Deva Chat - Guess who's back? Back again? DC's back. Tell a friend.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> what date did I join, I joined today
EltonblueS
post Jun 19 2017, 06:03 AM
Post #51

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 8970

QUOTE (3mm @ Jun 18 2017, 06:52 PM) *
Shunter, given the players we've signed so far, are you feeling more positive about the forthcoming season, or might Jon McCarthy be mentioning you on local radio again? wink.gif

I'm a big fan of John McCarthy, I think he's a smart guy who gets the fan ownership thing , especially given his previous roles at the club, but I have to say that rant about Shunter
was a bit foolish IMO. When a team isn't playing well, individuals are going to get stick especially on a fans forum, Sack the manager, sack the chairman, such & such isn't good enough,
its all going to be said and some of us may even go a bit ott at times especially on a Saturday night after a home loss and a few too many beers, That's a fans forum for ye take it or leave it
but if I was manager I would be asking my players to leave it TBH
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
shunter blue
post Jun 19 2017, 09:37 AM
Post #52

Reserve skipper

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 9054

QUOTE (3mm @ Jun 18 2017, 06:52 PM) *
Shunter, given the players we've signed so far, are you feeling more positive about the forthcoming season, or might Jon McCarthy be mentioning you on local radio again? wink.gif

When I was told that Jon had mentioned me on local radio on 1st April I was at Plainmoor, but was so ecstatic that we'd stolen the points that I largely thought it was an April fool's situation. I don't know what he said, but my pal Bernard Conacannon texted me to say that he couldn't stop laughing. I speak to Jon quite regularly and I last spoke to him the morning that Kingsley was signed and he said expect a signing this afternoon. I though he was referring to Ryan Lloyd, but was wrong. It's difficult not to like Jon and I'm wishing him all the best. That's not to say that losing 8 consecutive home games wasn't dreadful. I'm only guessing why that happened, but believe that the cause has been dealt with. I can't wait for the season to start. I expect this team to be better than last and I'm happy that we have much better striking options. I've been on the Silkmen forum and their fans have said that the players we've taken from them are distinctly average, but they also think that they are a bigger club than us, which is clearly laughable. I'll wait and see, but I'm under no illusions that after Kingsley had been sent off at Southport at Christmas time he was poor from then on. Every season brings a fresh challenge and people tell me that I say every year 'that that's me finished', but I always renew my season ticket. Last year I complained on here that when I went for my season ticket on 7/7/16 we hadn't signed a single player and got dog's abuse from among others Ron Seal. I'm happy that we've done our business early. Bring it on.

This post has been edited by shunter blue: Jun 19 2017, 09:38 AM

+Quote Post
Derry Exile
post Jun 19 2017, 09:50 AM
Post #53

I'm not Irish!

Member No.: 1413

Hello...

--------------------
"Derry Exile, he speaks for the Nation!" - Elwood P Dowd 24/11/07

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Jun 19 2017, 09:58 AM
Post #54

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 8970

QUOTE (Derry Exile @ Jun 19 2017, 10:50 AM) *
Hello...

it worked then

+Quote Post
PeteyP
post Jun 20 2017, 06:39 PM
Post #55

YTS Trainee

Member No.: 8449

I was also banned off this forum for saying Hobson wasn't good enough. I was called a WUM and all sorts. I can't help but now think whoever it was who banned me felt a bit stupid in the end when it turned out I was right and Hobson was moved on.

--------------------
IF HE AINT MR RIGHT. TURN OFF YOUR LIGHT

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th June 2017 - 03:26 AM