Reply to this topicStart new topic
> G20 protestor's death, Copper will not be prosecuted
Southern Blue
post Jul 22 2010, 08:21 PM
Post #1

Reserve skipper

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 2331

So it is ok for the state to bludgeon its citizens to death?

--------------------
I want to play a game.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TomCCFC87
post Jul 23 2010, 06:56 AM
Post #2

Exiled in York

Member No.: 765

Its very easy to blame the police for hitting him with a baton but really there is plenty of blame to share around, Tomlinson himself had at least two underlying health issues that wouldve contributed towards his death, seriously who forces their way to the front of a protest march and gets stuck into the police when they have both heart and liver problems?

Secondly if the protestors hadnt exacerbated the situation by hurling objects at the police who were dragging him away (many of which hit Tomlinson) and then prevented him from getting the medical care he needed right away by making it impossible for the paramedics to get to him ASAP and then continued hurling stuff at the paramedics when they were working on him.

Im not saying the police are totally blameless here and im not saying that they should ban protest marches but as long as a percentage of people in these marches dont know how to behave themselves its always going to lead to incidents like this.

As with our recent match at Colwyn Bay the police may not handle situations like these well but there is no smoke without fire, if people dont give the police an excuse to use their batons then nobody will get hurt.

+Quote Post
open yer eyes ma...
post Jul 23 2010, 09:05 AM
Post #3

Devachat Fantasy Football Champion 09/10

Member No.: 850

QUOTE (TomCCFC87 @ Jul 23 2010, 07:56 AM) *
Its very easy to blame the police for hitting him with a baton but really there is plenty of blame to share around, Tomlinson himself had at least two underlying health issues that wouldve contributed towards his death, seriously who forces their way to the front of a protest march and gets stuck into the police when they have both heart and liver problems?

Secondly if the protestors hadnt exacerbated the situation by hurling objects at the police who were dragging him away (many of which hit Tomlinson) and then prevented him from getting the medical care he needed right away by making it impossible for the paramedics to get to him ASAP and then continued hurling stuff at the paramedics when they were working on him.

Im not saying the police are totally blameless here and im not saying that they should ban protest marches but as long as a percentage of people in these marches dont know how to behave themselves its always going to lead to incidents like this.

As with our recent match at Colwyn Bay the police may not handle situations like these well but there is no smoke without fire, if people dont give the police an excuse to use their batons then nobody will get hurt.

I was at the gate trying to get out of the match with my lad,if i had been beaten to death by the police,would i have been to blame?

--------------------
Down on their knees
Begging us please
Praying that we don't exist

We exist

+Quote Post
TomCCFC87
post Jul 23 2010, 10:09 AM
Post #4

Exiled in York

QUOTE (open yer eyes man @ Jul 23 2010, 10:05 AM) *

I was at the gate trying to get out of the match with my lad,if i had been beaten to death by the police,would i have been to blame?

No, but the people who started the fight that caused the police to get involved in the first place would be.

+Quote Post
CestrianStyleCou...
post Jul 23 2010, 10:50 AM
Post #5

1st team regular

Member No.: 5448

QUOTE (TomCCFC87 @ Jul 23 2010, 11:09 AM) *

No, but the people who started the fight that caused the police to get involved in the first place would be.

pathetic.

are you a copper/grass or something?

+Quote Post
TomCCFC87
post Jul 23 2010, 11:15 AM
Post #6

Exiled in York

QUOTE (CestrianStyleCouncil @ Jul 23 2010, 11:50 AM) *

pathetic.

Wow, do you have the reading and comprehension skills of a 9 year old or something?

Do you really think the police would go around hitting people with batons if everyone knew how to behave themselves? The police are in the wrong when they hit the wrong person but if the few idiots who do cause trouble knew how to behave then nobody would get hit at all.

I dont think i can put it in any more simple terms than that for you.

+Quote Post
McSeal
post Jul 23 2010, 11:18 AM
Post #7

Reserve skipper
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 6

Don't think anyone 'bludgeoned' anyone to death in this case did they?
The guy got shoved over by a policeman and sadly died from internal bleeding and probably not helped by the other health issues he had

If everyone who ever shoved someone over got a lengthy spell in prison, you'd need prisons on every street corner.

+Quote Post
CestrianStyleCou...
post Jul 23 2010, 11:26 AM
Post #8

1st team regular

QUOTE (TomCCFC87 @ Jul 23 2010, 12:15 PM) *

pathetic.

Wow, do you have the reading and comprehension skills of a 9 year old or something?

