> Introduction
Deadraque
post Aug 9 2005, 07:26 PM
Post #1

Debut

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 1745

Hi Everyone,

Since a few year i have been following Chester City and decided to join with this new season, perhaps this will be a very weird situation on how i became a fan of chester and football...

First of all I am from Belgium and 33 years old so english isn't my main language so forgive me on massive errors smile.gif It all began 4 Years ago. I am a very big Video game player and started to play the game ToTal Club Manager from EA, I wasn't a football fan at all i even found it pretty stupid smile.gif But started to enjoy this video game alot. I loved the fact to build your team from conference to the top league. As I did different tests with several teams, I started over a lot of times, with Margate and more. And then I tried Chester that brought me in better leaugues! All was going so well that I took the same team the year after, and started to get information about Chester City to make the database as real as in real life, because of this I started to know the names of the players and info of chester and occasionally followed their evolution and wow they got good and god promoted! Last year I followed nearly every single match hoping they would survive in League Two and was impressed by their result. Saturday the new league started and had no hopes for chester's first match especially against the old Manager from last year in a team that was just relegated (Peterborough)... the odds where pretty high and went to play a bit money in a bookmaker shop here in Belgium and by surprise they made me win 80€ (about 50£ i think) with there 0-1 result, I was amazed. So now i am right there following the second match hoping them to win.

And that's how i landed here joining the Chester City fan club!

Anyway I had a little question. Right now from Belgium I follow the matches in text mode trough the BBC website. Is there anyway to have radio or images (live) or even view a recorded match over the internet? If you can help me on this, I would be very gratefull for such info! I didn't search yet on the forum as I just joined and need the time to find my marks here. Text is nice, but I get more and more facinated by Chester so would like to have images and more now. smile.gif

If I am in the UK sometime I will come see a match!

See You Soon all.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Aug 9 2005, 08:17 PM
Post #2

Guests

(Not a Chester fan)

They are playing a game now, so i don't think too many will be around on here to help.

They're local Radio station is Dee106.3

I don't if they do live coverage, updates or if you can get them on the internet.

skysports.com also do a good teletext type coverage.

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Aug 9 2005, 08:19 PM
Post #3

Guests

QUOTE (Guest @ Aug 9 2005, 09:17 PM)
(Not a Chester fan)

They are playing a game now, so i don't think too many will be around on here to help.

They're local Radio station is Dee106.3

I don't if they do live coverage, updates or if you can get them on the internet.

skysports.com also do a good teletext type coverage.

Look as though my English isn't too good either

+Quote Post
Notts Blue
post Aug 9 2005, 09:19 PM
Post #4

Exiled in Nottingham
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 664

I think too much Palm has been taken by some people!

--------------------
Venimus ! Vidimus! Vicimus!

+Quote Post
come on the blue...
post Aug 9 2005, 09:30 PM
Post #5

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 1501

well it's good to think we have foreign fans (and even if it is just you) laugh.gif thanks for that

--------------------
Can't hear the main stand sing....

+Quote Post
Hong Kong Bluey
post Aug 9 2005, 09:39 PM
Post #6

1st team captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 325

Can we open up the CCFC Belgian supporters branch now!?
Welcome to the soap opera that is Chester City Football CLub, following us i can assure you you'll never get bored as everything you can possibly think of can and will happen to this club!
All the best Deadraque and hope to see you on here again in the near future

+Quote Post
Deadraque
post Aug 9 2005, 10:05 PM
Post #7

Debut

Thank you for the welcomes (each on their proper way that's for sure). And nope i don't drink palms smile.gif I know it's a weird way to join, but you can't explain everything... It would have been easier with Belgian teams for sure, but that's to late now, I really enjoyed last years matches of chester, and loved their start this season, So I think I'll be around; even if I won't talk much.

And BIG Congrats on the comeback of chester today, that's why i would love to hear live comments... To be even ,ore thrilled, I went to dee 106.3 they stream live but no football, to bad sad.gif but many thanks for the tip!

Well if they ever do or there is any other place we can listen then please let me know. Thanks.

+Quote Post
Elton Blues
post Aug 9 2005, 10:08 PM
Post #8

Our City, Our Community, Our Club
Group Icon

Member No.: 40

Welcome on board this rollercoaster club!

