Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My Personal Opinion on Why It Had To Be Wrighty
Bear in the Big ...
post Feb 21 2006, 07:42 AM
Post #1

Reserve skipper

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 5

I know a lot of you will be unhappy about the news of this appointment, looking at this board over the last few weeks has been interesting to say the least. Everyone who I know be it SV or my mates had wanted KC to pull things around,we all wanted to give him as much time as possible to steer the good ship CCFC back on course. But as you know it did not happen.

I have read every post on this board, and everyone has had an opinion on who should have been appointed the new manager as much as I wanted to add to the debate I have had to soak it all up, listen to opinion and in some cases take a big breath and count to ten.

For me the decision was not an easy one, MW has always had baggage and there is no getting away from that fact. Like most of you I have never met or spoken to MW in my life so my decision was never going to be influenced by outside factors. What I did know about MW was that he was capable of stopping this run of results. All MW teams have been built on a defensive strength, he has always been able to get that sorted and build from there. I look at our squad and I know we should be at the other end of the table fighting for promotion but we are not and the reason for this is that from day one of the season that the whole team as a defensive unit has always been lacking. As a team you should defend from the front but I have seen to many games when we dont start defending until the ball is eighteen yards away from our goal.

It is imperative that CCFC stay in L2 this season and we wont do that if we continue to give goals away, we have to become hard to beat and get back to basics and then build from there.

I understand that people have an opinion on MW and his baggage, but for me it was about MW the coach and that is why he is here today we are a football team that needs results and he is the WRIGHT man.

Onwards and upwards.

--------------------
Proud to be one spot of rain in a "shower of fools"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ste J
post Feb 21 2006, 07:45 AM
Post #2

Big Bad Billy Boy

Member No.: 176

QUOTE (Bear in the Big Blue House @ Feb 21 2006, 07:42 AM) *
I know a lot of you will be unhappy about the news of this appointment, looking at this board over the last few weeks has been interesting to say the least. Everyone who I know be it SV or my mates had wanted KC to pull things around,we all wanted to give him as much time as possible to steer the good ship CCFC back on course. But as you know it did not happen.

I have read every post on this board, and everyone has had an opinion on who should have been appointed the new manager as much as I wanted to add to the debate I have had to soak it all up, listen to opinion and in some cases take a big breath and count to ten.

For me the decision was not an easy one, MW has always had baggage [size=2]and there is no getting away from that fact. Like most of you I have never met or spoken to MW in my life so my decision was never going to be influenced by outside factors. What I did know about MW was that he was capable of stopping this run of results. All MW teams have been built on a defensive strength, he has always been able to get that sorted and build from there. I look at our squad and I know we should be at the other end of the table fighting for promotion but we are not and the reason for this is that from day one of the season that the whole team as a defensive unit has always been lacking. As a team you should defend from the front but I have seen to many games when we dont start defending until the ball is eighteen yards away from our goal.

Onwards and upwards.

He's got more baggage than manchester airport biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ali
post Feb 21 2006, 07:47 AM
Post #3

One step forward, two steps back!
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 47

I can understand your reasons for supporting the appointment but there are two main problems in my eyes,

1: Will he be able to sort the defence out without strengthening?

2: He may achieve harmony for a while because people are scared of him but in the long run he'll be back to upsetting everyone he meets(will he get Joe fired again for not having the right qualifications or some such blx?), he just can't keep his big fat rascist gob shut!!

+Quote Post
Ste J
post Feb 21 2006, 07:50 AM
Post #4

Big Bad Billy Boy

Member No.: 176

QUOTE (Ali @ Feb 21 2006, 07:47 AM) *
I can understand your reasons for supporting the appointment but there are two main problems in my eyes,

2: He may achieve harmony for a while because people are scared of him but in the long run he'll be back to upsetting everyone he meets(will he get Joe fired again for not having the right qualifications or some such blx?), he just can't keep his big fat rascist gob shut!!

