Deva Chat - 18 seasons as the voice of the city

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Have Wrexham got an insider at BBC Football?
3mm
post Jan 27 2017, 02:45 PM
Post #1

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Group: DC Moderators
Member No.: 91

Have Wrexham got an insider at BBC Football? If you look at the current National League page on BBC Football

Tomorrows fixtures.... they're all in alphabetical order but Wrexham v Boreham Wood is at the top (?)

The highlighted stories ... Wrexham v Boreham Wood is the game featured as having live coverage.

Audio and Video... Keates looking to take Wrexham forward.

Features ... Keates has got Wrexham at heart.

Odd.

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ANDERS
post Jan 27 2017, 03:04 PM
Post #2

Swedish Midfield Dynamo

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 2647

Might get a bit of extra coverage through BBC Wales?

We’re a bit of an odd one out as well as Ged Scott sometimes is a live reporter at our games for them. Most reports at our level are supplied by the Press Association these days but that's not always the case with ourselves. I didn't notice it until after the North Ferriby home game where the report included a picture from the game that he'd taken himself.

--------------------
"We were lucky then, it's a good job he's sh*te!"

+Quote Post
MMc
post Jan 27 2017, 03:42 PM
Post #3

1st team sub

Member No.: 10870

Definitely. I remember asking myself this same question about a year ago. Every weekend without fail their preview is up first, and the national league page contains more content on them than any other team. (Even when we had the likes of Luton, Bristol Rovers etc.. They certainly get more coverage than the rest.

+Quote Post
The Annexe
post Jan 27 2017, 03:45 PM
Post #4

1st team regular

Member No.: 1471

Think it's simply because of BBC Wales ... for home games they always seem to be the first game reported.

--------------------
The difference between what I write and what I think I write is in the eye of the beholder.

+Quote Post
wxmred
post Jan 27 2017, 04:10 PM
Post #5

Squad player

Member No.: 4576

How sad. BBC is all South Wales, If we ever won the FA Cup it would be, and finally Wrexham won the FA Cup, Goodnight.

+Quote Post
truliblue
post Jan 27 2017, 04:29 PM
Post #6

1st team sub

Member No.: 3852

QUOTE (wxmred @ Jan 27 2017, 04:10 PM) *
How sad. BBC is all South Wales, If we ever won the FA Cup it would be, and finally Wrexham won the FA Cup, Goodnight.

All the top Welsh registered teams play in Wales and Europe.TNS ,Bangor City, Newtown etc ..... The exception being Swansea,Cardiff and Newport County who are all top league teams. Wrexham F.C are a full time non league team plying their trade in the Conference.As they say you are who you are no matter how you garnish your views .Less we forget The top Welsh teams qualify to play in Europe and are proud to do so.

+Quote Post
wxmred
post Jan 27 2017, 04:36 PM
Post #7

Squad player

QUOTE (truliblue @ Jan 27 2017, 04:29 PM) *

All the top Welsh registered teams play in Wales and Europe.TNS ,Bangor City, Newtown etc ..... The exception being Swansea,Cardiff and Newport County who are all top league teams. Wrexham F.C are a full time non league team plying their trade in the Conference.As they say you are who you are no matter how you garnish your views .Less we forget The top Welsh teams qualify to play in Europe and are proud to do so.

I agree with you BUT the Welsh FA wont let Wrexham and the other teams play in Europe unless we join the Welsh Premier League, and none of us want to.

+Quote Post
truliblue
post Jan 27 2017, 05:55 PM
Post #8

1st team sub

Member No.: 3852

QUOTE (wxmred @ Jan 27 2017, 04:36 PM) *

I agree with you BUT the Welsh FA wont let Wrexham and the other teams play in Europe unless we join the Welsh Premier League, and none of us want to.

That must make you an English Football Club with your ground in Wales ?

+Quote Post
wxmred
post Jan 27 2017, 06:01 PM
Post #9

Squad player

QUOTE (truliblue @ Jan 27 2017, 05:55 PM) *

I have no problem with that, Just like you should have no problem with part of your ground being in Wales.
Like I said on another thread, you can have some good banter on here.

+Quote Post
Fathead The Glad...
post Jan 27 2017, 10:33 PM
Post #10

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 1749

QUOTE (wxmred @ Jan 27 2017, 06:01 PM) *
QUOTE (truliblue @ Jan 27 2017, 05:55 PM) *

I have no problem with that, Just like you should have no problem with part of your ground being in Wales.
Like I said on another thread, you can have some good banter on here.

The Football League is the draw for discerning football supporters. WPL is entertaining, but of a lower standard and of little attraction to long established clubs like Chester and Wrexham.