There is a Chester Exiles Club which I'm sure SueC will promote to you soon wink.gif

--------------------
I am one of the thousands of fools and proud of it!

+Quote Post
1 Ryan Sugden
post Aug 9 2005, 10:30 PM
Post #9

1st team regular

Member No.: 1401

welcome our new friend! hope your getting chester known to all your friends out there would be good with a few shirts out in Belgium

+Quote Post
Guest_It's not my fault_*
post Aug 9 2005, 10:42 PM
Post #10

Guests

Welcome to Chester City Football club!

All respectful supporters are welcome. If you spoke to the club I am sure they would make special arrangements for you if you made the trip (maybe a private club tour etc)

http://www.flyvlm.com/emc.asp Vlm fly from Belgium to Liverpool airport. Liverpool airport is only 28 miles away from Chester and I am sure many people would be pleased to help if you decided to come across to our historic city and view our great football club.

This post has been edited by It's not my fault: Aug 9 2005, 10:43 PM

+Quote Post
Deadraque
post Aug 13 2005, 02:25 PM
Post #11

Debut

QUOTE (It's not my fault @ Aug 10 2005, 12:42 AM)

All respectful supporters are welcome. If you spoke to the club I am sure they would make special arrangements for you if you made the trip (maybe a private club tour etc)

http://www.flyvlm.com/emc.asp Vlm fly from Belgium to Liverpool airport. Liverpool airport is only 28 miles away from Chester and I am sure many people would be pleased to help if you decided to come across to our historic city and view our great football club.

Thank you all again to bad they don't play today... Anyway Thank you for the info about the Liverpool airport and more. I have no idea when, perhaps in a few months or perhaps 1-3 years, but I promise that when I come over to the UK (when i have holiday or something) that I will come. As I live in Oostende and have an airport here it would be pretty easy, Not sure if it flies to Liverpool, but I will sure to check this out. And it's a promise I will come someday and say hello, I must at least see the Deva stadium to know what exactly i am fan of smile.gif Meanwhile I will come pretty much on matchdays to the forum with support to Chester hoping they continue their season as they started.

Ty all and see you around!

+Quote Post
SueC
post Aug 13 2005, 02:34 PM
Post #12

Best DC Exiled Poster for 2007, 2008 & 2009
Group Icon

Member No.: 110

As Elton Blues says above, have a think about joining the Chester Exiles supporters' club. We're just renewing memberships for this season and we do have a handful of fans around the world - one of our latest members is from Sweden!

Have a look at our website (below) for information and I'll send you one of our latest email newsletters if you PM me your email address.

Chester City Exiles.

And on the subject of live commentary of games, I think many L2 clubs provide live commentary and post-match video clips through their Premium TV websites. Chester's official website is not a Premium TV site, but many others are - so you can follow us via the opposition's website. However, it costs money to have this service - although there are offers at various stages of the season.

All the best - hope you continue to enjoy following Chester, but it's not always easy!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pritchard
post Aug 14 2005, 04:12 AM
Post #13

Did you know I'm utterly insane?

Member No.: 1117

QUOTE (Deadraque @ Aug 13 2005, 03:25 PM)
QUOTE (It's not my fault @ Aug 10 2005, 12:42 AM)

Thank you all again to bad they don't play today... Anyway Thank you for the info about the Liverpool airport and more. I have no idea when, perhaps in a few months or perhaps 1-3 years, but I promise that when I come over to the UK (when i have holiday or something) that I will come. As I live in Oostende and have an airport here it would be pretty easy, Not sure if it flies to Liverpool, but I will sure to check this out. And it's a promise I will come someday and say hello, I must at least see the Deva stadium to know what exactly i am fan of smile.gif Meanwhile I will come pretty much on matchdays to the forum with support to Chester hoping they continue their season as they started.

Ty all and see you around!

Just a thought, but i'm sure you could mail-order a season DVD from the club shop (use the drop down menu at the top of the page, 'official site', then look for the queensferry sports bits, it should be there comewhere) if you like management games by the way, try Football manager, it's the best there is wink.gif

also, the BBC stream their local radio stations, the service doesn't always work, and the home matches aren't covered, but when we are away, other regional stations sometimes do commentary, although the service is often offline when this happens, and if it is working it will be incredibly biased on the home teams favour, it's worth a try.