"Youve got a black mans brain in a white mans body" Copyright Mark Wright Peterborough 2006

+Quote Post
phill
post Feb 21 2006, 07:50 AM
Post #5

1st team legend
Group Icon

Member No.: 557

QUOTE (Ste J @ Feb 21 2006, 07:50 AM) *

"Youve got a black mans brain in a white mans body" Copyright Mark Wright Peterborough 2006

Was that really said?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Vambo
post Feb 21 2006, 07:51 AM
Post #6

Squad player

Member No.: 2129

Ah, Bear.

That is the least sense you've made, ever.

The contention that Mark Wright is the only man for the job because he can organise a defence is sadly flawed. There are several other managers out there, who are out of work, who can organise defences (Ternant for a start).

Part of the problem is the quality of defenders, which MW can do nothing about. His reputation is now national, for all the wrong reasons, which may make it more difficult to attract players permanently, or on loan, which cannot aid our cause.

There is also the, very real, problem of the division of the support.

I recall driving up from Kent towards Notts County, full of the joys of a new season, having seen us take the Conference by the throat, only to hear on the radio that MW had walked out of the club. He has never made the cause known, possibly for contractual reasons, but HE WALKED OUT ON THIS F*CKING CLUB! (sorry, bit angry there).

I, and quite a few others, judging by the posts feel this is a backward step, which may save us in the short term (may, not will), but a backward step it definitely is.

I would hope that your post is not purely propaganda for it's own sake, but I would like to get a fuller explanation from you as to your point of view.

+Quote Post
Bear in the Big ...
post Feb 21 2006, 07:55 AM
Post #7

Reserve skipper

If we need to strengthen we will but I would hope that he has a good look at the squad before he decides he needs to do that.

He has got a short term contract until the end of the season, he has one aim to make sure we dont go down. He needs to get the players playing for the shirt and there are not too many of them doing that at the moment.

This post has been edited by Bear in the Big Blue House: Feb 21 2006, 07:56 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ali
post Feb 21 2006, 07:57 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

biggrin.gif Not sure why but I read that as playing for the skirt biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Bluesontop
post Feb 21 2006, 07:58 AM
Post #9

H Block..................
Group Icon

Member No.: 1942

Complete bullsh*t. MW has never been proved to be a racist and if that quote is the best you can do then wrap up.
I think this appointment is the best we could have hoped for, MW will not take any sh*t off the players who have been under achieving for months.
Maybe now Michael Branch will realise he's not too good to be at Chester City, and we are not lucky to have him.
Hats off to SV and the board for having the courage to take a step back and look at what is required.
League 2 status preservation. And beating the goats. laugh.gif

--------------------
Chester City FC The pride of the North West

Colin Potts is a tramp.

+Quote Post
Luce
post Feb 21 2006, 07:59 AM
Post #10

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 95

QUOTE (Bluesontop @ Feb 21 2006, 07:58 AM) *

Complete bullsh*t. MW has never been proved to be a racist and if that quote is the best you can do then wrap up.

I might be wrong but didn't something happen at Oxford to do with a black referee? I'm probably getting my wires crossed!

--------------------
Big Cyrille my lord, big Cyrille. Big Cyrille my lord, big Cyrille, Big Cyrille my lord, big Cyrille, Oh lord Big Cyrille!!

+Quote Post
Bear in the Big ...
post Feb 21 2006, 08:02 AM
Post #11

Reserve skipper

QUOTE (Vambo @ Feb 21 2006, 07:51 AM) *
Ah, Bear.

That is the least sense you've made, ever.

The contention that Mark Wright is the only man for the job because he can organise a defence is sadly flawed. There are several other managers out there, who are out of work, who can organise defences (Ternant for a start).

Part of the problem is the quality of defenders, which MW can do nothing about. His reputation is now national, for all the wrong reasons, which may make it more difficult to attract players permanently, or on loan, which cannot aid our cause.

