+Quote Post
SqzL
post Sep 26 2016, 10:08 PM
Post #3

1st team stalwart

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 11695

QUOTE (wxmred @ Sep 26 2016, 11:00 PM) *

Everyone knows how corrupt people are when money in concerned. I think he could and maybe should go for this, Eddie Howe?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
1midfield genera...
post Sep 26 2016, 11:15 PM
Post #4

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 8334

Personally, not interested in the slightest, in the England football team or manager.
Finding that the people, at the top of the game are corrupt, is a bit like finding out that a bear c&@ps, in the woods.

+Quote Post
Deva Blue
post Sep 26 2016, 11:16 PM
Post #5

Squad player

Member No.: 11858

QUOTE (SqzL @ Sep 26 2016, 11:08 PM) *
QUOTE (wxmred @ Sep 26 2016, 11:00 PM) *

Everyone knows how corrupt people are when money in concerned. I think he could and maybe should go for this, Eddie Howe?

Really embarrassing for the FA this. I also can't help but feel it's a bit sly of the telegraph to purposely go under-cover and act as a fake agent to set him up..

I doubt Eddie Howe would leave Bournemouth at this stage in the season.

Apparently Southgate is being tipped. I'd like Gary Neville myself, despite his obvious lack of managerial experience.

^ (Assuming Big Sam is sacked of-course)

--------------------
Heard about the bad times, witnessed the good ones.

+Quote Post
Bertha the Blue
post Sep 27 2016, 01:20 AM
Post #6

Squad player

Member No.: 3422

It's an obvious stitch up. If Sam had been in the job for a few years I'd probably be inclined to defend him on those grounds but considering he had barely warmed the seat up he surely has to go. What an idiot.

This post has been edited by Bertha the Blue: Sep 27 2016, 01:21 AM

+Quote Post
Lobster
post Sep 27 2016, 06:02 AM
Post #7

Just one fool among the shower
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 203

Far too many England managers in the last 25 years have left because of media reasons rather than football reasons. Sam does sound like he's been very foolish, but this story's all just a bit "he said, she said" for my liking. Most of it seems of little journalistic value.

We do have an unhelpful media in this country. They love to stir up s**t but rarely uncover anything of any worth. Operation Yewtree, Hillsborough, Chilcott, it's certainly not much thanks to the main newspapers that any of this came out.

+Quote Post
AGL
post Sep 27 2016, 07:27 AM
Post #8

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 2356

QUOTE (XWWB @ Sep 27 2016, 07:02 AM) *
Far too many England managers in the last 25 years have left because of media reasons rather than football reasons. Sam does sound like he's been very foolish, but this story's all just a bit "he said, she said" for my liking. Most of it seems of little journalistic value.

We do have an unhelpful media in this country. They love to stir up s**t but rarely uncover anything of any worth. Operation Yewtree, Hillsborough, Chilcott, it's certainly not much thanks to the main newspapers that any of this came out.

Oh well, that's a ten month investigation by the Telegraph put firmly in its place.
Very insightful analysis, thanks for that .

+Quote Post
Mancot Blue
post Sep 27 2016, 10:08 AM
Post #9

Group Icon

Member No.: 173

Some interesting quotes from Big Sam about the FA, England, Hodgson, Neville and even Will and Harry, "innit like."

Looks as if this is just a small piece of the Torygraph's big year-long investigation into corruption in the game, and it appears more incriminating stories will be appearing over the coming days and weeks involving other high-profile football people.

+Quote Post
Richard
post Sep 27 2016, 10:08 AM
Post #10

1st team regular

Member No.: 3477

QUOTE (AGL @ Sep 27 2016, 08:27 AM) *

Oh well, that's a ten month investigation by the Telegraph put firmly in its place.

Innocent until proven guilty

He does seem to stress that he has to clear any proposals with the powers that be.

Newspapers are a malevolent force . I would never buy one, well, with the possible exception of the NLP.

Such a shame

This post has been edited by Richard: Sep 27 2016, 10:09 AM

+Quote Post
AGL
post Sep 27 2016, 12:42 PM
Post #11

1st team stalwart

QUOTE (Richard @ Sep 27 2016, 11:08 AM) *

He does seem to stress that he has to clear any proposals with the powers that be.

