46 AM) *
QUOTE (shunter blue @ Jan 12 2018, 09:29 AM) *
QUOTE (Rookery Hill @ Jan 11 2018, 05:54 PM) *
QUOTE (EltonblueS @ Jan 11 2018, 04:55 PM) *
QUOTE (Rookery Hill @ Jan 11 2018, 03:44 PM) *
Don't worry about the crossing (unless you're coming in via M25 from the south), Essex is north of the river chaps.

so would that be the same side as Thurrock services or the other side, this will effect the route taken to avoid toll charges, so if its the same side as Thurrock services one would go down the M1 left on the M25, however if its the other side of the bridge one would take the m40/m42 route past Oxford and then go right on the M25 towards Gatwick

Definitely come round the north side of M25, then take A13 towards Tilbury, which is the last turning before the Dartford Crossing. ... Pretty sure that's the way Google Maps/RAC/AA would send you as well.

Hi Rookery Hill. No disrespect to this site, but the busier site is called New Deva Chat. Why don't you pop over. It's very friendly since our
main troll was banned.
One question

Do you have a sugar daddy?

Here's a thought...maybe some on DC2 could pop over here to save Rookery the trouble!
Thanks to him for all the info. Thought asking him if he has a sugar daddy was a bit too much, however.

laugh.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2018 - 01:26 AM