Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Almost Blue
post Jan 4 2014, 04:44 PM
Post #2

1st team captain

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 2954

Hats off to Rochdale in the FA Cup, 2-0 up against Leeds!

--------------------
English Corner, Harry Mac Terrace - since 1992.

+Quote Post
ANDERS
post Jan 4 2014, 04:52 PM
Post #3

Swedish Midfield Dynamo

Member No.: 2647

Southport winning now

--------------------
"We were lucky then, it's a good job he's sh*te!"

+Quote Post
SueC
post Jan 4 2014, 04:53 PM
Post #4

Best DC Exiled Poster for 2007, 2008 & 2009
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 110

Kiddy did well to get a draw against Posh, who hit the bar 4 times inside 15 seconds.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nantwich Blue
post Jan 4 2014, 04:59 PM
Post #5

1st team sub

Member No.: 7385

Bad, bad day for us.......

+Quote Post
ANDERS
post Jan 4 2014, 05:00 PM
Post #6

Swedish Midfield Dynamo

Member No.: 2647

Southport play Hyde next week too.....

--------------------
"We were lucky then, it's a good job he's sh*te!"

+Quote Post
Canadian Exile
post Jan 4 2014, 05:08 PM
Post #7

Transatlantic member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1207

QUOTE (Almost Blue @ Jan 4 2014, 11:44 AM) *
Hats off to Rochdale in the FA Cup, 2-0 up against Leeds!

Watched that live here, a very poor Leeds team and Rochdale played really well.

--------------------
Posting from the Great White North

+Quote Post
Lawrence
post Jan 4 2014, 05:12 PM
Post #8

Top Blue

Member No.: 2421

No good relying on others, we have to do it ourselves.

--------------------
Back to back champions!!

+Quote Post
Lobster
post Jan 4 2014, 05:12 PM
Post #9

Just one fool among the shower
Group Icon

Member No.: 203

Southport and Tamworth are sneaking the odd win at home, we aren't.

If we go down, it will be this pattern of home draws that does it. I don't think we can be happy with a home draw against anybody at the moment. If we find ourselves level against Barnet on the 18th, I think we need to throw caution to the wind a bit and if that means we end up losing, so be it. Provided we're not giving points to people around us, it's as well to win one and lose two as it is to draw three.

+Quote Post
waggoner
post Jan 4 2014, 05:13 PM
Post #10

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 3538

QUOTE (Nantwich Blue @ Jan 4 2014, 04:59 PM) *
Bad, bad day for us.......

we could be 6 or7 pts off safety by the time we play again

+Quote Post
CO2
post Jan 4 2014, 05:13 PM
Post #11

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 6428

thats why i feel the reality is we are fooked!! Southport can go out and beat a top half of the table team 1-nil scoring in the last few minutes, whereas i have no faith in our players holding out for 88 mins and snatching a winner OR scoring early and holding on for a win!!

Its just how it is and next year i will enjoy following the blues no matter what league we are in, but sadly, i dont think it'll be this one.....

--------------------
Mark Cavendish - SPOTY 2011
Wiggo - SPOTY 2012

+Quote Post
Barney Daniels B...
post Jan 4 2014, 05:18 PM
Post #12

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 5404

Ron Seal still thinks everything is fine

+Quote Post
ShrewdBlue
post Jan 4 2014, 05:21 PM
Post #13

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 1535

I've remained positive for the season so far but after today's results I'm beginning to lose hope and not sure that we can stay up now.

If things are going to turn around it has to be over the next 4/5 games and sadly I just can't see it happening. Hopefully I will be proved wrong.

+Quote Post
Charfield Blue
post Jan 4 2014, 05:24 PM
Post #14

1st team legend
Group Icon

Member No.: 174

QUOTE (Barney Daniels Big Toe @ Jan 4 2014, 05:18 PM) *
Ron Seal still thinks everything is fine

Or perhaps just a reasoned sense of perspective that is shared by the majority?

--------------------
The Craig Revel-Horwood of non-league football forums - cheers Viv

One Nugget short of a Happy Meal

+Quote Post
NWAS
post Jan 4 2014, 05:41 PM
Post #15

Romantic alecan
Group Icon

Member No.: 11

Surely you'd rather be in a Conference Premier relegation scrap than another run at the playoffs in the EvoStik Prem?