There is also the, very real, problem of the division of the support.

I recall driving up from Kent towards Notts County, full of the joys of a new season, having seen us take the Conference by the throat, only to hear on the radio that MW had walked out of the club. He has never made the cause known, possibly for contractual reasons, but HE WALKED OUT ON THIS F*CKING CLUB! (sorry, bit angry there).

I, and quite a few others, judging by the posts feel this is a backward step, which may save us in the short term (may, not will), but a backward step it definitely is.

I would hope that your post is not purely propaganda for it's own sake, but I would like to get a fuller explanation from you as to your point of view.

Like I have said I stand by my opinion and you are very much entitled to yours, MW will be judged on results as should all managers. Will it be the right decision in the long term, who knows? All i know is that MW has 14 games to acheive and then we will look at it again.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pumps
post Feb 21 2006, 08:04 AM
Post #12

A new dawn is rising

Member No.: 65

QUOTE (Ali @ Feb 21 2006, 07:57 AM) *

Ali, you can get rid of your avatar of the dieting Eddie Large now!! biggrin.gif

--------------------
faith and determination

+Quote Post
Bluesontop
post Feb 21 2006, 08:07 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

QUOTE (Luce @ Feb 21 2006, 07:59 AM) *
QUOTE (Bluesontop @ Feb 21 2006, 07:58 AM) *

I might be wrong but didn't something happen at Oxford to do with a black referee? I'm probably getting my wires crossed!

And was anything ever proved ???? The problem is its all too easy to be politically correct and label him a racist. Prove it to me.

--------------------

Colin Potts is a tramp.

+Quote Post
thetashkentterro...
post Feb 21 2006, 08:08 AM
Post #14

YTS Trainee

Member No.: 2173

Bearinthe blue house :

"Like most of you I have never met or spoken to MW in my life so my decision was never going to be influenced by outside factors."

So by that theory you would be happy to employ a convicted mass murderer as you have never met him and your decision isn't influenced by outside factors.

Your chairman should be hanging his head in complete and utter shame this morning at employing this "man" again.

As for Bluesontop

"MW has never been proved to be a racist and if that quote is the best you can do then wrap up"

At Oxford he resigned on the day his inquiry was scheduled, at Peterborough he didn't turn up for the meeting he had the chance to defend himself in. Unless you are extremely naive I'd draw your own conclusions.

This post has been edited by thetashkentterror: Feb 21 2006, 08:09 AM

+Quote Post
jonniebling
post Feb 21 2006, 08:15 AM
Post #15

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 1283

For the first time in ages I am looking forward to going to the match on Saturday and MW gets my full support. well done Bear it makes sense to appoint a leader, and someone who can knock the lads heads together and stop all this bickering and whinging, lets get them playing for the shirt again, everyone make mistakes in life, inc MW, I for one am well chuffed he is back, oh whens Bleasdale coming back !!!

+Quote Post
Bluesontop
post Feb 21 2006, 08:15 AM
Post #16

Group Icon

QUOTE (thetashkentterror @ Feb 21 2006, 08:08 AM) *
Bearinthe blue house :

"Like most of you I have never met or spoken to MW in my life so my decision was never going to be influenced by outside factors."

So by that theory you would be happy to employ a convicted mass murderer as you have never met him and your decision isn't influenced by outside factors.

Your chairman should be hanging his head in complete and utter shame this morning at employing this "man" again.

As for Bluesontop

"MW has never been proved to be a racist and if that quote is the best you can do then wrap up"

At Oxford he resigned on the day his inquiry was scheduled, at Peterborough he didn't turn up for the meeting he had the chance to defend himself in. Unless you are extremely naive I'd draw your own conclusions.

Drawing your own conclusions is a dangerous game. I prefer the proof, where is it by the way ?

This post has been edited by Bluesontop: Feb 21 2006, 08:16 AM

--------------------

Colin Potts is a tramp.

