Reply to this topicStart new topic
> tom peers , the mystery
poolepirate
post Nov 22 2015, 01:27 PM
Post #1

1st team regular

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 4623

i see tom peers scored yesterday for salford it seems every time he goes on loan somewhere he scores on a regular basis but for CFC never. i wonder why this is ? is he not given a chance in the team FROM THE START ? or maybe SB doesnt rate him and hence wont give him a chance , or is it just that he is not good enough for conference football ? thoughts ?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GizmoBlue
post Nov 22 2015, 01:56 PM
Post #2

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 3408

At this moment in time he is simply not good enough for Conference Premier. Maybe a couple of years in lower divisions will bring him on.

--------------------
Once a Seal always a Seal!

Chester are back!

+Quote Post
Yin
post Nov 22 2015, 02:46 PM
Post #3

Squad player

Member No.: 10837

QUOTE (GizmoBlue @ Nov 22 2015, 01:56 PM) *
At this moment in time he is simply not good enough for Conference Premier. Maybe a couple of years in lower divisions will bring him on.

I have to disagree for what it is worth,if he is given a run of 6 games for Chester Fc then everyone managment and fans would be able to give an honest opinion as to where he is ability/development wise.

+Quote Post
waggoner
post Nov 22 2015, 03:20 PM
Post #4

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 3538

QUOTE (poolepirate @ Nov 22 2015, 01:27 PM) *
i see tom peers scored yesterday for salford it seems every time he goes on loan somewhere he scores on a regular basis but for CFC never. i wonder why this is ? is he not given a chance in the team FROM THE START ? or maybe SB doesnt rate him and hence wont give him a chance , or is it just that he is not good enough for conference football ? thoughts ?

It's simple really. The reason he scores at a lower level is because THAT lower level is his level

+Quote Post
Churton Blue
post Nov 22 2015, 03:52 PM
Post #5

Squad player

Member No.: 4879

I have seen a few NPL games this season and there are a some teams that are very poor defensively.

Stamford, who he scored against, have shipped an alarming 59 goals in 20 games. That is 12 more than any other team.

I am very pleased he scored yesterday but it needs to be seen in the context of the above.

+Quote Post
Yin
post Nov 22 2015, 04:38 PM
Post #6

Squad player

Member No.: 10837

QUOTE (Churton Blue @ Nov 22 2015, 03:52 PM) *
I have seen a few NPL games this season and there are a some teams that are very poor defensively.

Stamford, who he scored against, have shipped an alarming 59 goals in 20 games. That is 12 more than any other team.

I am very pleased he scored yesterday but it needs to be seen in the context of the above.

A bit harsh on young Tom perhaps,sent out on loan as suggested by the masse's scores a match winner in his first start but it isnt really a worthwhile effort as the opposition are poor ?.
Cannot do right for doing wrong can he ?.

+Quote Post
NWAS
post Nov 22 2015, 04:45 PM
Post #7

Romantic alecan
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 11

QUOTE (Yin @ Nov 22 2015, 02:46 PM) *

I have to disagree for what it is worth,if he is given a run of 6 games for Chester Fc then everyone managment and fans would be able to give an honest opinion as to where he is ability/development wise.

Bang on. Any worse than anything else we've got? Nope.

--------------------
Don't let the rain get you down, it's a waste of time.
Have your fun, live everyday in the bright sunshine.

+Quote Post
ShrewdBlue
post Nov 22 2015, 04:49 PM
Post #8

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 1535

Difficult one really.

Our midfield don't support the strikers at all so we can't expect anyone, even Hannah, to score loads of goals. If Peers plays and isnt getting any service from the midfield, its impossible to tell how good he is.

+Quote Post
Billy W
post Nov 22 2015, 04:59 PM
Post #9

1st team captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 2156

Same with Thomson - according to the FC United report from yesterday 'a fantastic free kick from Thomson clipped the bar'. Give him the chances that Hobson has had and we might have a decent player.

