Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Too many committees ?
Barney Daniels B...
post Dec 27 2017, 12:58 PM
Post #1

Reserve skipper

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 5404

An interesting post by Simon Ollerenshaw on DC2 about accountability and responsibility . I never saw any point in inventing an operations board ,all it needed was for the CFU board to do their respective jobs . Quite frankly there is NO accountability in the current set up with one committee able to sit on their hands if they wish and blame the other one . Zero accountability between the players and manager and none between the directors and the fans from either committee . Both committees are an utter joke with nobody appearing to take responsibility for anything ,all full of their own self importance whilst the club is slowly sinking .
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Dec 27 2017, 01:33 PM
Post #2

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 8970

Simon O was one of the best Chairman we had, we were really starting to move in the right direction under his leadership, two others to mention , Brian Burns and Jeff Banks, both did lots for the club and are been missed alot, the current board is quite young and although you have to give anyone who volunteers for our club a big pat on the back, I feel some of them are just not up to the job in hand, for example, we have a dedicated board member looking after CFU membership, and yet our CFU membership is at an all time low, we don't see any promotion whatsoever, Christmas is a great time for selling stuff like this yet we see or hear nothing.

+Quote Post
Fathead The Glad...
post Dec 27 2017, 02:45 PM
Post #3

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 1749

The democracy of the CFU, ultimately the club's executive, needs to be opened out to CFU members a bit more. Some big decisions should be voted on via online methods to get better engagement with existing members, and also as a form of encouragement to join. I was an original CFU member, but dropped out as the decision making became almost totally via committee alone. Online democracy is the new way.

--------------------
North Wales Chester FC Supporters Group

+Quote Post
3mm
post Dec 27 2017, 04:04 PM
Post #4

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 91

If there are too many committees and sub-committees, “someone” should recognise that and trim things down accordingly. Ultimately the buck stops with the top man. You do get the impression that things are not as smooth behind the scenes as you’d like them to be.

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!

+Quote Post
Barney Daniels B...
post Dec 27 2017, 08:39 PM
Post #5

Reserve skipper

QUOTE (3mm @ Dec 27 2017, 04:04 PM) *
If there are too many committees and sub-committees, “someone” should recognise that and trim things down accordingly. Ultimately the buck stops with the top man. You do get the impression that things are not as smooth behind the scenes as you’d like them to be.

Having 2 boards of directors makes the job of running the club more complicated than it needs to be . And how many chairman have we had in the last 4 years ? Non of them were in their position long enough to make any progress on which to report ,and no reason for their departure beyond personal reasons .

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Dec 28 2017, 09:15 AM
Post #6

Club Director
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 2595

QUOTE (Barney Daniels Big Toe @ Dec 27 2017, 08:39 PM) *

Having 2 boards of directors makes the job of running the club more complicated than it needs to be . And how many chairman have we had in the last 4 years ? Non of them were in their position long enough to make any progress on which to report ,and no reason for their departure beyond personal reasons .

On a personal note, I would like to see the directors in the Blues Bar after the game. I know Anne Salmon is a regular visitor, and I have seen Laurence Kirby in there, but that’s about it. I wouldve thought its good PR for the new directors to make themselves known to the fans downstairs.
Communication from the top has always been a problem, this would help improve that surely.
At this difficult time we need everybody together, this is not a time for “them and us”
Whatever decisions have been made in the past, it’s what is done now that counts, we have a fight on our hands, both on and off the pitch, on the pitch the team has to fight for every point, off the pitch the Club needs every friend it can get,IF the club is relegated, it won’t be as easy for us to get out of that League as last time.
The club would need a strong board and manager to plan the recovery, the people needed for that recovery need to be recruited now if the worst where to happen. This is THE time for the board to embrace the fans and get everybody pulling together.

--------------------
NEIL FISHER I AM NOT WORTHY

+Quote Post
Barney Daniels B...
post Dec 28 2017, 10:13 AM
Post #7

Reserve skipper

QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Dec 28 2017, 09:15 AM) *
QUOTE (Barney Daniels Big Toe @ Dec 27 2017, 08:39 PM) *

On a personal note, I would like to see the directors in the Blues Bar after the game. I know Anne Salmon is a regular visitor, and I have seen Laurence Kirby in there, but that’s about it. I wouldve thought its good PR for the new directors to make themselves known to the fans downstairs.
Communication from the top has always been a problem, this would help improve that surely.
At this difficult time we need everybody together, this is not a time for “them and us”
Whatever decisions have been made in the past, it’s what is done now that counts, we have a fight on our hands, both on and off the pitch, on the pitch the team has to fight for every point, off the pitch the Club needs every friend it can get,IF the club is relegated, it won’t be as easy for us to get out of that League as last time.
The club would need a strong board and manager to plan the recovery, the people needed for that recovery need to be recruited now if the worst where to happen. This is THE time for the board to embrace the fans and get everybody pulling together.

A good post ,but are they listening ? There IS an us and them attitude because they are still not being transparent after nearly 4 years of complaints about communication

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th July 2018 - 06:10 PM