This post has been edited by trublu: Aug 14 2005, 04:12 AM

--------------------
Statistically, 13 out of 13 triskaidekaphobics won't like this joke . .

+Quote Post
Hong Kong Bluey
post Aug 14 2005, 08:48 AM
Post #14

1st team captain
Group Icon

Out of interest Deadraque which Belgian team do you follow?
If you ever decide to visit the sublime surroundings of the Deva Stadium then you'd be more than welcome.
We've had an Aussie flag at the game but never to my knowledge a Belgian one, there's a challenge for you mate! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
3mm
post Aug 14 2005, 09:27 AM
Post #15

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 91

Welcome to Devachat Deadrague smile.gif

With regards to getting to Chester to watch a game, Easyjet do cheap flights into Liverpool, but I think the nearest airports for you are either Paris or Amsterdam, which must be 250km away from Ostend.

As for listening to games on the radio... if you visit this site on Match Days there is usually a thread which covers the game and any radio link is usually found by some bright spark and the link given to it.

Good Luck with your Total Club Manager and stick with Chester!!!!!! smile.gif

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!

+Quote Post
Deadraque
post Aug 18 2005, 06:57 PM
Post #16

Debut

Once again thanks for all info and welcome notes. Sure i will stick with Chester, that's why I never posted before, I wanted to be sure of the feelings for Chester and I like the difficulty. Choosing Manchester or Chelsea wouldn't excite me at all. Probably because I love that Football managing game smile.gif . By the way trublu I do have Football manager there are very much positive points compared to TCM but I like to see a match and take actions while playing, FM doesn't offer the 3D so dislike it pretty much... Text Mode isn't my thing... I can't Wait for the New Total Club Manager that will be released in October.

About the Belgian team that I follow the answer would be None... but if I had to choose from one that I sometimes just watch the scores and standings it would be "Standard de Liége".

And if I am the first Belgian Chester City fan then i keep that honor smile.gif

+Quote Post
angel of the nor...
post Aug 18 2005, 07:07 PM
Post #17

DCs most adored poster :)

Member No.: 800

We also have a couple of lads from Appledoorn in Holland that used to come over
to watch the games but I think the drop in to the conf started to finish the trips over they made. I used to drink in a bar in Furteventura while on holiday going back to our first season in the Deva.
They used to come out every night and always said they would come over to watch the blues,and to their credit they did come a few times.
One of them was Berthal van Megan cant remember the others name but they loved there time here and where suprised at the size of the city .
They thought a place as big would have a team much higher up the divisions and that they thought Chester was a small 20,000 pop sort of town.

--------------------
CFC ,,, BEST IN THE BUSINESS

"So you fancy a trip to Europe do you Dominic?

I heard u got a bit of money 4 me nev?
Come on hand it over to your Uncle Chop Chop, I'm just a bloody normal bloke. A normal bloke who likes a bit of torture

This is what its like to be wxm , this is what its like to be small , this is what its like when your team wins nothing at all . . . nothing at all . . . . . . . . . . . .

don't look at me, don't you f**king look at me

+Quote Post
Hong Kong Bluey
post Aug 18 2005, 09:41 PM
Post #18

1st team captain
Group Icon

QUOTE (Deadraque @ Aug 18 2005, 07:57 PM)
Once again thanks for all info and welcome notes. Sure i will stick with Chester, that's why I never posted before, I wanted to be sure of the feelings for Chester and I like the difficulty. Choosing Manchester or Chelsea wouldn't excite me at all. Probably because I love that Football managing game smile.gif . By the way trublu I do have Football manager there are very much positive points compared to TCM but I like to see a match and take actions while playing, FM doesn't offer the 3D so dislike it pretty much... Text Mode isn't my thing... I can't Wait for the New Total Club Manager that will be released in October.

About the Belgian team that I follow the answer would be None... but if I had to choose from one that I sometimes just watch the scores and standings it would be "Standard de Liége".

And if I am the first Belgian Chester City fan then i keep that honor smile.gif

You are that man sir and you'd be most welcome at the Deva Stadium / Saunders Honda Stadium, be sure to bring a Belgian flag with Chester City on it though!
As for Standard Liege, they're my Belgian team following a visit there when in school!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th July 2020 - 10:10 AM