We were bottom of the Conference, riddled with dodgy debt and had a 25 point deduction five years ago.

We are now debt free and fighting to stay in the division our current gates dictate that is our level. Things aren't perfect by long chalk, but we need to continue to pull together and try to aid change and progress where we feel we need to.

Three championships have maybe spoiled us, we need to remember where we've come from, and work together to continually ensure we never ever go through hell again.

--------------------
Don't let the rain get you down, it's a waste of time.
Have your fun, live everyday in the bright sunshine.

+Quote Post
GazCCFC
post Jan 4 2014, 05:48 PM
Post #16

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 733

We also need to try and preserve the status we've worked so hard to earn the last 3 years.

There have been lots of mistakes, some which can't be rectified until the summer, but we've got to show we're learning. Even with the up turn in performances we're not winning games. NY has got to let go of the defensive mindset that he's been set on all season. Three points is better than one - he's got to embrace that attitude. It's better to win occasionally, rather than draw/lose each week. Southport/Tamworth are perfect examples.

+Quote Post
sealand road vet...
post Jan 4 2014, 05:50 PM
Post #17

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 5701

QUOTE (GazCCFC @ Jan 4 2014, 05:48 PM) *
We also need to try and preserve the status we've worked so hard to earn the last 3 years.

There have been lots of mistakes, some which can't be rectified until the summer, but we've got to show we're learning. Even with the up turn in performances we're not winning games. NY has got to let go of the defensive mindset that he's been set on all season. Three points is better than one - he's got to embrace that attitude. It's better to win occasionally, rather than draw/lose each week. Southport/Tamworth are perfect examples.

Got to agree with you there Gaz, I think more than a few games this season if we had showed more attacking intent rather than playing so defensive we would have got 3 pts rather than 1 on more than a couple of occasions.

Just to add if we had a GOALSCORER in recent games I think we would have picked up more points with Rooney and Menagh in the side

This post has been edited by sealand road veteran: Jan 4 2014, 05:53 PM

+Quote Post
Bambi_CCFC
post Jan 4 2014, 05:58 PM
Post #18

The MIGHTY MIGHTY Chester....

Member No.: 1490

That table just makes for worse reading every time you see it.

As much as our displays have improved, Dartford have lost their last ten games and yet we're still only four points ahead of them. We're just not translating these better performances in to enough victories and without Danny I'm even more worried.

It was obvious from the first few games that Young hadn't put together a good enough squad for this division and even though to his credit he's turning things around, the big concern now is that these improvements are too little and too late.

I've been called pessimistic but from day one we've looked a bottom four team to me and I hate to say this but I do think our survival will depend on whether someone goes in to admin or goes under sad.gif .

We just haven't been well enough equipped for this league, in all aspects.

This post has been edited by Bambi_CCFC: Jan 4 2014, 06:01 PM

--------------------
Northern Premier League Division One North Champions 2010/11

Northern Premier League Premier Division Champions 2011/12

Conference North Champions 2012/13

Supporters Direct Cup: Winners 2011
Peter Swailes Shield: Winners 2012
Cheshire Senior Cup: Winners 2013

+Quote Post
NWAS
post Jan 4 2014, 06:12 PM
Post #19

Romantic alecan
Group Icon

QUOTE (Bambi_CCFC @ Jan 4 2014, 05:58 PM) *

As much as our displays have improved, Dartford have lost their last ten games and yet we're still only four points ahead of them. We're just not translating these better performances in to enough victories and without Danny I'm even more worried.

It was obvious from the first few games that Young hadn't put together a good enough squad for this division and even though to his credit he's turning things around, the big concern now is that these improvements are too little and too late.

I've been called pessimistic but from day one we've looked a bottom four team to me and I hate to say this but I do think our survival will depend on whether someone goes in to admin or goes under sad.gif .

I agree with a lot of the above, but what do WE do about it? No-one else is there to do it for us anymore? And that did us no good anyway.

We need to be trying to inject some positivity into the club. Maybe our community manager can reinvigorate the buzz agents to get people and kids into the ground? I don't know? Another Great Escape campaign?

The doom and gloom on here is all well and good, but we are in a real dogfight and as supporters (and owners many of us) we should maybe be looking to do something positive to get the buzz back. Or do we just moan ourselves back into the conf north so people can smugly tell everyone that Young was 'never right' for the job?

