> Hello from Sarf Essix.
Rookery Hill
post Jan 11 2018, 07:47 AM
Post #1

Debut

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 12906

Hi Guys (& Gals.),

Look forward to welcoming at least some of you down to our humble abode on Saturday.

Don't expect a Deva type set up when you arrive, the FutureFuel Stadium is basically a level four (lower level Evo Stik Northern) type ground with a few bits added on by volunteers to meet basic Vanarama South grading standards.

It does have covered seating for 550 bods, and some terracing with a bit of cover (our famous 'bus shelters') behind one goal.
Our average gate is only around 250, so don't expect to find the place heaving.

Hot food and drinks inside the ground, and a comfortable and welcoming bar which is just outside the ground. You can usually bring drinks into the ground, but because of that stoopid FA regulation they won't let you do it for FA Cup games.

Hope you enjoy your trip (apart from the result), you will all be made welcome.

Happy to answer any questions you may have.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Jan 11 2018, 10:59 AM
Post #2

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 8970

having come through the lower leagues some years ago, we have visited plenty of smaller grounds, and I have to say with the exception of Chorley all of them were great grounds to visit, So I am really looking forward to our visit this weekend I would expect around 200 Chester Fans will be attending a draw wouldn't be a bad result ( going to penalties) but I think with our current momentum we will probably sneak it

Q Thurrock has two teams I believe, one either side of the Dartford crossing, travelling from the M1 (clockwise on M25) we would go over the bridge and back home through the tunnel, is the crossing free at weekends and which junction off the m25 would we take ?

+Quote Post
awaydays
post Jan 11 2018, 11:10 AM
Post #3

Squad player

Member No.: 12771

took this from pichero site

East Thurrock United Football Club
FutureFuel Stadium, Rookery Hill
Corringham
Essex
SS17 9LB

BY ROAD
Directions from M25 Junction 30.
Take a13 towards Southend.
Exit a13 at Stanford-le-hope exit (a1014), this is just after the BP garage.
Turn right at the roundabout (3rd exit) onto a1014.
Straight over first roundabout.
Through traffic lights.
Ground is 200 yards on your left.

Please note there is limited parking available at the ground so please arrive early if you need to park close to the ground.

Can we also ask for you to be considerate to our neighbours when parking and ensure that you do not block any access points.

By Bus
The '100' bus (www.firstgroup.com) that runs between chelmsford and lakside stops 100 meters from the ground. This bus also runs past the local train station if you are coming via rail.

BY RAIL
Nearest stations are Stanford-le-hope or Basildon, both on the Fenchurch Street to Southend line. Stanford is about a mile away as the crow flies. Basildon 3/4 miles. A small cab fair or jump on the'100' bus (see above).

+Quote Post
3mm
post Jan 11 2018, 01:28 PM
Post #4

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Member No.: 91

Football Ground Guide - East Thurrock United FC

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!

+Quote Post
archie thomas
post Jan 11 2018, 01:41 PM
Post #5

1st team captain
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 6230

hello . what prices are the beer . and do you have BINGO in the club before the match .BLUES fans love a game of bingo . cityscarf.gif guiness.gif

--------------------
dances with wolfs
we whistled and we sang till the sealand end rang and we won the heart of the sealand end.

champions 2010-2011 champions 2011-12 champions 2012-13

high on a hill stood a lonely goat . higher up the hill stood a bloody big wolf. .. 0-2 TO THE PUB TEAM

134 goals .. ALABI 17 GOALS SEASON 16/17

+Quote Post
JTP
post Jan 11 2018, 01:54 PM
Post #6

1st team regular

Member No.: 4740

QUOTE (archie thomas @ Jan 11 2018, 01:41 PM) *
hello . what prices are the beer . and do you have BINGO in the club before the match .BLUES fans love a game of bingo . cityscarf.gif guiness.gif

biggrin.gif cityscarf.gif

--------------------
Marcus Bignot's 'Blue White Army'.

+Quote Post
Rookery Hill
post Jan 11 2018, 02:30 PM
Post #7

Debut

Hi again.

Please don't confuse us with the other mob who play effin miles away, just the Essex side of the Dartford crossing. .. A few years back they suddenly changed their name from Purfleet, the small village they are based in to Thurrock FC, which covers the whole huge borough, we were right peed off about it.

Beer is generally 3 quid a pint, which ain't too shabby for this part of the world. .. Normally have one cask bitter on... Sadly the bar don't do grub, so best stop along the way. .... Got the usual burgers, hot dogs etc in the ground.

