Deva Chat - 18 seasons as the voice of the city

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Forest Green Rangers promotion, Why is a cup awarded?
JamesDee
post May 18 2017, 08:59 AM
Post #1

JamesDee

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 3729

Why is a cup awarded at Wembley to Forest Green Rangers for winning over Tranmere? That is for second place because Lincoln City won this years National Conference League. You don't give cups for coming second do you? What award for their trophy display cabinet did Lincoln City get and when was this awarded and where? ?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sumosteve
post May 18 2017, 09:06 AM
Post #2

Debut

Member No.: 12213

QUOTE (JamesDee @ May 18 2017, 09:59 AM) *
Why is a cup awarded at Wembley to Forest Green Rangers for winning over Tranmere? That is for second place because Lincoln City won this years National Conference League. You don't give cups for coming second do you? What award for their trophy display cabinet did Lincoln City get and when was this awarded and where? ?

It is a runners up trophy.

+Quote Post
Lobster
post May 18 2017, 09:12 AM
Post #3

Just one fool among the shower
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 203

I think it's Question Time with JamesDee this morning! laugh.gif

Playoff winners always get a trophy I think, and I'm pretty sure there's a trophy for coming second in a league if it results in promotion. They're just rarely presented at games because usually, a team finishing second is not really an event that can be planned for in advance.

+Quote Post
JamesDee
post May 18 2017, 09:55 AM
Post #4

JamesDee

QUOTE (XWWB @ May 18 2017, 06:42 PM) *

Playoff winners always get a trophy I think, and I'm pretty sure there's a trophy for coming second in a league if it results in promotion. They're just rarely presented at games because usually, a team finishing second is not really an event that can be planned for in advance.

Just trying to do my duty as a member of Deva Chat by keeping it alive in the quiet season, just as your welcome response contributes with its humour. I must now try to think up some other questions.

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post May 18 2017, 10:29 AM
Post #5

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 8970

QUOTE (JamesDee @ May 18 2017, 10:55 AM) *

Just trying to do my duty as a member of Deva Chat by keeping it alive in the quiet season, just as your welcome response contributes with its humour. I must now try to think up some other questions.

A more important question you should ask is why wont Barry (devachat1) or Campbell (krankie) allow anyone else to take over the duties of running devachat. If you got time look at their posts from the early days it's clear that they both put a lot of effort into this forum there own names are also used on occasions , it's also clear that a lot of users have donated to the upkeep of the site. I understand the effort these guys have put in but it's my view this site belongs to all of us , and if they don't want to participate anymore that's fine but please allow someone else to take over rather than letting this site die

+Quote Post
JamesDee
post May 19 2017, 12:51 AM
Post #6

JamesDee

QUOTE (EltonblueS @ May 18 2017, 07:59 PM) *
QUOTE (JamesDee @ May 18 2017, 10:55 AM) *

A more important question you should ask is why wont Barry (devachat1) or Campbell (krankie) allow anyone else to take over the duties of running devachat. If you got time look at their posts from the early days it's clear that they both put a lot of effort into this forum there own names are also used on occasions , it's also clear that a lot of users have donated to the upkeep of the site. I understand the effort these guys have put in but it's my view this site belongs to all of us , and if they don't want to participate anymore that's fine but please allow someone else to take over rather than letting this site die

How and where would one do that? In any case are Barry (devachat1) and Campbell (krankie) fit and well persons? If people can not make contact with them how would anyone know? Someone needs to definitely make contact with them if that is possible. If not and that does not happen then what happens in those circumstances?

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post May 19 2017, 12:44 PM
Post #7

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 8970

to search members posts, click on members top right hand of page under donate button, then on the members page enter in the begins with box the members name i.e devachat, click on this and it will bring up the member profile, in the drop down box click view posts and you can view all that members posts, if you click the last arrow you will get to the oldest posts first.

+Quote Post
JamesDee
post May 19 2017, 01:42 PM
Post #8

JamesDee

QUOTE (EltonblueS @ May 19 2017, 10:14 PM) *
to search members posts, click on members top right hand of page under donate button, then on the members page enter in the begins with box the members name i.e devachat, click on this and it will bring up the member profile, in the drop down box click view posts and you can view all that members posts, if you click the last arrow you will get to the oldest posts first.

Thanks EltonblueS.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th December 2017 - 08:02 AM