> Wright interview on Radio Merseyside, City v Slop
Crazy Badger
post Apr 18 2007, 08:39 AM
Post #26

Crazier than a box of...
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 1035

Come on the SV - land the knockout punch!

And once the fight has been won, how about giving some though to retirement whilst you are still winning?

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Big Si
post Apr 18 2007, 04:45 PM
Post #27

Si Dutton
Group Icon

Member No.: 30

QUOTE (Trogdor @ Apr 18 2007, 12:41 AM) *
I really dont know what you people want!! Wright out....F**K OFF the man has been our best manager in the last 10-15 years. Look at the players he has brought in and had to sell, OK there have been some shockers as well namely Rapley and cameron to name just two. But lets have a think on at the quality that wright has brought us over the years, Clare, Stamp, Twiss, Drummond, Davies, Bolland, Hessey, Artell, Harkness im sure im forgetting some other key players. Oh yeah. that welsh international hopeful, local boy, dont really remember his naem, something to do with making him into a class centre back from being a forward, slips my mind now though....

Lets not get carried away with this end of season hang-over, the boys arent playing well cos the season is over, were staying away cos the season is basically over and the quality of the displays is rather poor. Lets give the man until at least 10-15 games in next season before we start calling for his head for god's sake!! And i personally think wright has done exactly the right thing with the youngsters, they need nurturing not flogging! I think some of us forget that our championship manager experience counts for F**K all!

Bring on the calls of Happy clapper!
SEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAALLLS

Your're fighting a losing battle mate. CB finds it hard to accept that others are allowed opinions different to his own, when you don't agree with him you usually get silly abuse back.

The thing I don't understand is....yes we arn't very good at the moment but as Chester supporters we've seen lots worse City teams that this one. At least we can defend. Jesus, under Ian Rush we couldn't defend and had the likes of Atieno, Rapley and Joe o'neil up front so the goals and shots wern't exactly regular occurances either. Keith Curle couldn't organise a defence to save his life and after the initial great football we went games with only 1 shot on target. Under T***y S***h we had all sorts of crap playing for us. And don't get me started on Steve Mungall. We're not a good team at the moment but our league safety is secure which must tell us that we've done pretty well compared to recent history.

--------------------
Cmon City, these are SH*TE

+Quote Post
Ali
post Apr 18 2007, 04:54 PM
Post #28

One step forward, two steps back!
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

I'm guessing there were reasons for some of the players Rush and KC had to/were allowed to sign, I'm sure SV was concerned and rightly so about the players identified. but both seem to have suffered from (as MW has) not being able to strengthen properly when needed, Jesus Rush searched for months to find O'Neil was that his fault or SV's, does Rush not know a striker or could he not get one for £10 a week??

I'm not sure about all the away matches but under KC at home I remember coming away wondering how we'd lost as we'd created enough chances, that doesn't happen with MW, even Rush had an up and at em style that created attempts, maybe your pro-MW views are blinding you to these facts??

+Quote Post
Lobster
post Apr 18 2007, 04:54 PM
Post #29

Just one fool among the shower
Group Icon

Member No.: 203

QUOTE (Big Si @ Apr 18 2007, 04:45 PM) *
The thing I don't understand is....yes we arn't very good at the moment but as Chester supporters we've seen lots worse City teams that this one. At least we can defend.

Some of the goals we've let in recently have been terrible, the three at Hartlepool were a joke.

Under another manager, this may be tolerated, but Wright doesn't help himself by coming across as obnoxious and bullying. I have to admit, deep down, the main reason I want him to be sacked is because I don't like the man and I think it would be funny to hear his pathetic splutterings of unfairness afterwards. And personally, I think the current side is worse than Rush's.

+Quote Post
Big Si
post Apr 18 2007, 05:09 PM
Post #30

Si Dutton
Group Icon

QUOTE (Ali @ Apr 18 2007, 05:54 PM) *
I'm guessing there were reasons for some of the players Rush and KC had to/were allowed to sign, I'm sure SV was concerned and rightly so about the players identified. but both seem to have suffered from (as MW has) not being able to strengthen properly when needed, Jesus Rush searched for months to find O'Neil was that his fault or SV's, does Rush not know a striker or could he not get one for £10 a week??

