Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 42

...in Macclesfield!!
Just saw these on their forum:

Ron_Ipstone Posted on 12/06/2017 12:09
PROTEST!
Report Message | Email Message To A Friend | Reply To Message

It has now been agreed that the best time for a protest is the last Saturday home game this coming September (2017).

I have been wondering what form of protest we should adopt and have found this old thread when we last had a mega-protest back in early 2008.

Who can forget the Morecambe game protest of 5th January 2008? I certainly can't. It is seared deeply into my conscious and subconscious memory.

Our club was destroyed in 2008. We protested like only we can. We not only survived but thrived by moving on to broad sunlight uplands.

Anyway, we can look at this thread for some ideas as to the form of protest our 2017 protest should take.

P.s. Like English Sam in 2008, I will be away for the 2017 protest but I am sure the protest will be a dramatic and newsworthy one.

Cheeseburger Posted on 13/06/2017 22:04
This Is what we need! Edited On: 13/06/2017 22:07

I guess the terms of all contracts will be determined by the playing budget available and we already know this is one of the smallest in the league (and is probably reduced further for 2017/18 due to reduced attendances). Any additional moneys earned from our FA Cup & FA Trophy runs last season are being used to re-pay the so-called "loans" to our owner - who clearly chooses to put his own interests before those of the club - rather than investing in the team.

It's ironic that we're losing players to AFC Chester - a phoenix club that's risen in 7 short years since the demise of Chester City FC after incompetent ownership. Maybe that's the way forward for MTFC? Many of our volunteers and supporters would follow an AFC Macclesfield Town with the same enthusiasm & passion as we do MTFC. At least we'd have some ambition and expectation of progress rather than treading water and being held to ransom by disinterested owners. And, with someone like SJA at the helm, we could realistically expect to show ambition to get back to the Conference within 10 years. And then press on ... without the shackles of Amar Alkhadi holding us back.

The alternative is, I'm afraid, death by a thousand cuts.

This post has been edited by Devon Blue: Jun 14 2017, 01:42 AM

--------------------
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>COME ON YOU BLUES! </span>
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Canadian Exile
post Jun 14 2017, 02:01 AM
Post #2

Transatlantic member
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 1207

Has a familiar ring to it.

--------------------
Posting from the Great White North

+Quote Post
RioTheBallBoy
post Jun 14 2017, 06:07 AM
Post #3

Youth team

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 12774

Not looking good for them is it.

--------------------
Once A Blue, Always A Blue

+Quote Post
1967 blue
post Jun 14 2017, 06:34 AM
Post #4

Debut

Member No.: 12761

QUOTE (Devon Blue @ Jun 14 2017, 02:37 AM) *
...in Macclesfield!!
Just saw these on their forum:

Ron_Ipstone Posted on 12/06/2017 12:09
PROTEST!

It has now been agreed that the best time for a protest is the last Saturday home game this coming September (2017).

I have been wondering what form of protest we should adopt and have found this old thread when we last had a mega-protest back in early 2008.

Who can forget the Morecambe game protest of 5th January 2008? I certainly can't. It is seared deeply into my conscious and subconscious memory.

Our club was destroyed in 2008. We protested like only we can. We not only survived but thrived by moving on to broad sunlight uplands.

Anyway, we can look at this thread for some ideas as to the form of protest our 2017 protest should take.

P.s. Like English Sam in 2008, I will be away for the 2017 protest but I am sure the protest will be a dramatic and newsworthy one.

Cheeseburger Posted on 13/06/2017 22:04
This Is what we need! Edited On: 13/06/2017 22:07

I guess the terms of all contracts will be determined by the playing budget available and we already know this is one of the smallest in the league (and is probably reduced further for 2017/18 due to reduced attendances). Any additional moneys earned from our FA Cup & FA Trophy runs last season are being used to re-pay the so-called "loans" to our owner - who clearly chooses to put his own interests before those of the club - rather than investing in the team.

It's ironic that we're losing players to AFC Chester - a phoenix club that's risen in 7 short years since the demise of Chester City FC after incompetent ownership. Maybe that's the way forward for MTFC? Many of our volunteers and supporters would follow an AFC Macclesfield Town with the same enthusiasm & passion as we do MTFC. At least we'd have some ambition and expectation of progress rather than treading water and being held to ransom by disinterested owners. And, with someone like SJA at the helm, we could realistically expect to show ambition to get back to the Conference within 10 years. And then press on ... without the shackles of Amar Alkhadi holding us back.

The alternative is, I'm afraid, death by a thousand cuts.

Losing players to AFC CHESTER!!!!
Who are they?

+Quote Post
shunter blue
post Jun 14 2017, 08:14 AM
Post #5

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 9054

Bloody hell ...... and this is a team that are regularly challenging for play-offs and always have a top half finish.

They'd be rioting in the silk market if they'd just had a season like us.

All the players that have joined us will not be missed according to their forum.

+Quote Post
chester2004
post Jun 14 2017, 08:17 AM
Post #6

YTS Trainee

Member No.: 12773

one of the best teams to play us at home last season they played us off the pitch

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Jun 14 2017, 09:12 AM
Post #7

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 8970

QUOTE (chester2004 @ Jun 14 2017, 09:17 AM) *
one of the best teams to play us at home last season they played us off the pitch

they did, I remember thinking, I wish we could play like this, well maybe this year we can .

+Quote Post
Barney Daniels B...
post Jun 15 2017, 09:51 PM
Post #8

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 5404

I assume they have been overspending recently and now its time to balance the books . National league is about all they can expect on their attendances . They are losing an awful lot of players and cant see anything but a difficult season for them .

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Jun 15 2017, 10:24 PM
Post #9

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 8970

Sounds like they may have some money worries, fans don't seem happy with owner

+Quote Post
shunter blue
post Jun 17 2017, 07:05 AM
Post #10

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 9054

QUOTE (EltonblueS @ Jun 15 2017, 11:24 PM) *
Sounds like they may have some money worries, fans don't seem happy with owner

I think it's more to do with the situation that their owner, Amar Alkadhi, has gone missing. They've sold players this season and had cup runs, but their supporters are complaining that none of that money has been used to strengthen the team.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 12:59 AM