Do you really think the police would go around hitting people with batons if everyone knew how to behave themselves? The police are in the wrong when they hit the wrong person but if the few idiots who do cause trouble knew how to behave then nobody would get hit at all.

if you have ever been to a protest or march then you will know your making yourself look a fool.

the police literally enjoy giving the public a good kicking, and will use any excuse to draw their batons and hit people knowing nothing will come of it.

+Quote Post
jack
post Jul 23 2010, 11:29 AM
Post #9

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 3692

QUOTE (CestrianStyleCouncil @ Jul 23 2010, 12:26 PM) *

pathetic.

if you have ever been to a protest or march then you will know your making yourself look a fool.

the police literally enjoy giving the public a good kicking, and will use any excuse to draw their batons and hit people knowing nothing will come of it.

Well, thats just not true.

+Quote Post
CestrianStyleCou...
post Jul 23 2010, 11:30 AM
Post #10

1st team regular

QUOTE (jack @ Jul 23 2010, 12:29 PM) *

pathetic.

you go to many large public demonstrations/marches jack?

+Quote Post
Che Guevara
post Jul 23 2010, 11:31 AM
Post #11

Castra Devana

Member No.: 1198

QUOTE (jack @ Jul 23 2010, 12:29 PM) *

pathetic.

Yes it is,

Individualy there are some good people in the Police, but collectively as the "Police Force" they are scum, utter scum.

This post has been edited by Che Guevara: Jul 23 2010, 11:32 AM

--------------------
Neil Young: You WERE the caretaker here.

Harry McNally: I'm sorry to differ with you sir, but YOU are the caretaker. You've always been the caretaker. I should know Sir - I've always been here.

+Quote Post
TomCCFC87
post Jul 23 2010, 11:32 AM
Post #12

Exiled in York

pathetic.

Then behave yourself and dont give them an excuse.

You treat the police with respect and they treat you with respect - Fact.

If you have that kind of attitude towards them then you are more likely to get beaten up/arrested by them.

+Quote Post
Che Guevara
post Jul 23 2010, 11:34 AM
Post #13

Castra Devana

Ive been hit over the head by a copper for absolutely NOTHING and told to f**k of back to Cheshire you plastic scouser.

How did I deserve that ?

--------------------

Harry McNally: I'm sorry to differ with you sir, but YOU are the caretaker. You've always been the caretaker. I should know Sir - I've always been here.

+Quote Post
CestrianStyleCou...
post Jul 23 2010, 11:35 AM
Post #14

1st team regular

QUOTE (TomCCFC87 @ Jul 23 2010, 12:32 PM) *

pathetic.

If you have that kind of attitude towards them then you are more likely to get beaten up/arrested by them.

we dont live in an authoritarian state thomas, it is supposed to be a liberal democracy.

i cant believe your typing this stuff.

+Quote Post
Che Guevara
post Jul 23 2010, 11:35 AM
Post #15

Castra Devana

The dont call them Pigs for nothing !

--------------------

+Quote Post
TomCCFC87
post Jul 23 2010, 11:37 AM
Post #16

Exiled in York

QUOTE (Che Guevara @ Jul 23 2010, 12:34 PM) *
Ive been hit over the head by a copper for absolutely NOTHING and told to f**k of back to Cheshire you plastic scouser.

How did I deserve that ?

As with any profession you get the occasional dickhead. 90% of coppers arent like that. Its the minority that tarnish the reputation of the rest. The good coppers dont get noticed for doing their jobs well whereas the bad ones are the ones who make the headlines and create the myth that all coppers are like that.

+Quote Post
TomCCFC87
post Jul 23 2010, 11:40 AM
Post #17

Exiled in York

QUOTE (CestrianStyleCouncil @ Jul 23 2010, 12:35 PM) *

pathetic.

we dont live in an authoritarian state thomas, it is supposed to be a liberal democracy.

Living in a liberal decmocracy doesnt mean you have a licence to misbehave. We still have rules and laws in place and if people start breaking them the police will do what they think is the best way to deal with the situation. Sometimes they get it wrong, sometimes they get it spot on the same as anybody else in their jobs does.

+Quote Post
Che Guevara
post Jul 23 2010, 11:42 AM
Post #18

Castra Devana

QUOTE (TomCCFC87 @ Jul 23 2010, 12:37 PM) *

How did I deserve that ?

As with any profession you get the occasional dickhead. 90% of coppers arent like that. Its the minority that tarnish the reputation of the rest. The good coppers dont get noticed for doing their jobs well whereas the bad ones are the ones who make the headlines and create the myth that all coppers are like that.