Think the above posts, particularly the Football Grounds Guide are very helpful, and well worth a read.

Won't be decided on the day if it's a draw. Your management refused it after being quite happy to go for it in the previous round, so we'll have to hike all the way up there if it's a draw.

We're blowing a bit hot and cold at the moment having stuffed Aldershot 4-0 in the last round, but got stuffed by the same score at Braintreè last week. ..

+Quote Post
AGL
post Jan 11 2018, 03:17 PM
Post #8

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 2356

QUOTE (EltonblueS @ Jan 11 2018, 11:59 AM) *
having come through the lower leagues some years ago, we have visited plenty of smaller grounds, and I have to say with the exception of Chorley all of them were great grounds to visit, So I am really looking forward to our visit this weekend I would expect around 200 Chester Fans will be attending a draw wouldn't be a bad result ( going to penalties) but I think with our current momentum we will probably sneak it

Q Thurrock has two teams I believe, one either side of the Dartford crossing, travelling from the M1 (clockwise on M25) we would go over the bridge and back home through the tunnel, is the crossing free at weekends and which junction off the m25 would we take ?

Charges apply at the weekend.

+Quote Post
Rookery Hill
post Jan 11 2018, 03:44 PM
Post #9

Debut

Don't worry about the crossing (unless you're coming in via M25 from the south), Essex is north of the river chaps.

+Quote Post
RioTheBallBoy
post Jan 11 2018, 04:08 PM
Post #10

1st team regular

Member No.: 12774

I’m really looking forward to this cup match on Saturday and will be making the journey on the day. I’ve never been to Rookery Hill before, but I do like some of the features at your ground including the ‘Bus Shelters’. I love a good away day in the cup! We need to be progressing as the financial rewards are really important to clubs like ours. Good luck East Thurrock, but I’m expecting a Chester win. 😀

--------------------
Once A Blue, Always A Blue

+Quote Post
Viewfromthewest
post Jan 11 2018, 04:42 PM
Post #11

Squad player

Member No.: 4754

Believe The Bull is a decent place for pint

--------------------
ILLEGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

+Quote Post
shunter blue
post Jan 11 2018, 04:53 PM
Post #12

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 9054

QUOTE (Viewfromthewest @ Jan 11 2018, 04:42 PM) *
Believe The Bull is a decent place for pint

Why have you named a pub after a Halifax fan?

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Jan 11 2018, 04:55 PM
Post #13

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

QUOTE (Rookery Hill @ Jan 11 2018, 03:44 PM) *
Don't worry about the crossing (unless you're coming in via M25 from the south), Essex is north of the river chaps.

so would that be the same side as Thurrock services or the other side, this will effect the route taken to avoid toll charges, so if its the same side as Thurrock services one would go down the M1 left on the M25, however if its the other side of the bridge one would take the m40/m42 route past Oxford and then go right on the M25 towards Gatwick

+Quote Post
Rookery Hill
post Jan 11 2018, 05:54 PM
Post #14

Debut

QUOTE (EltonblueS @ Jan 11 2018, 04:55 PM) *

so would that be the same side as Thurrock services or the other side, this will effect the route taken to avoid toll charges, so if its the same side as Thurrock services one would go down the M1 left on the M25, however if its the other side of the bridge one would take the m40/m42 route past Oxford and then go right on the M25 towards Gatwick

Definitely come round the north side of M25, then take A13 towards Tilbury, which is the last turning before the Dartford Crossing. ... Pretty sure that's the way Google Maps/RAC/AA would send you as well.

+Quote Post
AGL
post Jan 11 2018, 09:42 PM
Post #15

1st team stalwart

QUOTE (Rookery Hill @ Jan 11 2018, 04:44 PM) *

Will be a few Exiles coming from the south. I know where Essex is, thanks!
Any decent pubs you'd suggest? Got to be better than Ebbsfleet.

+Quote Post
Rookery Hill
post Jan 11 2018, 10:01 PM
Post #16

Debut

QUOTE (AGL @ Jan 11 2018, 09:42 PM) *

Nearest is The Bull, couple of minutes away through the churchyard opposite the ground, decent cask ale and does grub.
Otherwise the only pubs are a couple of miles away in Stanford-le-Hope, OK if anyone's coming by train, Rising Sun halfway up the hill from the station has a good selection of ales, or at the top of the hill opposite Stanford church is the Village Inn, younger people's pub, does grub too. ... Would then need to get a cab, or hop on a 100 bus to Corringham Club Corner.