--------------------
North Wales Chester FC Supporters Group

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Jan 27 2017, 10:52 PM
Post #11

Club Director
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 2595

Why not? Your supporters make a great thing of their "Welshness" Just think, you could do a "TNS" and romp away with the the Welsh PL and be in Europe every season! rolleyes.gif

--------------------
NEIL FISHER I AM NOT WORTHY

+Quote Post
3mm
post Feb 3 2017, 03:02 PM
Post #12

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Doing it again today, all the games are in alphabetical order, but Wrexham v Guiseley is the featured game at the top wink.gif

BBC Football

--------------------

+Quote Post
Moody Blue
post Feb 3 2017, 04:10 PM
Post #13

Youth team

Member No.: 3837

QUOTE (3mm @ Feb 3 2017, 03:02 PM) *
Doing it again today, all the games are in alphabetical order, but Wrexham v Guiseley is the featured game at the top wink.gif

BBC Football

Have they changed their name to AFC Wrexham? I'm sure I've seen it written like that recently. That should still mean they are listed behind Aldershot though.

+Quote Post
3mm
post Feb 3 2017, 04:20 PM
Post #14

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

QUOTE (Moody Blue @ Feb 3 2017, 04:10 PM) *

BBC Football

Have they changed their name to AFC Wrexham? I'm sure I've seen it written like that recently. That should still mean they are listed behind Aldershot though.

It's odd!

--------------------

+Quote Post
open yer eyes ma...
post Feb 3 2017, 05:44 PM
Post #15

Devachat Fantasy Football Champion 09/10

Member No.: 850

QUOTE (3mm @ Feb 3 2017, 04:20 PM) *

BBC Football

It's odd!

Is it a regional thing when you log on, the website finds the isp you are connected to and automatically does it, just a thought. Perhaps someone from down south could have a look and see which one comes up first.

This post has been edited by open yer eyes man: Feb 3 2017, 05:45 PM

--------------------
Down on their knees
Begging us please
Praying that we don't exist

We exist

+Quote Post
ShrewdBlue
post Feb 3 2017, 05:49 PM
Post #16

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 1535

QUOTE (open yer eyes man @ Feb 3 2017, 06:44 PM) *

BBC Football

It's odd!

Is it a regional thing when you log on, the website finds the isp you are connected to and automatically does it, just a thought. Perhaps someone from down south could have a look and see which one comes up first.

I'm down south and Wrexham v Guiseley is 1st with the rest alphabetical.

+Quote Post
open yer eyes ma...
post Feb 3 2017, 06:49 PM
Post #17

Devachat Fantasy Football Champion 09/10

Member No.: 850

QUOTE (ShrewdBlue @ Feb 3 2017, 05:49 PM) *
QUOTE (open yer eyes man @ Feb 3 2017, 06:44 PM) *

BBC Football

It's odd!

I'm down south and Wrexham v Guiseley is 1st with the rest alphabetical.

In that case, maybe the question should be asked of the BBC

--------------------
Down on their knees
Begging us please
Praying that we don't exist

We exist

+Quote Post
3mm
post Feb 4 2017, 04:57 PM
Post #18

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Wrexhams match report is already on BBC football. And so it continues...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mustafa Sandal
post Feb 5 2017, 06:24 PM
Post #19

Squad player

Member No.: 5555

To be honest you should be more concerned that Wrexham are now above Chester in the one place it matters, the Leauge Table despite being about nine points behind just a few weeks back. Where anybody appears on a web page is just not important.

+Quote Post
3mm
post Feb 5 2017, 06:38 PM
Post #20

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

QUOTE (Mustafa Sandal @ Feb 5 2017, 06:24 PM) *
To be honest you should be more concerned that Wrexham are now above Chester in the one place it matters, the Leauge Table despite being about nine points behind just a few weeks back. Where anybody appears on a web page is just not important.

They've played an extra game and have a vastly inferior goal difference. Not too bothered guiness.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
3mm
post Feb 10 2017, 10:11 PM
Post #21

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Just checked, and on BBC Football, the current featured game is .... Dover v Wrexham biggrin.gif

The bias towards them is unbelievable. There must be someone called Dai working in the office at BBC Football. Question is, why Dai?

--------------------

+Quote Post
3mm
post Feb 11 2017, 05:32 PM
Post #22

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Now todays games are completed, guess which one is the featured report. Getting beyond a joke now!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gez
post Feb 11 2017, 08:37 PM
Post #23

YTS Trainee

Member No.: 12135

QUOTE (3mm @ Feb 11 2017, 05:32 PM) *
Now todays games are completed, guess which one is the featured report. Getting beyond a joke now!

your inferior complex is laughable...........

+Quote Post
3mm
post Feb 11 2017, 10:14 PM
Post #24

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

I'll bet you Wrexham v Aldershot is the featured game next week.

--------------------

+Quote Post
3mm
post Feb 18 2017, 11:00 AM
Post #25

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

QUOTE (3mm @ Feb 11 2017, 10:14 PM) *
I'll bet you Wrexham v Aldershot is the featured game next week.

I'm starting to think I'm related to Mystic Meg. The Wrexham game is top of the list yet again.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2017 - 04:01 AM