Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Deva Stadium Car Park, Pot Holes have now turned into Craters
Dragonslayer
post Nov 13 2013, 11:14 AM
Post #1

1st team stalwart

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 4203

When I was driving out of the car park last night it was pretty dark, and I unfortunately drove down a large crater which caused quite a large bump! I hope that there's no damage to my car's suspension! Is anything being done to sort this problem out? This needs sorting as a matter of urgency.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Barney Daniels B...
post Nov 13 2013, 01:28 PM
Post #2

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 5404

The car park is getting worse . Whose responsibility is it ? Can anyone from the club give us an answer to this question please?

+Quote Post
artyfarty
post Nov 13 2013, 01:44 PM
Post #3

Youth team

Member No.: 9009

QUOTE (Barney Daniels Big Toe @ Nov 13 2013, 01:28 PM) *
The car park is getting worse . Whose responsibility is it ? Can anyone from the club give us an answer to this question please?

This needs addressing NOW. When the inevitable bad weather hits, the potholes will get bigger and the whole car park will be like quarry. There's an accident just waiting to happen and when it does I'll be surprised that nobody sues the club (just wait til Wxm come to town)!!! Where there's blame there's a claim!

+Quote Post
The Colonel
post Nov 13 2013, 01:52 PM
Post #4

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 4808

Agree ,we are a fan owned club, so fill a bag with gravel-- ashes ect and fill in your own holes . if we all did this it would soon solve the problem for a few weeks ,, thoughts ---

+Quote Post
waggoner
post Nov 13 2013, 01:56 PM
Post #5

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 3538

QUOTE (artyfarty @ Nov 13 2013, 01:44 PM) *

This needs addressing NOW. When the inevitable bad weather hits, the potholes will get bigger and the whole car park will be like quarry. There's an accident just waiting to happen and when it does I'll be surprised that nobody sues the club (just wait til Wxm come to town)!!! Where there's blame there's a claim!

very simple one that. if anyone breaks an alloy or damages their car it will be down to the club to pay out. after all its the club who charge to park there so if a claim is made its down to the club to pay

+Quote Post
Bob Shell
post Nov 13 2013, 02:13 PM
Post #6

Squad player

Member No.: 6797

QUOTE (waggoner @ Nov 13 2013, 01:56 PM) *

very simple one that. if anyone breaks an alloy or damages their car it will be down to the club to pay out. after all its the club who charge to park there so if a claim is made its down to the club to pay

Is the car park a part of the lease of the ground? If not it may be the councils responsabillity.

+Quote Post
Barney Daniels B...
post Nov 13 2013, 02:54 PM
Post #7

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 5404

Is anything ever the councils responsibility ?

+Quote Post
MPW
post Nov 13 2013, 03:16 PM
Post #8

1st team captain

Member No.: 1056

I seem to recall something similar being discussed at a CFU meeting a while back and I think that the club have to get permission from the Council before they can do anything. I might be wrong though.

+Quote Post
Stable door
post Nov 13 2013, 04:05 PM
Post #9

1st team sub

Member No.: 10746

Hereford also had some large pot holes in their car park. Was wondering who I should sue if I twisted an ankle. It was dark and no lighting.
If I had a coal fire I would happily donate the ash to our club to fill the craters. At the moment every time I drive onto the car park it's like driving a slalom to miss them.
A thought.. If we pay the club for parking I can see that they should take responsibility for accidents/damage but I didn't pay to park last night so who is responsible? me? The club? The council?

+Quote Post
waggoner
post Nov 13 2013, 04:45 PM
Post #10

Reserve skipper

QUOTE (Bob Shell @ Nov 13 2013, 02:13 PM) *
QUOTE (waggoner @ Nov 13 2013, 01:56 PM) *

Is the car park a part of the lease of the ground? If not it may be the councils responsabillity.

nope the club are charging for parking so down to the club

+Quote Post
Southern Blue
post Nov 13 2013, 04:47 PM
Post #11

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 2331

Of course when you say it is down to the club to pay out, you mean down to us fans to chip in our hard earned cash. Either way, it seems a sensible move to address this issue.

--------------------
I want to play a game.

+Quote Post
the salesman
post Nov 13 2013, 04:59 PM
Post #12

1st team regular

Member No.: 7541

QUOTE (Southern Blue @ Nov 13 2013, 04:47 PM) *
Of course when you say it is down to the club to pay out, you mean down to us fans to chip in our hard earned cash. Either way, it seems a sensible move to address this issue.

the car park is not part of the clubs lease, so dragonslayer if you've got any damage bill the council infact if they received a few claims they would soon be down to sort it out

+Quote Post
Paulie
post Nov 13 2013, 05:54 PM
Post #13

1st team regular

Member No.: 10919

QUOTE (Dragonslayer @ Nov 13 2013, 11:14 AM) *
When I was driving out of the car park last night it was pretty dark, and I unfortunately drove down a large crater which caused quite a large bump! I hope that there's no damage to my car's suspension! Is anything being done to sort this problem out? This needs sorting as a matter of urgency.