+Quote Post
Churton Blue
post Nov 22 2015, 05:39 PM
Post #10

Squad player

Member No.: 4879

QUOTE (Yin @ Nov 22 2015, 04:38 PM) *
QUOTE (Churton Blue @ Nov 22 2015, 03:52 PM) *

A bit harsh on young Tom perhaps,sent out on loan as suggested by the masse's scores a match winner in his first start but it isnt really a worthwhile effort as the opposition are poor ?.
Cannot do right for doing wrong can he ?.

Hobson hit 35 one season for Kendal in the NPL and Hannah once managed 9 in a match for Buxton.

Tom did his job and scored and I am pleased that he did. But there is clearly a difference in standard between divisions and even within divisions in Stamford's case.

I would say realistic rather than harsh.

This post has been edited by Churton Blue: Nov 22 2015, 05:41 PM

+Quote Post
Gizmo's Dad
post Nov 23 2015, 11:02 PM
Post #11

1st team legend

Member No.: 2738

Has he ever played as a midfielder or wide maybe a main striker is not his position? Just a thought!

--------------------
Saint Milner's Day. 14/02/1995

'WE'VE GOT OUR CLUB BACK' AND WE ARE NOT LETTING IT GO!

+Quote Post
Barney Daniels B...
post Nov 24 2015, 12:52 AM
Post #12

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 5404

QUOTE (Gizmo's Dad @ Nov 23 2015, 11:02 PM) *
Has he ever played as a midfielder or wide maybe a main striker is not his position? Just a thought!

we will never know will we ,as he aint going to get a chance

+Quote Post
NWAS
post Nov 24 2015, 05:46 AM
Post #13

Romantic alecan
Group Icon

Member No.: 11

Great run in behind, indicated the ball needed and finished very well. Can't do any more than that.

Seen him do it for years, and he will do it for years to come. Just a shame he doesn't get the chance here, despite scoring the winner at Macc in one of his brief cameo appearances this season.

As stated above, it should be in our club DNA to be giving these lads a go, and not just ten minutes here and there, but it wouldn't appear to be so.

--------------------
Don't let the rain get you down, it's a waste of time.
Have your fun, live everyday in the bright sunshine.

+Quote Post
Harry Lime
post Nov 24 2015, 09:08 AM
Post #14

1st team regular

Member No.: 4989

QUOTE (NWAS @ Nov 24 2015, 06:46 AM) *
Great run in behind, indicated the ball needed and finished very well. Can't do any more than that.

Seen him do it for years, and he will do it for years to come. Just a shame he doesn't get the chance here, despite scoring the winner at Macc in one of his brief cameo appearances this season.

As stated above, it should be in our club DNA to be giving these lads a go, and not just ten minutes here and there, but it wouldn't appear to be so.

The manager needs to be free to pick what he feels is his strongest team for each game.

I agree we all want to see lads coming through, but we employ the manager to win games and entertain. I realise those close to the youth team really rate Peers. Nearly every time I've seen him he's disapointed. A bit like Thompson and Richards when they've started they've rarely done enough to merit keeping their place. The step up to National League is huge.

Peers should have been given the 6 games at the end of last season after we were safe from relegation to justify keeping him on. He wasn't, so the jury is still out.
Us playing a lone striker is a big issue too. Peers isn't best suited to playing it. Then again, neither are any of the others. If he was a winger or wide player he'd likely have played a lot more.

I'd loan him out, then give him the run of games late in the season, especially if Hannah indicates he doesn't want to stay.

As a general rule, if a player doesn't start a reasonable number of games in a season, or come on that often, unless he's s young player, you wouldn't keep them for the next. We should always aim to improve year on year.

+Quote Post
Billy W
post Dec 11 2015, 01:11 PM
Post #15

1st team captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 2156

He has finished his loan spell at Salford and gone on loan to Hednesford.

+Quote Post
njd1959
post Dec 11 2015, 01:49 PM
Post #16

1st team regular

Member No.: 11812

QUOTE (Billy W @ Dec 11 2015, 01:11 PM) *

Salford didn't rate him then? You would have thought with all these extra fixtures they are getting behind with they could of done with an extra body. Hasn't he been on loan at Keys Park before?