I'm not sure about all the away matches but under KC at home I remember coming away wondering how we'd lost as we'd created enough chances, that doesn't happen with MW, even Rush had an up and at em style that created attempts, maybe your pro-MW views are blinding you to these facts??

I'm not that much in favour of Wright. I have lots of reservations about him and recently it's not been good enough but I've seen worse teams. Under Curle and Rush we were heading out of the league, we've never been in serious danger of relegation this season because at least Wright knows how to organise a team. Curle couldn't organise his team at the back and we struggled to score goals after Christmas, and I really don't remember too many games where we had lots of chances. I'm not saying I'm a big fan of Wright, I'm saying I've seen lots more showers of SH*TE than this one in recent years, at least this team is organised and wasn't heading towards relegation.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fathead The Glad...
post Apr 18 2007, 05:23 PM
Post #31

Reserve skipper

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 1749

QUOTE (Big Si @ Apr 18 2007, 06:09 PM) *

I'm not that much in favour of Wright. I have lots of reservations about him and recently it's not been good enough but I've seen worse teams. Under Curle and Rush we were heading out of the league, we've never been in serious danger of relegation this season because at least Wright knows how to organise a team. Curle couldn't organise his team at the back and we struggled to score goals after Christmas, and I really don't remember too many games where we had lots of chances. I'm not saying I'm a big fan of Wright, I'm saying I've seen lots more showers of SH*TE than this one in recent years, at least this team is organised and wasn't heading towards relegation.

How do you explain the mega drop in attendances recently then?If you're right we should have been getting a few hundred more than we have judging by our position.Bore ball?

--------------------
North Wales Chester FC Supporters Group

+Quote Post
Big Si
post Apr 18 2007, 05:28 PM
Post #32

Si Dutton
Group Icon

QUOTE (Fathead The Gladiator @ Apr 18 2007, 06:23 PM) *

How do you explain the mega drop in attendances recently then?If you're right we should have been getting a few hundred more than we have judging by our position.Bore ball?

Because it's not very entertaining. But at times it's been effective for us. The lack of entertainment and personal agendas have led to the demise of crowds. I'd rather watch that team than the shambles I've seen under other managers. If crowds continue to fall then Wright may have to be sacked for the good of the club, I just don't necessarily agree that this is the worse team in the clubs history.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ali
post Apr 18 2007, 05:32 PM
Post #33

One step forward, two steps back!
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

I didn't want Rush appointed I thought it was another poor decision from SV, was he start struck, did Rush interview well I don't know but it was obviously a massive risk at that point in time, would we have gone down probably and the football was dire towards the end but I don't think he was supported when he needed to be!!

KC seemed a better appointment if he'd learnt from his second season mistakes at Mansfield, would we have gone down I'm not sure, would we be better off now I can't say but once again I don't think he was supported when he needed to be!!

I didn't want MW, I'd seen a lot of dull stuff under him in a lower league and he had a history of causing turmoil at the club (which he's still doing), having said that he knows how to keep a side up and he will win enough games to steady the ship, is he the man to get us challenging I really doubt unless he has a change of heart in his ideas, he's definitely causing more problems than he's solving at the moment and if SV has a brain he'll tell him to wind his neck in with these constant attacks on the fans, is that everyone pulling together, is it worse than what Bear did because I think so??

I don't like him as a manger I don't really care what he does off the pitch as long as he can produce a team that isn't as negative, I really don't think he knows any better and with the experience he should have gained i think that will end up his undoing, if you can't keep learning you're dead!!

+Quote Post
Banksy
post Apr 18 2007, 05:44 PM
Post #34

Banksy's Profile

Member No.: 1169

Listening to this again..

If he believes that the people causing unrest are in the minority, why is making such a big thing about it?

The majority rule don't they so what's he worried about?

Sad to say Mark, you've got your fact wrong. The crowd have backed the youngsters, obviously you cannot hear the applause for the young lads each game. The fact is the crowd are giving you stick idiot - I saw the look you gave the back of the main stand on Saturday.