Newspapers are a malevolent force . I would never buy one, well, with the possible exception of the NLP.

Such a shame

The shame is that the England manager, a full time FA employee, is at worst allegedly involved in subverting the rules or at best behaving in a sleazy way. Why is he getting involved in this sort of thing in the first place irrespective of whether it turns out to be a sting? The only thing that might save him is his comment that he needs to clear it with the FA but suspect he will go. By the way, the whole cash for questions MP scandal came from a newspaper investigation. Don't think it was the NLP, from memory.

+Quote Post
Richard
post Sep 27 2016, 05:14 PM
Post #12

1st team regular

Member No.: 3477

QUOTE (AGL @ Sep 27 2016, 01:42 PM) *

Such a shame

The shame is that the England manager, a full time FA employee, is at worst allegedly involved in subverting the rules or at best behaving in a sleazy way. Why is he getting involved in this sort of thing in the first place irrespective of whether it turns out to be a sting? The only thing that might save him is his comment that he needs to clear it with the FA but suspect he will go. By the way, the whole cash for questions MP scandal came from a newspaper investigation. Don't think it was the NLP, from memory.

Sorry, there are few if any national newspapers that have morals and integrity. Phone hacking, Hillsborough to name a few.

+Quote Post
AGL
post Sep 27 2016, 05:29 PM
Post #13

1st team stalwart

QUOTE (Richard @ Sep 27 2016, 06:14 PM) *
QUOTE (AGL @ Sep 27 2016, 01:42 PM) *

Such a shame

Sorry, there are few if any national newspapers that have morals and integrity. Phone hacking, Hillsborough to name a few.

Up to a point you are right. No doubt the NoW and Sun were out of control on phone hacking. Hillsborough was a terrible error of judgement by an editor who made the mistake of believing the lies fed by police. But that overlooks a lot of the scandals exposed by newspapers. There's still a place for the type of good journalism demonstrated here by the Telegraph. Sadly fewer and fewer publishers are willing to invest in proper investigations because they take so long. Allardyce has made a fool of himself and discredited the job. It's right he should be exposed and there's nothing wrong with a sting.

What's the alternative?

"Hey Sam, we hear you're helping dodgy guys from the Middle East get round our football rules. Is that true?"

"No"

"Oh, OK then. Keep up the good work"

+Quote Post
Lobster
post Sep 27 2016, 05:59 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

Wasn't all this kind of stuff already 'exposed' years ago by Panarama, about Allardyce and Redknapp as well? Not a lot seemed to come of it. To me, it all seemed a bit 'if what X said is true, and Y did this, it means Z might have done this". It all just seemed a bit gossipy and lacking in any concrete conclusion.

It's those bullet points in the Telegraph I find a bit pathetic. It just reminds me of the school snitch. Who cares what Allardyce said about Hodgson and the FA? He's entitled to an opinion, and it's hard to disagree with him.

+Quote Post
Deva Chanter
post Sep 27 2016, 06:26 PM
Post #15

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 4436

Gone already apparently.

--------------------
The first casualty of war is the truth.

+Quote Post
Bambi_CCFC
post Sep 27 2016, 06:56 PM
Post #16

The MIGHTY MIGHTY Chester....

Member No.: 1490

QUOTE (XWWB @ Sep 27 2016, 06:59 PM) *
Wasn't all this kind of stuff already 'exposed' years ago by Panarama, about Allardyce and Redknapp as well? Not a lot seemed to come of it. To me, it all seemed a bit 'if what X said is true, and Y did this, it means Z might have done this". It all just seemed a bit gossipy and lacking in any concrete conclusion.

It's those bullet points in the Telegraph I find a bit pathetic. It just reminds me of the school snitch. Who cares what Allardyce said about Hodgson and the FA? He's entitled to an opinion, and it's hard to disagree with him.

I tend to agree mate. I don't know who those journalists think they're impressing with all their 'findings'. I've never liked tactics such as these.