--------------------

+Quote Post
GazCCFC
post Jan 4 2014, 06:20 PM
Post #20

1st team stalwart

QUOTE (NWAS @ Jan 4 2014, 06:12 PM) *

I agree with a lot of the above, but what do WE do about it? No-one else is there to do it for us anymore? And that did us no good anyway.

We need to be trying to inject some positivity into the club. Maybe our community manager can reinvigorate the buzz agents to get people and kids into the ground? I don't know? Another Great Escape campaign?

The doom and gloom on here is all well and good, but we are in a real dogfight and as supporters (and owners many of us) we should maybe be looking to do something positive to get the buzz back. Or do we just moan ourselves back into the conf north so people can smugly tell everyone that Young was 'never right' for the job?

Some great ideas in there NWAS. The lack of engagement with schools this season has been a real disappointment. Why not get tickets out to every home game and fill that south stand.

+Quote Post
NWAS
post Jan 4 2014, 06:24 PM
Post #21

Romantic alecan
Group Icon

QUOTE (GazCCFC @ Jan 4 2014, 06:20 PM) *

Some great ideas in there NWAS. The lack of engagement with schools this season has been a real disappointment. Why not get tickets out to every home game and fill that south stand.

Totally agree Gaz. If the community manager doesn't have the time he should be putting together a "crowd builder" working party. I am sure there are people on here and in the fanbase with the ideas and graft in them to make that happen. Just look at the fundraising committee and what they have achieved.

The children are the future of this club. This work needs doing now.

--------------------

+Quote Post
GazCCFC
post Jan 4 2014, 06:35 PM
Post #22

1st team stalwart

QUOTE (NWAS @ Jan 4 2014, 06:24 PM) *

Totally agree Gaz. If the community manager doesn't have the time he should be putting together a "crowd builder" working party. I am sure there are people on here and in the fanbase with the ideas and graft in them to make that happen. Just look at the fundraising committee and what they have achieved.

There was more engagement with schools prior to a community manager being appointed. The only engagement I'm aware of now is any coaching that schools have to buy into. Distributing tickets to schools seems fairly simple and straightforward and has the impact of adding 200-300 on to the gate and hopefully catching a few whilst they're still young. Certainly worked during the first 3 years of our reform.

+Quote Post
Billy W
post Jan 4 2014, 06:52 PM
Post #23

1st team captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 2156

QUOTE (ShrewdBlue @ Jan 4 2014, 05:21 PM) *
I've remained positive for the season so far but after today's results I'm beginning to lose hope and not sure that we can stay up now.

If things are going to turn around it has to be over the next 4/5 games and sadly I just can't see it happening. Hopefully I will be proved wrong.

Stay positive - we have 63 points to play for. It all depends what NY does in the transfer market, how he motivates his players and whether he adopts attacking tactics. Thinking about it, your right, were f**ked.

+Quote Post
sealand road vet...
post Jan 4 2014, 07:14 PM
Post #24

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 5701

QUOTE (GazCCFC @ Jan 4 2014, 06:35 PM) *

There was more engagement with schools prior to a community manager being appointed. The only engagement I'm aware of now is any coaching that schools have to buy into. Distributing tickets to schools seems fairly simple and straightforward and has the impact of adding 200-300 on to the gate and hopefully catching a few whilst they're still young. Certainly worked during the first 3 years of our reform.

It's been said before Gaz, Danny Jones and Steve Reddy sorted it out then, but the present board told them they didn't want them involved, since they stopped doing it, nothing is happening!!!

+Quote Post
GazCCFC
post Jan 4 2014, 07:21 PM
Post #25

1st team stalwart

QUOTE (sealand road veteran @ Jan 4 2014, 07:14 PM) *
QUOTE (GazCCFC @ Jan 4 2014, 06:35 PM) *

It's been said before Gaz, Danny Jones and Steve Reddy sorted it out then, but the present board told them they didn't want them involved, since they stopped doing it, nothing is happening!!!

I was aware of this but didn't want to mention any names. Think it's appalling as they do a great job both with the coaching and on match days. Both have the kind of positive attitude needed to sell the club to future fans. I'm unsure on the logic behind knocking them back, particularly now there's funding in place and a community officer paid to deliver results.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th December 2019 - 11:13 PM