The car park has been problematic for as long as I can remember. I would send the invoice to the club .

+Quote Post
nicksonmatt
post Nov 13 2013, 06:08 PM
Post #14

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 1289

Surely if the council owns the ground it owns the area surrounding it. If you rented out a house to someone and there were potholes on the garden path you would be expected to fix it.

--------------------
Chester F.C established 21st May 2010.

+Quote Post
McSeal
post Nov 13 2013, 06:14 PM
Post #15

Reserve skipper
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 6

QUOTE (nicksonmatt @ Nov 13 2013, 06:08 PM) *
Surely if the council owns the ground it owns the area surrounding it. If you rented out a house to someone and there were potholes on the garden path you would be expected to fix it.

Commercial leases don't tend to work like that. We've probably got a 'repairing lease' i.e the tenant is responsible for all repairs.

+Quote Post
nicksonmatt
post Nov 13 2013, 06:18 PM
Post #16

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 1289

Just another idea, could we not get the car park sponsored by some local business and ask them to initially complete / pay for the repair. They could then have a sign by the main gate advising. Car Park sponsored by ...........................

--------------------
Chester F.C established 21st May 2010.

+Quote Post
Dragonslayer
post Nov 13 2013, 06:32 PM
Post #17

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 4203

QUOTE (Paulie @ Nov 13 2013, 05:54 PM) *

The car park has been problematic for as long as I can remember. I would send the invoice to the club .

I would never do that!

+Quote Post
Charfield Blue
post Nov 13 2013, 06:58 PM
Post #18

1st team legend
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 174

Rather than a standard DC whinge, I think this is an important issue that needs clarification. It's potentially a big issue, so as a fans owned club, with fans who go beyond what they normally would to put in additional coffers, we need to know wether this could be an issue and if so how it can be addressed.

--------------------
The Craig Revel-Horwood of non-league football forums - cheers Viv

One Nugget short of a Happy Meal

+Quote Post
Stable door
post Nov 13 2013, 07:25 PM
Post #19

1st team sub

Member No.: 10746

Dare I suggest raising the price of parking from £1 to £3 to raise money to sort out the pot hole issue

+Quote Post
rimmersring
post Nov 13 2013, 07:27 PM
Post #20

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 10799

QUOTE (Charfield Blue @ Nov 13 2013, 06:58 PM) *
Rather than a standard DC whinge, I think this is an important issue that needs clarification. It's potentially a big issue, so as a fans owned club, with fans who go beyond what they normally would to put in additional coffers, we need to know wether this could be an issue and if so how it can be addressed.

if the car park is in Wales, cant we get the Welsh assembly to get it repaired ? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Buckley Blue
post Nov 13 2013, 07:29 PM
Post #21

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 7121

QUOTE (rimmersring @ Nov 13 2013, 07:27 PM) *
QUOTE (Charfield Blue @ Nov 13 2013, 06:58 PM) *

if the car park is in Wales, cant we get the Welsh assembly to get it repaired ? laugh.gif

I think the really badly potholed area is in England

+Quote Post
Buckley Blue
post Nov 13 2013, 07:31 PM
Post #22

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 7121

QUOTE (Stable door @ Nov 13 2013, 07:25 PM) *
Dare I suggest raising the price of parking from £1 to £3 to raise money to sort out the pot hole issue

Definately not, you'll be suggesting next we raise admission prices to sort out the bad team issue

+Quote Post
waggoner
post Nov 13 2013, 07:32 PM
Post #23

Reserve skipper

QUOTE (nicksonmatt @ Nov 13 2013, 06:08 PM) *

Yes but we are CHARGING people to park on the carpark. The council are not inviting people onto the carpark we are!. So just say someones suspension is wrecked by a pothole and they claim 3k repairs off the council and the council pass it to us to pay...we refuse then the council can say ''fook of then you can't use the carpark''.
And just remember this, if someone takes it to court if nobody admits liability 3k can soon turn into 50k with lawyers costs...all for the sake of 3 tonne of crush and run costing £50......madness

+Quote Post
Paulie
post Nov 13 2013, 07:34 PM
Post #24

1st team regular

Member No.: 10919

QUOTE (Dragonslayer @ Nov 13 2013, 06:32 PM) *

I would never do that!

If its only a cheap fix like tracking then perhaps not, if anything like suspension, or the steering column I would definitely consider it.

I once successfully claimed compensation from my employer for slipping on an ungritted icy car park and hurting my arm. 1200 reddies!!

+Quote Post
waggoner
post Nov 13 2013, 07:35 PM
Post #25

Reserve skipper

QUOTE (Dragonslayer @ Nov 13 2013, 06:32 PM) *

I would never do that!

Yes you would if it cracked your suspension ruined your tyre and mangled your alloy wheel unless you have hundereds of pounds to waste

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th August 2019 - 05:34 AM