Deva Chat - 18 seasons as the voice of the city

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SENIOR BLUES JANUARY MEMBERS MEETING. (HOT POT), FRIDAY JANUARY 5th. In the BLUES BAR at 11am.
Neil Fishers Big...
post Jan 1 2018, 04:16 PM
Post #1

Club Director
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 2595

Happy New Year to all our members. We start the New Year with quite a busy meeting.
During our meeting on Friday the draw for the CHESTER F.C. CHRISTMAS RAFFLE will be drawn, with a top prize of £1,000 for the lucky winner, plus many other exciting prizes.

For our main speaker we have DARRELL WILIAMS who is the owner and chairman of FLINT TOWN UTD. Members I’m sure will interested to hear about life at the Welsh League side on Deeside. Having spoken to Darrell, I know he will have some interesting stories to tell about football at that level. He recently had Chester Legend Andy Holden working for him as manager at the club.

We are hoping MARCUS BIGNOT will make an appearance before he takes the team down to Ebbsfleet.

January of course, this year is our first “Hot Pot” of the season, so from past experience I know this is always a popular meeting with our members, if the weather stays like this I’m sure we will all look forward to tucking into a hot stew with all its trimmings of Red Cabbage and Bread. The cost is £5 a portion.

We will still have our own “Wendy’s Raffle” and there will be Senior Blues Merchandise on sale.
Geoff will update members about the forthcoming trips, with the Southport Flower Show pencilled in for our Summer day out.
Details of the date for that will be announced soon. We are hoping also to be running trips thiis year to St Asaph and a trip around Manchester City’s Stadium.

Because of a busy morning I recommend members to arrive as prompt as possible at a 11.

--------------------
NEIL FISHER I AM NOT WORTHY
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Jan 5 2018, 03:30 PM
Post #2

Club Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Jan 1 2018, 04:16 PM) *
Happy New Year to all our members. We start the New Year with quite a busy meeting.
During our meeting on Friday the draw for the CHESTER F.C. CHRISTMAS RAFFLE will be drawn, with a top prize of £1,000 for the lucky winner, plus many other exciting prizes.

For our main speaker we have DARRELL WILIAMS who is the owner and chairman of FLINT TOWN UTD. Members I’m sure will interested to hear about life at the Welsh League side on Deeside. Having spoken to Darrell, I know he will have some interesting stories to tell about football at that level. He recently had Chester Legend Andy Holden working for him as manager at the club.

We are hoping MARCUS BIGNOT will make an appearance before he takes the team down to Ebbsfleet.

January of course, this year is our first “Hot Pot” of the season, so from past experience I know this is always a popular meeting with our members, if the weather stays like this I’m sure we will all look forward to tucking into a hot stew with all its trimmings of Red Cabbage and Bread. The cost is £5 a portion.

We will still have our own “Wendy’s Raffle” and there will be Senior Blues Merchandise on sale.
Geoff will update members about the forthcoming trips, with the Southport Flower Show pencilled in for our Summer day out.
Details of the date for that will be announced soon. We are hoping also to be running trips thiis year to St Asaph and a trip around Manchester City’s Stadium.

Because of a busy morning I recommend members to arrive as prompt as possible at a 11.