+Quote Post
Lobster
post Dec 11 2015, 01:56 PM
Post #17

Just one fool among the shower
Group Icon

Member No.: 203

QUOTE (njd1959 @ Dec 11 2015, 01:49 PM) *
QUOTE (Billy W @ Dec 11 2015, 01:11 PM) *

Salford didn't rate him then? You would have thought with all these extra fixtures they are getting behind with they could of done with an extra body. Hasn't he been on loan at Keys Park before?

Yes, and he did well there, by all accounts.

Salford seem a bit like kids in a sweet shop at the moment. Hednesford are a league higher, so a better standard for him.

+Quote Post
waggoner
post Dec 11 2015, 02:38 PM
Post #18

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 3538

This may be because he is a lower league player who is not up to conference standard?

+Quote Post
Always a Support...
post Dec 11 2015, 05:52 PM
Post #19

Reserve skipper
Group Icon

Member No.: 159

QUOTE (Billy W @ Nov 22 2015, 04:59 PM) *

Same with Thomson - according to the FC United report from yesterday 'a fantastic free kick from Thomson clipped the bar'. Give him the chances that Hobson has had and we might have a decent player.

How can it be "fantastic" if he missed ? 😃

--------------------
Dancers are definitely not drinkers !!!

+Quote Post
Ean
post Dec 11 2015, 06:29 PM
Post #20

chester football club supporter
Group Icon

Member No.: 2289

citysign.GIF

tom needs to go there do his stuff and score goals ,the same as George is doing
then they can say we have been out on loan ,got fit did what was asked and scored goals

they would have to be looked at again ,we do need to play to our best.

not leave so much space between midfield and attack , and play someone along side hanna
but George and tom can both play in our team and not look lost

--------------------
I'M A FOOL

WHY DON'T YOU BECOME ONE TOO

bugler for the masses
west stand
golf pro to the stars
well nwas anyway

+Quote Post
Devon Blue
post Dec 11 2015, 07:29 PM
Post #21

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Member No.: 42

QUOTE (ShrewdBlue @ Nov 22 2015, 04:49 PM) *
Difficult one really.

Our midfield don't support the strikers at all so we can't expect anyone, even Hannah, to score loads of goals. If Peers plays and isnt getting any service from the midfield, its impossible to tell how good he is.

The most accurate post in the topic. You could have the best striker in the world in your team, but if nobody gives him the ball, he ain't gonna get many goals!

--------------------
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>COME ON YOU BLUES! </span>

+Quote Post
Chaz
post Dec 11 2015, 11:04 PM
Post #22

1st team regular

Member No.: 11811

QUOTE (Devon Blue @ Dec 11 2015, 07:29 PM) *
Difficult one really.

The most accurate post in the topic. You could have the best striker in the world in your team, but if nobody gives him the ball, he ain't gonna get many goals!

I think Messi might just get a few goals playing up top for us.

+Quote Post
woolston blue
post Dec 11 2015, 11:51 PM
Post #23

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 5676

QUOTE (Chaz @ Dec 11 2015, 11:04 PM) *
Difficult one really.

Only if he dropped VERY deep to pick it up rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
TheTheremin
post Dec 12 2015, 01:41 AM
Post #24

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 2194

Difficult one really.

Indeed. We all know it that the problem ever since we got in the conference has been in midfield. Either we are not providing service to the forwards or we are causing unnecessary pressure on the defence. Every season the same.

IMO our forwards have been good enough all through the last three seasons. We've had good keepers. We've had good defenders. On paper the midfield should be good but it just doesn't click consistently.

Forget forwards which everybody bangs on about on here. Assembling a decent midfield is the toughest thing to achieve in this league.

In front of a decent midfield Peers would do OK I reckon.

+Quote Post
Chaz
post Dec 12 2015, 07:09 AM
Post #25

1st team regular

Member No.: 11811

QUOTE (woolston blue @ Dec 11 2015, 11:51 PM) *
QUOTE (Chaz @ Dec 11 2015, 11:04 PM) *
Difficult one really.

Only if he dropped VERY deep to pick it up rolleyes.gif

Probably not.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th April 2020 - 12:12 PM