However, you'll find our own bar more than welcoming (and effin cheaper than the pubs).

This post has been edited by Rookery Hill: Jan 11 2018, 10:03 PM

+Quote Post
SueC
post Jan 11 2018, 10:16 PM
Post #17

Best DC Exiled Poster for 2007, 2008 & 2009
Group Icon

Member No.: 110

The Exiles will be meeting in the Bull, (postcode SS17 9AT). I've had a chat with them - they've got parking, will have food on and are a stone's throw from the ground. See you there. guiness.gif cityscarf.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
SueC
post Jan 11 2018, 10:33 PM
Post #18

Best DC Exiled Poster for 2007, 2008 & 2009
Group Icon

Member No.: 110

QUOTE (Rookery Hill @ Jan 11 2018, 10:01 PM) *

Nearest is The Bull, couple of minutes away through the churchyard opposite the ground, decent cask ale and does grub.
Otherwise the only pubs are a couple of miles away in Stanford-le-Hope, OK if anyone's coming by train, Rising Sun halfway up the hill from the station has a good selection of ales, or at the top of the hill opposite Stanford church is the Village Inn, younger people's pub, does grub too. ... Would then need to get a cab, or hop on a 100 bus to Corringham Club Corner.

However, you'll find our own bar more than welcoming (and effin cheaper than the pubs).

Hope you've got plenty of programmes because at games like this they usually sell out. Some of our fans will be buying more than one.

--------------------

+Quote Post
awaydays
post Jan 12 2018, 12:03 AM
Post #19

Squad player

Member No.: 12771

To clear things up go down M1 to M25 and turn left, or better still come on train with us

+Quote Post
manchester blue
post Jan 12 2018, 07:51 AM
Post #20

Squad player

Member No.: 9815

a few from the NORTH as well . guiness.gif cityscarf.gif

+Quote Post
shunter blue
post Jan 12 2018, 08:29 AM
Post #21

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 9054

QUOTE (Rookery Hill @ Jan 11 2018, 05:54 PM) *

Definitely come round the north side of M25, then take A13 towards Tilbury, which is the last turning before the Dartford Crossing. ... Pretty sure that's the way Google Maps/RAC/AA would send you as well.

Hi Rookery Hill. No disrespect to this site, but the busier site is called New Deva Chat. Why don't you pop over. It's very friendly since our
main troll was banned.
One question

Do you have a sugar daddy?

This post has been edited by shunter blue: Jan 12 2018, 08:31 AM

+Quote Post
AGL
post Jan 12 2018, 08:46 AM
Post #22

1st team stalwart

QUOTE (shunter blue @ Jan 12 2018, 09:29 AM) *
QUOTE (Rookery Hill @ Jan 11 2018, 05:54 PM) *

Hi Rookery Hill. No disrespect to this site, but the busier site is called New Deva Chat. Why don't you pop over. It's very friendly since our
main troll was banned.
One question

Do you have a sugar daddy?

Here's a thought...maybe some on DC2 could pop over here to save Rookery the trouble!
Thanks to him for all the info. Thought asking him if he has a sugar daddy was a bit too much, however.

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Jan 12 2018, 10:18 AM
Post #23

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

here's a thought perhaps the other Deva chat should change their name to save any confusion in the future

+Quote Post
crystal
post Jan 12 2018, 10:33 AM
Post #24

YTS Trainee

Member No.: 5700

The majority of fans still visit this site, I use both sites but for information I prefer this site, less cluttered

--------------------
BETTER TO BE BLUE

+Quote Post
Rookery Hill
post Jan 12 2018, 12:04 PM
Post #25

Debut

Morning all,

1/ Programmes. .. Our club sec has told me someone has already ordered 30. .. I'll have a word and make sure someone is knocking programmes out in the Rocks Bar around 2 ish. .. Otherwise all I'd say is don't leave it to the last minute.

2/ Someone asked earlier if we do bingo, the answer is sadly no.

3/ Quite happy to answer the sugar daddy question. .. To my knowledge the club doesn't have one single backer, but do have two or three major sponsors, and a number of lower level people helping out.

4/. Sorry if I upset AGL, didn't realise you had supporters coming from all over.

This post has been edited by Rookery Hill: Jan 12 2018, 12:06 PM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2018 - 01:53 AM