I’m delighted say that the Senior Blues kicked off the New Year with a packed room for our January meeting.
Geoff Leith opened the meeting with information on our days out this year.
The trip to Manchester City’s ground has been confirmed as has the trip to St Asaph, the day out at Southport Flower Show is pencilled in for mid-August.
The latest figure for The Senior Blues Foundation was announced by our treasurer Vic Croft, and I’m delighted to say, now stands at over £8,000.
Our main speaker was Chairman of Flint Town United, DARRELL WILLIAMS who turned out to be a very interesting speaker indeed.
He first mentioned the size of the audience, he thought he would only be speaking to a handful of people not a packed room!
He spoke of his playing days, playing with both Ian Rush’s father and Alan Tarbuck. (Who was there to welcome his old friend at the meeting this morning.) He is a regular visitor with his sons to Old Trafford, having been a Manchester United Fan for most of his life, certainly football is in his blood, as like myself still enjoys playing the game every week.
Darrell told us about the running of Flint Town, and the importance he puts into getting the club into the Welsh Premier League. As some may know, one of our own, Andy Holden was manager there earlier on this season, but admitted that Andy found it very hard coping with the very part-time training that the club has, having worked with Football Clubs at the very top, Andy felt it was something he found very difficult, and decided to resign his position much to Darrells disappointment, but Darrell understood totally, and there was no hard feelings, and Andy now works for Darrell in his children’s homes as a P.E and sports instructor. We have asked Darrell to ask Andy to come and talk to the Senior Blues.
Darrell then spoke about his work with the Children’s homes he owns in and around Flint. This was a very interesting and moving part of Darrells talk, and was intently listened to by our members.
Their work is only with teenage boys, many having suffered some kind of abuse and unhappy lives. Darrells described the work involving these boys with great passion, and his obvious care and devotion to them came clearly through in everything he said. His success rate in changing their lives is obviously noticed, as there is a waiting list for places in his homes.
Councils from around the country apply to have their troubled boys put into to Darrells care, such is the success of his homes.
He told us that Senior Blues members were only to welcome to come and see the homes and the work that is done there, this will be discussed at the next committee meeting, but I’m certain a trip will be organised as soon as is possible.
Darrells talk was followed by our Hot Pot. It was served piping at at 12-15 and very much enjoyed by all our members, served with Red Cabbage and Beetroot, there where many who went back for second helpings.
The Senior Blues would like to thank ALAN CASE, along with his friends from Upton Village Hall, for organising the splendid Hot Pot, and will certainly be calling on them again for next one.
It was great to see some new members joining this morning, certainly the Senior Blues is going from strength to strength.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Jan 5 2018, 10:03 PM
Post #3

Club Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Jan 5 2018, 03:30 PM) *
QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Jan 1 2018, 04:16 PM) *

I’m delighted say that the Senior Blues kicked off the New Year with a packed room for our January meeting.
Geoff Leith opened the meeting with information on our days out this year.
The trip to Manchester City’s ground has been confirmed as has the trip to St Asaph, the day out at Southport Flower Show is pencilled in for mid-August.
The latest figure for The Senior Blues Foundation was announced by our treasurer Vic Croft, and I’m delighted to say, now stands at over £8,000.
Our main speaker was Chairman of Flint Town United, DARRELL WILLIAMS who turned out to be a very interesting speaker indeed.
He first mentioned the size of the audience, he thought he would only be speaking to a handful of people not a packed room!
He spoke of his playing days, playing with both Ian Rush’s father and Alan Tarbuck. (Who was there to welcome his old friend at the meeting this morning.) He is a regular visitor with his sons to Old Trafford, having been a Manchester United Fan for most of his life, certainly football is in his blood, as like myself still enjoys playing the game every week.
Darrell told us about the running of Flint Town, and the importance he puts into getting the club into the Welsh Premier League. As some may know, one of our own, Andy Holden was manager there earlier on this season, but admitted that Andy found it very hard coping with the very part-time training that the club has, having worked with Football Clubs at the very top, Andy felt it was something he found very difficult, and decided to resign his position much to Darrells disappointment, but Darrell understood totally, and there was no hard feelings, and Andy now works for Darrell in his children’s homes as a P.E and sports instructor. We have asked Darrell to ask Andy to come and talk to the Senior Blues.
Darrell then spoke about his work with the Children’s homes he owns in and around Flint. This was a very interesting and moving part of Darrells talk, and was intently listened to by our members.
Their work is only with teenage boys, many having suffered some kind of abuse and unhappy lives. Darrells described the work involving these boys with great passion, and his obvious care and devotion to them came clearly through in everything he said. His success rate in changing their lives is obviously noticed, as there is a waiting list for places in his homes.
Councils from around the country apply to have their troubled boys put into to Darrells care, such is the success of his homes.
He told us that Senior Blues members were only to welcome to come and see the homes and the work that is done there, this will be discussed at the next committee meeting, but I’m certain a trip will be organised as soon as is possible.
Darrells talk was followed by our Hot Pot. It was served piping at at 12-15 and very much enjoyed by all our members, served with Red Cabbage and Beetroot, there where many who went back for second helpings.
The Senior Blues would like to thank ALAN CASE, along with his friends from Upton Village Hall, for organising the splendid Hot Pot, and will certainly be calling on them again for next one.
It was great to see some new members joining this morning, certainly the Senior Blues is going from strength to strength.

Apology for not mentioning the Christmas Draw Raffle which took place at our meeting. The full list of winners is mentioned on another post, it was a great coincidence that the main prize winner of the £1,000 was a Senior Blues Member, Roy Greaves who was literally only about six feet away from the prize drum when Neil Bellis got Alan Tarbuck to pick the winning ticket,, well done Roy!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th January 2018 - 07:16 PM