Anyway, confirmation he has indeed gone...link

--------------------
Northern Premier League Division One North Champions 2010/11

Northern Premier League Premier Division Champions 2011/12

Conference North Champions 2012/13

Supporters Direct Cup: Winners 2011
Peter Swailes Shield: Winners 2012
Cheshire Senior Cup: Winners 2013

+Quote Post
Canadian Exile
post Sep 27 2016, 07:06 PM
Post #17

Transatlantic member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1207

100% record! Amazing what greed will do.

--------------------
Posting from the Great White North

+Quote Post
AGL
post Sep 27 2016, 07:14 PM
Post #18

1st team stalwart

QUOTE (Deva Chanter @ Sep 27 2016, 07:26 PM) *
Gone already apparently.

The right decision. Would be interested to know if he gets a pay-off.
What an absolute clown. I don't particularly care about Engalnd but you can't have the national team manager behaving like that. No integrity.

+Quote Post
SqzL
post Sep 27 2016, 07:44 PM
Post #19

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 11695

QUOTE (AGL @ Sep 27 2016, 08:14 PM) *
Gone already apparently.

What an absolute clown. I don't particularly care about Engalnd but you can't have the national team manager behaving like that. No integrity.

No pay off....he has left by mutual consent

+Quote Post
PUFF THE MAGIC D...
post Sep 27 2016, 08:05 PM
Post #20

Squad player

Member No.: 4479

QUOTE (Canadian Exile @ Sep 27 2016, 08:06 PM) *

Gone already apparently.

Shows how low the national game has sunk ! Far too much money swilling around at the top level, and even being paid £3m per year to do a job he apparently has always wanted is still not enough!

And whilst I don't condone the newspaper sting operations like this, ultimately the only person to blame is himself; if he had chosen to focus 100% on the job in question this surely would not have happened.

As much as I have little interest in the England national team these days I am finding myself really angry at this and how this puts our game firmly in the gutter!!

+Quote Post
Lobster
post Sep 27 2016, 09:05 PM
Post #21

Group Icon

England are an embarrassment to support really aren't they? Hard to have any pride in them.

+Quote Post
Deva Chanter
post Sep 27 2016, 09:37 PM
Post #22

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 4436

Enter stage left Alan Pardiola ph34r.gif

--------------------
The first casualty of war is the truth.

+Quote Post
AGL
post Sep 27 2016, 10:28 PM
Post #23

1st team stalwart

QUOTE (SqzL @ Sep 27 2016, 08:44 PM) *
Gone already apparently.

No pay off....he has left by mutual consent

Pay off will still be part of the deal to go quietly .... at least £1 million being reported. That's scandalous.

+Quote Post
Almost Blue
post Sep 28 2016, 06:46 AM
Post #24

1st team captain

Member No.: 2954

They may take a relatively cheap and safe option in Southgate if he has a few wins while in temporary charge.

--------------------
English Corner, Harry Mac Terrace - since 1992.

+Quote Post
Wortleyblue
post Sep 28 2016, 07:43 AM
Post #25

1st team stalwart

From: Now in St Leonards on Sea but Chester through and through
Member No.: 7494

QUOTE (PUFF THE MAGIC DRAGON @ Sep 27 2016, 09:05 PM) *
QUOTE (Canadian Exile @ Sep 27 2016, 08:06 PM) *

Gone already apparently.

Shows how low the national game has sunk ! Far too much money swilling around at the top level, and even being paid £3m per year to do a job he apparently has always wanted is still not enough!

And whilst I don't condone the newspaper sting operations like this, ultimately the only person to blame is himself; if he had chosen to focus 100% on the job in question this surely would not have happened.

As much as I have little interest in the England national team these days I am finding myself really angry at this and how this puts our game firmly in the gutter!!

Whilst I somewhat agree with you if they uncover genuine widespread corruption then they are a tool which is needed. I think they need to investigate a lot deeper especially into the premiers**te which is probably corrupt from top to bottom with all the money thats floating about there. These multi millionaire owners didnt get rich by following the rules and being nice and the FA are turning a blind eye as they are benefitting nicely aswell

This post has been edited by Wortleyblue: Sep 28 2016, 07:44 AM

--------------------
we whistled and we sang till the sealend end rang THOSE WERE THE DAYS

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th October 2020 - 03:55 AM