You really are brave aren't you for playing 4 youngsters, despite us calling for them to be playing anyway.

Fans being Disruptive? My a**e, you don't know the meaning of the word!!!!

3 wins in the last 18 games, wasn't Keith Curle sacked for having a very very similar run?

How can you defend such an abysmal run?

I have nevr gone into a game plaing for a draw - errrr Wr**h*m away? shrewsbury home?

WE have been championing Rutherford & Holroyd for ages now, so why leave them out when we were waving bye bye to the play offs with dire performances.

You say we're not good enough to keep the ball on the flloor? What a master of confidence boosting you are!!!

Senior players need to look at themselves? I think you need to take a look at yourself and just see how you are sending all the blues fans off football in droves.

"Go Now"

This post has been edited by Banksy: Apr 18 2007, 05:45 PM

--------------------
Follow my Twitter @Banks247 / Facebook JB

One Voice, One Passion

I am a Chester fan...I am a Cestrian

CHESTER FC - EVO-STIK FIRST DIVISION NORTH CHAMPIONS 2010/11, EVO-STIK PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2011/12, BLUE SQUARE NORTH CHAMPIONS 2012/13

Our Community, Our City, Our Club.

Jeff Banks - Media Volunteer

+Quote Post
Mancot Blue
post Apr 18 2007, 05:46 PM
Post #35

Group Icon

Member No.: 173

QUOTE (Banksy @ Apr 18 2007, 06:44 PM) *

I think you'll find the man defines the word 'disruptive'!!

+Quote Post
Fathead The Glad...
post Apr 18 2007, 06:03 PM
Post #36

Reserve skipper

QUOTE (Big Si @ Apr 18 2007, 06:28 PM) *
QUOTE (Fathead The Gladiator @ Apr 18 2007, 06:23 PM) *

Because it's not very entertaining. But at times it's been effective for us. The lack of entertainment and personal agendas have led to the demise of crowds. I'd rather watch that team than the shambles I've seen under other managers. If crowds continue to fall then Wright may have to be sacked for the good of the club, I just don't necessarily agree that this is the worse team in the clubs history.

I'd agree that this isn't the worst team i have seen,but yes,it is the most unentertaining,and that is the Wright way at the moment as he stressed in the 15 minutes of drivel.He is negative because he has no belief in the players, including the youngsters,he wants Vaughan to open up the wallet again in the close season.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fathead The Glad...
post Apr 18 2007, 06:05 PM
Post #37

Reserve skipper

If he believes that the people causing unrest are in the minority, why is making such a big thing about it?

Sad to say Mark, you've got your fact wrong. The crowd have backed the youngsters, obviously you cannot hear the applause for the young lads each game. The fact is the crowd are giving you stick idiot - I saw the look you gave the back of the main stand on Saturday.

You really are brave aren't you for playing 4 youngsters, despite us calling for them to be playing anyway.

3 wins in the last 18 games, wasn't Keith Curle sacked for having a very very similar run?

I have nevr gone into a game plaing for a draw - errrr Wr**h*m away? shrewsbury home?

WE have been championing Rutherford & Holroyd for ages now, so why leave them out when we were waving bye bye to the play offs with dire performances.

You say we're not good enough to keep the ball on the flloor? What a master of confidence boosting you are!!!

Senior players need to look at themselves? I think you need to take a look at yourself and just see how you are sending all the blues fans off football in droves.

"Go Now"

A very good analysis. I couldn't be bothered dissecting it as closely as that as it seemed the ramblings of a desperate man.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cooky
post Apr 18 2007, 09:23 PM
Post #38

Chester legend
Group Icon

Member No.: 701

"Go Now"

bowdown.gif Top Post bowdown.gif

+Quote Post
3mm
post Apr 19 2007, 07:26 AM
Post #39

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 91

Absolute bottom line. Managers are ultimately judged on results.

3 wins in the last 18 games is relegation form.

Obviously, that is not good enough.

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!

+Quote Post
CCFC Monkey
post Apr 19 2007, 02:33 PM
Post #40

*** Crazy Seal ***

Member No.: 1592

Im dissapointed in you Wright!!! Least you could do is get your a**e off the frickin bench!!!