Thought you said if you treat them with respect you wont get beaten up, except if he is not one of the good ones rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
CestrianStyleCou...
post Jul 23 2010, 11:44 AM
Post #19

1st team regular

QUOTE (TomCCFC87 @ Jul 23 2010, 12:40 PM) *

pathetic.

Living in a liberal decmocracy doesnt mean you have a licence to misbehave. We still have rules and laws in place and if people start breaking them the police will do what they think is the best way to deal with the situation. Sometimes they get it wrong, sometimes they get it spot on the same as anybody else in their jobs does.

ive heard it all now, justifying their mistakes!

its the police thomas, its not like the lady working at spar short changing someone 7 pence! when they make a mistake it can ruin peoples lives.

are you a copper?

+Quote Post
TomCCFC87
post Jul 23 2010, 11:46 AM
Post #20

Exiled in York

QUOTE (Che Guevara @ Jul 23 2010, 12:42 PM) *

How did I deserve that ?

Thought you said if you treat them with respect you wont get beaten up, except if he is not one of the good ones rolleyes.gif

I cant tell if that post is just naive or deliberately stupid.

If one bus driver beat you up after you bought your ticket would you think all bus drivers were bastards too?

This post has been edited by TomCCFC87: Jul 23 2010, 11:46 AM

+Quote Post
CestrianStyleCou...
post Jul 23 2010, 11:46 AM
Post #21

1st team regular

QUOTE (Che Guevara @ Jul 23 2010, 12:42 PM) *

How did I deserve that ?

roughly 140,000 coppers in the u.k

according to thomas, that makes 14,000 of them are bad.

+Quote Post
TomCCFC87
post Jul 23 2010, 11:48 AM
Post #22

Exiled in York

QUOTE (CestrianStyleCouncil @ Jul 23 2010, 12:44 PM) *
QUOTE (TomCCFC87 @ Jul 23 2010, 12:40 PM) *

pathetic.

ive heard it all now, justifying their mistakes!

its the police thomas, its not like the lady working at spar short changing someone 7 pence! when they make a mistake it can ruin peoples lives.

are you a copper?

Im not justifying their mistakes at all. But if you expect perfection from anybody you are going to be dissapointed

+Quote Post
Posh Jon
post Jul 23 2010, 12:33 PM
Post #23

ONLY COOL PEOPLE CAN SEE MY AVATAR

Member No.: 61

You can't just gloss over it by saying "mistakes happen". A guy has been shoved over who has subsequently died. If this kind of behaviour is typical of policing in this country, and there certainly seems to be some evidence to suggest it is, then it needs to be looked at, reviewed and altered.

The problem, I grant you, is with people who think that the police should only deal with the kind of crimes they don't commit. A lot of people who've been mixed up in police violence will have had it coming to them, but won't admit as such. That way, it's hard to tell who's telling the truth and who is wildly exaggerating.

--------------------
Not posh

+Quote Post
I O CITY CITY I ...
post Jul 23 2010, 01:24 PM
Post #24

H-Block

Member No.: 2120

Anyone who has been to large marches etc. will know just how violent Police can be, without any such need to be. Years ago I'm lead to believe that Police Officers were given respect and respected others, I wonder why that has all changed?

"Can I ask you a question Officer?"
"No, f**k off I don't like you" was the anwser I recieved at Colwyn Bay having never seen this officer before in my life.

--------------------
"...you must be prepared to die for the cause" - Harry McNally.

Do not use signature that may offend the easily offended.

+Quote Post
TomCCFC87
post Jul 23 2010, 05:09 PM
Post #25

Exiled in York

QUOTE (I O CITY CITY I O @ Jul 23 2010, 02:24 PM) *
Anyone who has been to large marches etc. will know just how violent Police can be, without any such need to be. Years ago I'm lead to believe that Police Officers were given respect and respected others, I wonder why that has all changed?

"Can I ask you a question Officer?"
"No, f**k off I don't like you" was the anwser I recieved at Colwyn Bay having never seen this officer before in my life.

The thing with respect going both ways is that it applies to groups as well as individuals. The same way a few bad coppers have people thinking they are all bastards, a few violent idiots in a football/protest crowd will have the police there treating the entire crowd as such. This creates a vicious circle where the more the police think the crowd are violent idiots the more they treat them as such and in return the crowd get more angry at the police causing them to become more angry with the crowd and so on and so on.

Any large event where there are lots of people gather and there is potential for a bit of violence is always going to attract idiots looking for a scrap be it a football match or a protest march. Its people like that who are the route cause of the problems.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2020 - 10:21 AM