Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Chester FC V AFC Fylde MATCH THREAD
RioTheBallBoy
post Dec 15 2017, 07:30 AM
Post #1

Squad player

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 12774

Finally we got a much-needed win against Solihull, but our attentions turn to the FA Trophy tomorrow. I say this every single year, but we really need to give it a good go and get as far as possible, as well as gaining financial rewards. Hopefully AFC Fylde May feel a little tired tomorrow, but it certainly won’t be an easy tie. Come On City!
Score: Chester FC (Udoh) 1-2 AFC Fylde
Attendance: 1,191 (84 AFC Fylde)
COYB!

This post has been edited by RioTheBallBoy: Dec 15 2017, 07:31 AM

--------------------
Once A Blue, Always A Blue
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Dec 16 2017, 11:13 AM
Post #2

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 8970

QUOTE (RioTheBallBoy @ Dec 15 2017, 07:30 AM) *
Finally we got a much-needed win against Solihull, but our attentions turn to the FA Trophy tomorrow. I say this every single year, but we really need to give it a good go and get as far as possible, as well as gaining financial rewards. Hopefully AFC Fylde May feel a little tired tomorrow, but it certainly won’t be an easy tie. Come On City!
Score: Chester FC (Udoh) 1-2 AFC Fylde
Attendance: 1,191 (84 AFC Fylde)
COYB!

in the last couple of seasons the trophy winners have been demoted, Halifax, York, etc would anyone sacrifice conference prem for a trip to Wembley I know I would

Don't forget to > Predict-a-score! a big thanks goes out to 3mm for running this thread every week

+Quote Post
TheBlueandWhite
post Dec 16 2017, 12:35 PM
Post #3

Squad player

Member No.: 7770

We'll be selling the latest issue of the fanzine (#20) today. Still just £2, and a great stocking filler. We were shortlisted for Fanzine of the Year (again) this year too.

--------------------
The Blue and White - All profits to the Junior Blues!
Shortlisted for FSF Fanzine of the Year 2013, 2017.

+Quote Post
3mm
post Dec 16 2017, 05:47 PM
Post #4

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Member No.: 91

1-1 FT

2-2 AET

Chester win 5-4 on penalties, five stonkers too cityscarf.gif

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!

+Quote Post
The Annexe
post Dec 16 2017, 06:45 PM
Post #5

1st team regular

Member No.: 1471

QUOTE (3mm @ Dec 16 2017, 05:47 PM) *
1-1 FT
2-2 AET
Chester win 5-4 on penalties, five stonkers too cityscarf.gif

Nice few grand for the kitty too. smile.gif
.... and W****** lost at home to Harrogate, so not a bad day all round.

--------------------
The difference between what I write and what I think I write is in the eye of the beholder.

+Quote Post
RioTheBallBoy
post Dec 16 2017, 07:53 PM
Post #6

Squad player

Member No.: 12774

That was a really good win. It was a decent game with both teams up for it and I’m really made up that we are through to the next round. It is great to see Ross Hannah scoring for fun again. In his first spell, he started off slowly, but just before Christmas he began to bang in the goals. I can see something similar happening this season. James Jones again put in a solid shift. He reads the game very well, and may well be the next Sam Hughes given the correct coaching. Ryan Astles was impressive too. He played really well, and kept a cool head throughout the game.
I think that we have turned around a little corner now. A few months ago, no-one would have thought that we would win twice at home in 7 days, but we have now. It really does put us in a good position for our next few vital matches. It is great to have received a financial boost too which is important for the club.
Hopefully we can go quite far in the FA Trophy this season. A number of National League clubs (including our friends down the road) have already been knocked out so who knows.
I’m really looking forward to FC Halifax away next Saturday. They aren’t doing well themselves, and we have a decent chance of winning. Let’s hope so. Come On You Blues!

--------------------
Once A Blue, Always A Blue

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Dec 16 2017, 11:07 PM
Post #7

Club Director
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 2595

QUOTE (RioTheBallBoy @ Dec 16 2017, 07:53 PM) *
That was a really good win. It was a decent game with both teams up for it and I’m really made up that we are through to the next round. It is great to see Ross Hannah scoring for fun again. In his first spell, he started off slowly, but just before Christmas he began to bang in the goals. I can see something similar happening this season. James Jones again put in a solid shift. He reads the game very well, and may well be the next Sam Hughes given the correct coaching. Ryan Astles was impressive too. He played really well, and kept a cool head throughout the game.
I think that we have turned around a little corner now. A few months ago, no-one would have thought that we would win twice at home in 7 days, but we have now. It really does put us in a good position for our next few vital matches. It is great to have received a financial boost too which is important for the club.
Hopefully we can go quite far in the FA Trophy this season. A number of National League clubs (including our friends down the road) have already been knocked out so who knows.
I’m really looking forward to FC Halifax away next Saturday. They aren’t doing well themselves, and we have a decent chance of winning. Let’s hope so. Come On You Blues!

Good report Rio, and nice to meet you before the match too.
An important match to win, and £6,000 better off. Good team win, and certainly the type of game we have lost in the past. Two golden chances to have won it in 90 mins, but we came back from being behind to earn the extra time. Five great pens,I named the first two takers, but was struggling with the next three, but they all stood up and gave their keeper no chance with all of them. Let’s hope for a generous home draw next time.

--------------------
NEIL FISHER I AM NOT WORTHY

+Quote Post
3mm
post Dec 17 2017, 12:39 PM
Post #8

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Member No.: 91

And Well Done Andy Halls for having the guts to take the vital fifth one and put us into the next round. Would have been much easier for him to have ducked out of taking it, and just imagine the reaction if he’d missed it, but he nailed it with a superb pen bowdown.gif

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th July 2018 - 06:03 PM