None of us are critical of the youth, we've been screamin for you to play them for months!!

We are doing the right things on the pitch, but not quick enough. We are finding the space, and creating opportunity but not quick enough... no urgency!!

We do well when we pass the ball mixed, through short an long passes.... Please stop tryin to force the long ball forward constantly PLEASE, switch the ball look for the wide players in space instead of bangin it forward... its so agonizing to watch hence the crap crowds!! Football fans are fickle. But I've been there from start to finish.

I understand your doing all you can with what you have, but at the end of the day your the boss

GOOD LUCK!!

--------------------
“All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring; renewed shall be blade that was broken, the crownless again shall be king.”

+Quote Post
Caergwrle Blue
post Apr 19 2007, 11:33 PM
Post #41

1st team legend
Group Icon

Member No.: 1308

QUOTE (Big Si @ Apr 18 2007, 04:45 PM) *
QUOTE (Trogdor @ Apr 18 2007, 12:41 AM) *
I really dont know what you people want!! Wright out....F**K OFF the man has been our best manager in the last 10-15 years. Look at the players he has brought in and had to sell, OK there have been some shockers as well namely Rapley and cameron to name just two. But lets have a think on at the quality that wright has brought us over the years, Clare, Stamp, Twiss, Drummond, Davies, Bolland, Hessey, Artell, Harkness im sure im forgetting some other key players. Oh yeah. that welsh international hopeful, local boy, dont really remember his naem, something to do with making him into a class centre back from being a forward, slips my mind now though....

Lets not get carried away with this end of season hang-over, the boys arent playing well cos the season is over, were staying away cos the season is basically over and the quality of the displays is rather poor. Lets give the man until at least 10-15 games in next season before we start calling for his head for god's sake!! And i personally think wright has done exactly the right thing with the youngsters, they need nurturing not flogging! I think some of us forget that our championship manager experience counts for F**K all!

Bring on the calls of Happy clapper!
SEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAALLLS

Your're fighting a losing battle mate. CB finds it hard to accept that others are allowed opinions different to his own, when you don't agree with him you usually get silly abuse back.

The thing I don't understand is....yes we arn't very good at the moment but as Chester supporters we've seen lots worse City teams that this one. At least we can defend. Jesus, under Ian Rush we couldn't defend and had the likes of Atieno, Rapley and Joe o'neil up front so the goals and shots wern't exactly regular occurances either. Keith Curle couldn't organise a defence to save his life and after the initial great football we went games with only 1 shot on target. Under T***y S***h we had all sorts of crap playing for us. And don't get me started on Steve Mungall. We're not a good team at the moment but our league safety is secure which must tell us that we've done pretty well compared to recent history.

Absolute rubbish.Cant remember ever sayin you weren't allowed your opinion on SVj,no matter how much i disagreed with it.

You know as well as i do that this club is going nowhere fast with Wright at the helm,wether you back him or not.The writing was on the wall from day one with his reapointment and its a sad,sad state of affairs that the fans are split.People aren't going for numerous reasons and i'm not alone in giving the rest of the season a miss.Fair play to all those willing to endure any more this season,they deserve a medal.I've never felt so low with regards to this club.

Just hope the young lads give a good display of themselves for those still going this season.They should have been given a chance months ago.

Will i still go next year?Yes,but it would be much better for this club if a fresh face replaced Wright,far too much baggage and cant see him still being in the hot seat myself.Ah well,i can wish.

--------------------
ANDY MILNER I SALUTE YOU

LONG LIVE THE SEALS

Here comes the wise man
And there goes the fool
You see that burnt out world that he is living in
I don't need to look for the rules
Here comes the donkey
Chained to a ten ton plough
He'll never make that hill in a million years
Whip crack beating down

+Quote Post
Banksy
post Aug 23 2008, 11:09 PM
Post #42

Banksy's Profile

QUOTE (Mancot Shrew @ Apr 17 2007, 04:07 PM) *
The negative remarks around me were made towards the style of play, not to any of the young, or otherwise, players.

I think we have established that MW is talking complete b*ll*cks to try and save his back, once again. It's either the supporters or the referee...