+Quote Post
Bear in the Big ...
post Feb 21 2006, 08:20 AM
Post #17

Reserve skipper

Bearinthe blue house :

As for Bluesontop

I have highligted the relevent bit in your quote.

--------------------

+Quote Post
thetashkentterro...
post Feb 21 2006, 08:26 AM
Post #18

YTS Trainee

Member No.: 2173

I have highligted the relevent bit in your quote.
[/quote]

But have missed out the rest of the points.

How on earth you think your club will not be seen as a laughing stock and that it isn't a disgraceful decision is beyond me. What do you think your coloured players are thinking this morning?

+Quote Post
japseye
post Feb 21 2006, 08:30 AM
Post #19

Squad player
Group Icon

Member No.: 1775

QUOTE (Bluesontop @ Feb 21 2006, 08:15 AM) *

Bearinthe blue house :

As for Bluesontop

Drawing your own conclusions is a dangerous game. I prefer the proof, where is it by the way ?

For gods sake take those blinkers off, if accusations are made against you as serious as these and you are innocent wouldn't you do your upmost to disprove them? Isn't he still under investigation at posh? Or did he walk away with no payoff as long as it went no further? Richardson and Regan must be packing as we speak.

--------------------
English and proud of it.

+Quote Post
Ali
post Feb 21 2006, 08:33 AM
Post #20

Group Icon

QUOTE (Pumps @ Feb 21 2006, 08:04 AM) *
QUOTE (Ali @ Feb 21 2006, 07:57 AM) *

Ali, you can get rid of your avatar of the dieting Eddie Large now!! biggrin.gif

I think I'll keep it, better than the current incumbent!!

As for convictions, there's no smoke without fire and if I was sacked for being a rascist I'd have them up in court quick smart, defamation of character and all that.
The fact that he has never contested these acusations speaks volumes to me, mind you as there always seems to be some morally bankrupt owner prepared to take him on why should he rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Kyle
post Feb 21 2006, 08:37 AM
Post #21

1st team regular

Member No.: 162

In many ways I agree with Bear, this is the right appointment. MW is the man to sort out the defence and deal with the discipline problems amongst the squad.

But how can we allow him back after what he did? Is this the kind of club we are, you can totally F**K us over and treat us like s**t, and we wil welcome you back with open arms?

I hope SV has a masterplan, to let MW keep us up, then get rid of him and bring someone with some morals in at the end of the season.

--------------------
Chester are back

+Quote Post
cuptie
post Feb 21 2006, 08:41 AM
Post #22

1st team sub

Member No.: 2123

posh fans reckon MW is taking them to court

+Quote Post
japseye
post Feb 21 2006, 08:41 AM
Post #23

Squad player
Group Icon

Member No.: 1775

QUOTE (Kyle @ Feb 21 2006, 08:37 AM) *
In many ways I agree with Bear, this is the right appointment. MW is the man to sort out the defence and deal with the discipline problems amongst the squad.

But how can we allow him back after what he did? Is this the kind of club we are, you can totally F**K us over and treat us like s**t, and we wil welcome you back with open arms?

I hope SV has a masterplan, to let MW keep us up, then get rid of him and bring someone with some morals in at the end of the season.

Obviously morals and business don't go together

--------------------
English and proud of it.

+Quote Post
McSeal
post Feb 21 2006, 08:43 AM
Post #24

Reserve skipper
Group Icon

Member No.: 6

QUOTE (Bluesontop @ Feb 21 2006, 08:15 AM) *

If you want proof, try this

It's about time this football club started getting some integrity back. mad.gif

+Quote Post
cuptie
post Feb 21 2006, 08:47 AM
Post #25

1st team sub

Member No.: 2123

The former Liverpool and England defender was subsequently found guilty of using "abusive, indecent and insulting language" by a two-man FA commission.

over to you BEAR

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2020 - 04:01 PM