Funny how some people change their opinions of Mark wright isn't it?

If anyone should be in any doubt of MW returning to the club, they should read this thread!

--------------------

One Voice, One Passion

CHESTER FC - EVO-STIK FIRST DIVISION NORTH CHAMPIONS 2010/11, EVO-STIK PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2011/12, BLUE SQUARE NORTH CHAMPIONS 2012/13

+Quote Post
Bluesontop
post Aug 23 2008, 11:10 PM
Post #43

H Block..................
Group Icon

Member No.: 1942

QUOTE (Banksy @ Aug 24 2008, 12:09 AM) *
QUOTE (Mancot Shrew @ Apr 17 2007, 04:07 PM) *
The negative remarks around me were made towards the style of play, not to any of the young, or otherwise, players.

I think we have established that MW is talking complete b*ll*cks to try and save his back, once again. It's either the supporters or the referee...

Funny how some people change their opinions of Mark wright isn't it?

If anyone should be in any doubt of MW returning to the club, they should read this thread!

Are you bored ?

--------------------
Chester City FC The pride of the North West

Colin Potts is a tramp.

+Quote Post
Mancot Blue
post Aug 23 2008, 11:11 PM
Post #44

Group Icon

Very petty. You must be bored tonight.

That was my reaction to one post-match interview. At the end of the day, MW will sort us out on the pitch. I don't think anybody can deny that scraping 1-0 wins and 0-0 draws are much better than an embarrassing thumping every week.

+Quote Post
Banksy
post Aug 23 2008, 11:16 PM
Post #45

Banksy's Profile

Actually yes, I'm bored!

I had a real good root through the posts concerning Mr Wright's tenure at the club, and funny that you slate him quite a few times MB yet you are delighted to see him possibly returning, you too BOT!!

Double standards?

Some of us don't change our minds you know, but others such as yourselves are proving to be rather fickle.

This post has been edited by Banksy: Aug 23 2008, 11:32 PM

--------------------

One Voice, One Passion

+Quote Post
Ron Seal
post Aug 23 2008, 11:17 PM
Post #46

1st team legend

Member No.: 3504

QUOTE (Mancot Shrew @ Apr 18 2007, 06:46 PM) *

I think you'll find the man defines the word 'disruptive'!!

Hahahahahahahahaha. What a moron you are Mancot.

Not changed your stance at all have you? You really are a joke.

+Quote Post
Mancot Blue
post Aug 23 2008, 11:19 PM
Post #47

Group Icon

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn.

Let's keep Simon Davies in charge and get relegated then shall we? Lowest points total ever? Fewest amount of goals scored ever? Most goals conceded ever?

+Quote Post
Banksy
post Aug 23 2008, 11:20 PM
Post #48

Banksy's Profile

QUOTE (Mancot Blue @ Aug 24 2008, 12:19 AM) *
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn.

Let's keep Simon Davies in charge and get relegated then shall we? Lowest points total ever? Fewest amount of goals scored ever? Most goals conceded ever?

I'm not saying keep Davies in charge, just there are better options than bringing MW back.

Look forwards not backwards SV, sorry MB!

This post has been edited by Banksy: Aug 23 2008, 11:21 PM

--------------------

One Voice, One Passion

+Quote Post
Bluesontop
post Aug 23 2008, 11:20 PM
Post #49

H Block..................
Group Icon

Member No.: 1942

QUOTE (Banksy @ Aug 24 2008, 12:16 AM) *
Actually yes, I'm bored!

I hadf a real good root through the posts concerning Mr Wright's tenure at the club, and funny that you slate him quite a few times MB yet you are delighted to see him possibly returning, you too BOT!!

Double standards?

Some of us don't change our minds you know, but others such as yourselves are proving to be rather fickle.

Show me where I have posted anything about MW returning. Making those assumptions again Banksy ? rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Chester City FC The pride of the North West

Colin Potts is a tramp.

+Quote Post
MissEmmaC-x
post Aug 23 2008, 11:22 PM
Post #50

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 3603

It doesnt work for me?

--------------------
CCFC Babessssss ♥

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th November 2019 - 07:46 PM